Giants at Bills 1993

Buffalo03

So, the Jags loss sucked but On to the next week of "the old games against upcoming opponents where we are playing them the coming week". I am going with the Giants at Bills from 1993. I chose this game because it was a Sunday Night Football game just like this week is and ironically was the last time the Bills have beat the Giants at home as we are 0-3 to them here since this game. This was also our most recent Super Bowl season and the last seasons of Phil Simms and Lawrence Taylor for the Giants. This game was on the old TNT broadcast right before switching to the classic ESPN lineup of Mike Patrick, Joe Theismann and Paul McGuire which I highly prefer over the 2 boring guys that did this one lol. We won this game 17-14. I was 7 years old when this game was played and do remember watching it. If anyone else remembers this game or was at it, feel free to post any memories and as always.....Go Bills

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I kinda actually miss NFL on TNT from what I vaguely remember of it but I digress.  

The 1st football game I remember was Super Bowl 25 and I of course always wanted to see a rematch.  So this day finally came.  I actually recall being pretty pumped for it most of the day.  I was only 9 back then.  

I remember it was 10-0 Bills early and my parents told me I had to go sleep.  No TV or phone in my room back then I woke up and was real happy to see the 17-14 win. But it took until YouTube to realize how much of a nail biter this game was!

And it is still the last time the Bills beat the G-Men in Buffalo  

1 hour ago, Another Fan said:

I kinda actually miss NFL on TNT from what I vaguely remember of it but I digress.  

The 1st football game I remember was Super Bowl 25 and I of course always wanted to see a rematch.  So this day finally came.  I actually recall being pretty pumped for it most of the day.  I was only 9 back then.  

I remember it was 10-0 Bills early and my parents told me I had to go sleep.  No TV or phone in my room back then I woke up and was real happy to see the 17-14 win. But it took until YouTube to realize how much of a nail biter this game was!

I remember those days. I was only 7 and my parents only allowed me to watch the first half because I had school the next day but I listened to it on the radio until I went to sleep and found out the next morning that they won. There were many gamed back then I wanted my parents to let me stay up for but they wouldn't lol. I like knowing I can stay up to watch them as late as I want now 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Another Fan said:

TNT did a great job when they had Sunday Night Football.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I was 14 and have very distinct memories watching this game at my grandparents house, where I had also watched Super Bowl XXV 3 years earlier. I remember feeling a sense of relief as though an exorcism had taken place: recall, we also beat Dallas and Washington that year. Ultimately, these were regular season wins that may have contributed to our playoff berth, but even though I have fond memories, they sadly carry no special significance.

I definitely miss the NFL on TNT. There are so many options now both in night of the week and network that the "special event" feeling of both that presentation and MNF is non-existent.

Edited by Punch

2 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

TNT did a great job when they had Sunday Night Football.

I prefer the old ESPN lineup but TNT was good also

39 minutes ago, Punch said:

I was 14 and have very distinct memories watching this game at my grandparents house, where I had also watched Super Bowl XXV 3 years earlier. I remember feeling a sense of relief as though an exorcism had taken place: recall, we also beat Dallas and Washington that year. Ultimately, these were regular season wins that may have contributed to our playoff berth, but even though I have fond memories, they sadly carry no special significance.

I definitely miss the NFL on TNT. There are so many options now both in night of the week and network that the "special event" feeling of both that presentation and MNF is non-existent.

Yeah, we got revenge on Dallas and Washington that season. Primarily because Dallas didn't have Emmitt Smith because of his hold out but the Cowboys just killed us again in the Super Bowl a few months later. That game sucked just like the previous super bowls 

1993 was the revenge tour of NFC East teams that beat us in the Super Bowl (NYG/WAS at night, at Dallas week 2 with Emmitt Smith still holding out). We were nowhere near the level of explosiveness from the early K-Gun era and the defense gave up a ton of yards, but still found a way to win. Buffalo led the league that year in forced turnovers. One of my favorite teams in Bills history

• Agree 1

What I notice most when I re-watch games from this era is how basically clueless the referees were most of the time.  It seemed as though the only thing they were concerned about was where to spot the ball.  There was after-the-whistle nonsense constantly, late hits, and it is clear as day the NFL didn’t give a damn about players’ health or safety.

I don’t like a lot of penalty flags but I think the games today are more entertaining.

Edited by eball

On 10/14/2023 at 3:01 PM, Another Fan said:

Until tonight ;)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.