Disfunction Junction, What's Your Function, House Republicans? Embarrassment To The Nation

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Again with the testicles.  What’s that all about? 

Anyway, no need to be dishonest here, I responded to your initial inquiry about Kushner, the Saudi’s and our US government’s deep and abiding partnership  with the Saudis.  What else is there to say?  

https://www.state.gov/united-states-saudi-arabia-relationship-eight-decades-of-partnership/

When you’re all busted up and protesting JKush, are you upset about 3M, IBM, Boeing and the Holiday Inn?  

https://www.the-saudi.net/business-center/links-usa.htm

What a crock of schitt. 

I don’t care about the US governments long time relationship with the Saudis.

I also don’t care that corporate America doing business IN Saudi.

I do care about Trump’s Middle East czar scoring a $2 BILLION gift to his start up six months AFTER leaving his role at the WH.

The fact that you can’t even acknowledge that it just doesn’t smell right - is absurd

Hack harder.

• Agree 1

56 minutes ago, BillStime said:

What a crock of schitt. 

I don’t care about the US governments long time relationship with the Saudis.

I also don’t care that corporate America doing business IN Saudi.

I do care about Trump’s Middle East czar scoring a $2 BILLION gift to his start up six months AFTER leaving his role at the WH.

The fact that you can’t even acknowledge that it just doesn’t smell right - is absurd

Hack harder.

You don’t have to care, the thinking has already been done for you.    

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

If you look at the 20 Republicans that just voted against@Jim_Jordan

for Speaker, they all fall into one of three categories:

Appropriators: There's an old saying in Congress that there are three parties: Democrats, Republicans, and appropriators. These people make up the bureaucratic industrial complexes and want to be able to continue deficit spending like there's no tomorrow. Of the 20 Jordan No's, seven were members of the House Appropriations Committee: Kay Granger, Mike Simpson, Mario Diaz-Balart, Steve Womack, John Rutherford, Tony Gonzales, and Jake Ellzey.

Defense Hawks: Pretty simple category here. These are the people that are scared Speaker Jordan would stop them from being able to give an endless amount of money to Ukraine and other pointless wars in random parts of the globe. Jim Jordan hinted as much that the gravy train to Ukraine would be slowed so now they're denying him the Speakership. Of the 20 Jordan No's, four are members of the Armed Services Committee: Don Bacon, Carlos Gimenez, Jen Kiggans, and Nick LaLota.

Members in Biden-won Districts: This category probably seems to make more sense to you. They represent blue districts therefore they don't want to vote for a conservative like Jim Jordan. But here's the thing: There are several members like Brian Fitzpatrick, David Valadao, and others who also represent blue districts but just voted for him. Do you also really think the average voter in their district even cares who the Speaker is?

What the holdouts have in common is that they're all freshmen members of Congress who desperately need K-Street money in order to be re-elected next year: Anthony D'Esposito, Andrew Garbarino, Nick LaLota, and Mike Lawler. On top of that, all but two of the 20 Jordan No's submitted earmarks requests for the latest budget.

Basically, Jim Jordan is being opposed by members who are a part of the military and bureaucratic industrial complexes, as well as members who need lobbyist dollars to be re-elected.

https://twitter.com/greg_price11/status/1714369022651781246?

Edited by B-Man
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BillStime said:

Cancel all groomers.

I mean the loudest part of this out loud Jordan is not even supported by his own Republican base

There are Republicans actively working to make sure that he never holds that gavel now why do you think that is

3 hours ago, BillStime said:

Cancel all groomers.

If the rumor is true, he did far more than just turned a blind eye. He was on the phone actively asking these victims not to file lawsuits.

• Eyeroll 1

• Tiberius changed the title to Gym Jordan To Lose Another Vote -- Ken Buck Calls Him Out on 2020

Boehner, Gingrich and Ryan say the conference should empower McHenry

Return to menu

By Mariana Alfaro

Former House speaker Newt Gingrich (R-Ga.) attends a portrait unveiling for former speaker Paul D. Ryan (R-Wis.) in Statuary Hall at the U.S. Capitol on May 17. (Jabin Botsford/The Washington Post)

Three men who were previously challenged by a divided Republican conference are calling for members of the House GOP to expand the powers of Rep. Patrick T. McHenry (R-N.C.), who is serving as a temporary speaker while Republicans figure out their next steps.

In an column published Tuesday night on his personal website, former speaker Newt Gingrich (R-Ga.) said House Republicans should unify behind McHenry.

I don’t understand why Jordan even wants the job

Has not passed a single piece of legislation, the whole time that he has been in the house, years and years of no production

Why does he want the stress of the gavel?

17 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

No, he spread election disinformation, cast doubt upon free and fair elections  long before Trump ever thought of it. 

But, he’s your guy, so….

I just don’t think you’re getting it

If Trump would’ve said that, he felt that he won asked for recounts had his days in court which he had and then whenever all legal remedies had been exhausted, said OK I don’t like it, but I lost nobody would be saying anything

It’s what he did after that

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I mean is all as Jordan has to do is admit Trump lost in 2020. Why can't he do that? 

Like in a public square.  public apology?  Struggle Session?

got to attack them four olds.

Edited by Tommy Callahan