Bills lose Eli Ankou to Falcons, signed off Bills PS

PromoTheRobot

7 hours ago, MJS said:

Yeah, let's base all our roster decisions on preseason snaps...

I'm confused. Is this ironic, or sarcastic? The entire point of preseason is to select your 53 for the coaches, and to put reps to film for players. How else would you select players for the roster, have them throw their hockey sticks into a pile and toss half to the left and half to the right?

17 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

I'm confused. Is this ironic, or sarcastic? The entire point of preseason is to select your 53 for the coaches, and to put reps to film for players. How else would you select players for the roster, have them throw their hockey sticks into a pile and toss half to the left and half to the right?

The preseason games (what you and I see) are a small fraction of what the coaches see and use to evaluate players.

9 minutes ago, MJS said:

The preseason games (what you and I see) are a small fraction of what the coaches see and use to evaluate players.

It's not exclusive, but practice is practice. Games are games. Most classes I took gave more weight to tests than drills.

1 hour ago, Ralonzo said:

It's not exclusive, but practice is practice. Games are games. Most classes I took gave more weight to tests than drills.

Preseason games are glorified practices, with fewer reps. They are a part of the evaluation, but only a part.

19 hours ago, Logic said:

I hope he hangs Arthur Smith upside down over a hotel railing by his ankles and shakes him until he agrees to make Kyle Pitts a featured part of the Falcons offense.

I only saw ATL last week,  looked like they were trying to get Pitts involved but Ridder just refused to sling it. 

Having similar issue with Goedart in Philly. I'm lucky to be 2-2 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

I only saw ATL last week,  looked like they were trying to get Pitts involved but Ridder just refused to sling it. 

Having similar issue with Goedart in Philly. I'm lucky to be 2-2 

TE's are down across the board. Kittle's in that boat too. Even Kelce's #'s aren't extraordinary. He's #7 in points.
I ended up picking up LaPorta on the waiver wire and that's helped a little. But no sure bets at TE these days. 

4 hours ago, TampaBillsJunkie said:

TE's are down across the board. Kittle's in that boat too. Even Kelce's #'s aren't extraordinary. He's #7 in points.
I ended up picking up LaPorta on the waiver wire and that's helped a little. But no sure bets at TE these days. 

Ya that's true. Engram on Jax looks like he gets a bunch of targets.

I had Kittle last year , he had an awful start but did great down the stretch 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.