2nd Year POY

GreggTX

ROY gets a lot of attention, but what about year 2 guys that were pretty much invisible then exploded in year 2? I seem to recall Mahomes took off in year 2. Josh came of age in year 3.

Are there any year 2 players that stand out to you? Hutchinson, Gardner or our own Bernard and Cook? If you had to hand out the year 2 POY trophy, who would you give it to?

NFC and AFC. offense and Defense.

I like Purdy and Hutchinson in the NFC and both Cook and Bernard in the AFC.

Kinda puts a new light on our 2022 draft, especially if the still young Elam takes a big leap. Bernard is as good as any year 2 player out there IMO.

Edited by GreggTX

1 hour ago, boyst said:

Gardner is overrated because he gets so much praise people ignore the blatant holding and penalties against him. He's very good but not as overrated as Tavon Diggs. 

The hold they are all crying about vs Chiefs was without a doubt a penalty. The media has anointed him the “next shut down corner”.. which gives him cart blanch to do whatever he wants. The finally called him on it. The real missed call was the blatant hold entire play by the LT when Mahomes ran for about 30 yards. Yeah it was holding but not a single player turned to go after him. Jets coaching owns that. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, boyst said:

Gardner is overrated because he gets so much praise people ignore the blatant holding and penalties against him. He's very good but not as overrated as Tavon Diggs. 

Trent McDuffie has outplayed Sauce Gardner and doesn't get any attention from the media. Having a nickname makes a big difference.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

The hold they are all crying about vs Chiefs was without a doubt a penalty. The media has anointed him the “next shut down corner”.. which gives him cart blanch to do whatever he wants. The finally called him on it. The real missed call was the blatant hold entire play by the LT when Mahomes ran for about 30 yards. Yeah it was holding but not a single player turned to go after him. Jets coaching owns that. 

While it's not the thread for that debate, the choice to throw the flag on that play and not the zillion other holds was probably excusable in a vacuum...but coupled with the ticky tack penalty on their center to kill a drive and the non flag on a crazy hold by the chiefs LT....I can empathize with Salah's rage. 

To beat the chiefs you're playing against a team who gets 5 downs to your 4 when it gets to crunch time.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

21 hours ago, NickelCity said:

While it's not the thread for that debate, the choice to throw the flag on that play and not the zillion other holds was probably excusable in a vacuum...but coupled with the ticky tack penalty on their center to kill a drive and the non flag on a crazy hold by the chiefs LT....I can empathize with Salah's rage. 

To beat the chiefs you're playing against a team who gets 5 downs to your 4 when it gets to crunch time.

Mahomes and Reid are the new Brady and BB. I will say KC fans are whining about the S and grounding calls. The one thing for sure when you play KC is you can’t beat yourself as for the most part they will get the key calls. Just ask the Eagles 🦅 

• Agree 1

23 hours ago, GreggTX said:

ROY gets a lot of attention, but what about year 2 guys that were pretty much invisible then exploded in year 2? I seem to recall Mahomes took off in year 2. Josh came of age in year 3.

Are there any year 2 players that stand out to you? Hutchinson, Gardner or our own Bernard and Cook? If you had to hand out the year 2 POY trophy, who would you give it to?

NFC and AFC. offense and Defense.

I like Purdy and Hutchinson in the NFC and both Cook and Bernard in the AFC.

Kinda puts a new light on our 2022 draft, especially if the still young Elam takes a big leap. Bernard is as good as any year 2 player out there IMO.

Purdy should've been OROY and Hutchinson DROY,  irregardless both should be 2POYs.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.