Roger Goodell said today's game was an experiment??

Bubba Gump

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

Do the intl games really make the league that much $$ tho

I don’t know the numbers but…

The games sell out in 5 mins … plenty of merch being moved over there and in the mid term more TV money …however I doubt that they are getting much European TV money now .. 

To a pimp another dollar or Euro in this case is another dollar. It must be making money. When was the last time the NFL gave something away?

Just now, iinii said:

To a pimp another dollar or Euro in this case is another dollar. It must be making money. When was the last time the NFL gave something away?

I dunno I'm just asking

I guess I don't understand the idea of how the Europe circuit is so profitable they just had to have it

Just now, Aussie Joe said:

I don’t know the numbers but…

The games sell out in 5 mins … plenty of merch being moved over there and in the mid term more TV money …however I doubt that they are getting much European TV money now .. 

bingo! That is the ultimate prize. More TV money. The NFL is marginally concerned with the guy in the seat. They are courting the guys in the suites.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I dunno I'm just asking

I guess I don't understand the idea of how the Europe circuit is so profitable they just had to have it

As long as profit is involved they have to have it. And if you look at what @Aussie Joe had to say you would realize the NFL is planting seeds for another harvest. London is the closest BIG money new market. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Did Coke and McDonalds stay in the US?

Do American movies get shown overseas ?

Where do you think your jerseys are sewn lol

Folks in other countries aren't prevented from purchasing NFL merchandise just because the games are played in the US

Folks in other countries aren't prevented from purchasing NFL merchandise just because the games are played in the US

Vietnam probably. Apparently that isn’t enough. The NBA plays in China for a reason. 

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

You really don’t understand why expanding your product to a continent of 300 million of some of the wealthiest people in the planet could be profitable … when dozens of American companies have already walked down that path?

11 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

You really don’t understand why expanding your product to a continent of 300 million of some of the wealthiest people in the planet could be profitable … when dozens of American companies have already walked down that path?

No idont understand why you think expanding your product to another continent means you have to manufacture it there as well 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

I wonder how many Euros were wagered yesterday on the game. That might be one for the analytics department. Shhhh….another dirty little secret. Parlays and prop bets give meaning to meaningless games. Just ask Jamie Foxx 

No idont understand why you think expanding your product to another continent means you have to manufacture it there as well 

Then you will probably never be a billionaire. 

• Like (+1) 1

A small percentage of “manufacturing” (small  at the moment -I’m sure the plan is to increase this percentage ) no doubt assists with European media coverage and maintaining fan engagement … they have playedgames over there for a while now and they seem to be doing something right with growing the interest 

Like I said earlier … the decades long plan will really pay off when European platforms start paying to show the games … probably around the time that they have teams based there permanently 

21 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

A small percentage of “manufacturing” (small  at the moment -I’m sure the plan is to increase this percentage ) no doubt assists with European media coverage and maintaining fan engagement … they have playedgames over there for a while now and they seem to be doing something right with growing the interest 

Like I said earlier … the decades long plan will really pay off when European platforms start paying to show the games … probably around the time that they have teams based there permanently 

They had teams based there permanently, it was called the World League and then NFL Europe and it lost money every year of its existence and was eventually replaced by the International series we have now

10 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

They had teams based there permanently, it was called the World League and then NFL Europe and it lost money every year of its existence and was eventually replaced by the International series we have now

Full of second rate players that couldn’t make the NFL

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

It's a large market for jerseys and merchandise.  US has been pretty much saturated.  That's why they are courting the Swifties...untapped market for merchandise.

Will the league be disclosing what other experiments they will be running? I know we have this time lag experiment.  And I am aware of the ongoing experiment to call defensive holding penalties on the Bills, but not their opponents.  Any others? 

• Haha (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Will the league be disclosing what other experiments they will be running? I know we have this time lag experiment.  And I am aware of the ongoing experiment to call defensive holding penalties on the Bills, but not their opponents.  Any others? 

Sorry that is confidential and highly classified. It is called the Manhattan Project. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.