Get Mad Bills Mafia!

Low Positive

It's like a funeral in here today. THIS IS NOT A POSITIVE POST, ITS AN ANGRY POST. GET MAD!!! The damn commissioner used the team that I have followed since birth as a GD experiment to see if his precious Jags would have too much of an advantage if given a 7-week London residency. And yes, after the Chiefs the Jags are the most important team to the league because they give up a home game every year to the "shield." Now that we know that Goodell used the Bills like guinea pigs I can see why they were sleepwalking through the first half. And before some holier-than-thou "realist adult" comes in here telling me "no excuses," let me just say that the Bills fans are the weakest in the league. Our reflex, which was finely honed by 20 years of futility, is to get mad at our own team. But right now we should be hopping mad at the league for making our team play in that situation. They knew it was an advantage, they just wanted to know just how much of an advantage. When the NFL came up with a "solution" to the Hamlin situation that slightly inconvenienced the Bengals, did Bengals players and fans say "No excuses?" No. They were practically hanging Gooddell in effigy from the powerlines in Price Hill. Get mad at the league for giving the Jags a known advantage in a game that was supposed to be a Bills home game. That is BS, and I hope that the team saw that interview and gets mad about being used as an experiment.

And BTW, I am a supporter of McDermott but he didn't handle the Hamiln situation well at all and it probably cost us a shot at a SB. He let the team mope around and make heart hands while the Bengals were out there tweeting "get your refunds." You cannot play NFL football sad. I think that's what set Stef off and we saw that again yesterday. The Bills sideline was moping after the Milano injury. Right now, McDermott needs to play that Goodell interview to the team so that they can channel their energy toward a common enemy; the rest of the league. If he does that, the Giants won't know what hit them on Sunday night.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Shouldn't they have been mad before the game? They knew Jacksonville was going to be in England two weeks in a row when the schedule came out. Fact is the team didn't play well, injuries mounted again and the offense was struggling to do anything for 3 quarters. Blame jet leg or bad calls but the reality still is the Bills lost the game in the end. All a fan of this team can do rightnow is hope they figure out a way to fix clear issues the team has. No amount of complaining and anger we have as fans does anything, it's on the players and the coaches as it always is to fix it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, BillzFreak said:

Shouldn't they have been mad before the game? They knew Jacksonville was going to be in England two weeks in a row when the schedule came out. Fact is the team didn't play well, injuries mounted again and the offense was struggling to do anything for 3 quarters. Blame jet leg or bad calls but the reality still is the Bills lost the game in the end. All a fan of this team can do rightnow is hope they figure out a way to fix clear issues the team has. No amount of complaining and anger we have as fans does anything, it's on the players and the coaches as it always is to fix it. 

They should have been really angry about it before the game. They should have been angry about it since the schedule release day. If the NFL did that to the Bengals or Dolphins, their players would have been all over the artist formerly known as Twitter complaining about it and they would have used that as motivation. The Bills, instead, always preach "accountability" and always blame themselves for every and all misfortune. I think that attitude has been passed over to the fans. The Bills moped on the sidelines after the Milano injury and TBD is holding a wake for the Bills 2023 season.

• Eyeroll 1

The fact of the matter is that if this game is played in Buffalo we win the game and probably don't loose Milano for the year. I think it ridiculous that we give up a home game to play a team that clearly has the advantage from playing in a time zone 5 hours ahead for two consecutive weeks on AstroTurf.  Unfortunately as a fan getting mad at the situation is not going to change it. The team should have denied playing in London or at least after seeing it was the Jags who are playing two strait weeks in London agreed only if it was considered an away game. Yes we still loose but we keep 8 real home games. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, BILLS55 said:

The fact of the matter is that if this game is played in Buffalo we win the game and probably don't loose Milano for the year. I think it ridiculous that we give up a home game to play a team that clearly has the advantage from playing in a time zone 5 hours ahead for two consecutive weeks on AstroTurf.  Unfortunately as a fan getting mad at the situation is not going to change it. The team should have denied playing in London or at least after seeing it was the Jags who are playing two strait weeks in London agreed only if it was considered an away game. Yes we still loose but we keep 8 real home games. 

We still have 8 homes games. This one was the 9th in the 17 week schedule.

• Agree 1

Just now, FrenchConnection said:

They should have been really angry about it before the game. They should have been angry about it since the schedule release day. If the NFL did that to the Bengals or Dolphins, their players would have been all over the artist formerly known as Twitter complaining about it and they would have used that as motivation. The Bills, instead, always preach "accountability" and always blame themselves for every and all misfortune. I think that attitude has been passed over to the fans. The Bills moped on the sidelines after the Milano injury and TBD is holding a wake for the Bills 2023 season.

It's always a poop show on here after a loss, lately it's been like that on here after we win to. But this is a message board and has no bearing on how the Bills team should play. The players and the coaches have to be better, it's plain and simple. 

2 minutes ago, BillzFreak said:

It's always a poop show on here after a loss, lately it's been like that on here after we win to. But this is a message board and has no bearing on how the Bills team should play. The players and the coaches have to be better, it's plain and simple. 

Of course that's true, but living in Cincinnati I saw how the collective anger of the entire city of Cincinnati drove the Bengals during the week leading up to the playoff game in Buffalo. I couldn't talk to people about the game because all I heard about was neutral site ticket refunds. And then you heard Burrow reference exactly that after the game. I think that they used it to fire them up and they took the entire city along for that ride.

1 minute ago, FrenchConnection said:

Of course that's true, but living in Cincinnati I saw how the collective anger of the entire city of Cincinnati drove the Bengals during the week leading up to the playoff game in Buffalo. I couldn't talk to people about the game because all I heard about was neutral site ticket refunds. And then you heard Burrow reference exactly that after the game. I think that they used it to fire them up and they took the entire city along for that ride.

They should have got angry the week after as well then 

So like I said it's on the players to figure it out. We can only do our part as fans. And we have been, we support this team on the road and sell out at home. We bring noise and passion as a fan base. If the players can't see this and be motivated to play hard that's on them because the fans have done there part above and honestly beyond.

It is no doubt a frustrating situation, NFL not caring about product or safety to make money, but it's not new.

I figure they want to move the Jags to London, so giving them advantage to look good and gain fans over there makes sense if they want to get to that end 

But you can't just be mad at the league. 

Our offense did nothing. They were tired. Boohoo.

The real thing to get mad about is how mentally weak this team is. It showed last year and it's rearing it's ugly head again this year. When they face adversity they pack it in and give up.

All it took this time was jet lag. Yeah, that's all it takes to rattle this team.

Just now, Aussie Joe said:

They should have got angry the week after as well then 

They were. They were a drive away from back-to-back Super Bowls. In fact, you could argue that they played too angry on that last drive. Ask anyone in Cincinnati. The Bengals didn't lose. The refs gave the game to the Chiefs.

They were. They were a drive away from back-to-back Super Bowls. In fact, you could argue that they played too angry on that last drive. Ask anyone in Cincinnati. The Bengals didn't lose. The refs gave the game to the Chiefs.

I hope that made them more angry then …

I have a slightly different take on this.  I agree the jags had the advantage as they have been over there for 2 weeks, but the NFL didn't tell the Bills not to go to London until the Thursday before and then do a walk through practice on Friday because the players were tired.  Supposedly the Bills had a plan for the time change, well that obviously didn't work.  Why weren't the Bills in London on Monday or Tuesday at least.  The Ravens are on their way today for their London game next week.

The whole way that the Bills handled the game was putrid.  I like McDermott but his plan for this was pathetic.  Hopefully they learned for the next time they have to go to London.

• Agree 1

I was unsure where to post this, my thoughts are that if the NFL wanted Jacksonville to play 2 games in London, one designated as home and then the other one as away then they needed to play the away game at Buffalo first then have the home Atlanta game as the 2nd game.

Practically I believe it wouldn't be possible because Tottenham played Liverpool on 30 September and that the Jaguars home game is always at Wembley.

This year Jacksonville has "gained" an additional home fixture. I hope this "experiment" ends this year or is significantly modified as one team gained a significant advantage.

As a European I am kind of down that a decent amount of Bills fans have negative opinions of European fixtures after this negative 2023 experience. I didn't personally attend but it was a beautiful day and the stadium was at least 85% Bills fans, it should have been an unforgettable day that lingered in the memory. 

3 minutes ago, quincy said:

I was unsure where to post this, my thoughts are that if the NFL wanted Jacksonville to play 2 games in London, one designated as home and then the other one as away then they needed to play the away game at Buffalo first then have the home Atlanta game as the 2nd game.

Practically I believe it wouldn't be possible because Tottenham played Liverpool on 30 September and that the Jaguars home game is always at Wembley.

This year Jacksonville has "gained" an additional home fixture. I hope this "experiment" ends this year or is significantly modified as one team gained a significant advantage.

As a European I am kind of down that a decent amount of Bills fans have negative opinions of European fixtures after this negative 2023 experience. I didn't personally attend but it was a beautiful day and the stadium was at least 85% Bills fans, it should have been an unforgettable day that lingered in the memory. 

The reason that we dislike them is simple. I don't know what European football you support, but imagine if the league forced them to fly to New York to play an October fixture that counts on a temporary field. All in the name of growing the brand in another country. We get exhibition tours every summer by English, Spanish, and German clubs, but no regular season fixtures or cup ties because that would be unthinkable. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.