Young people will save this country

10 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I’m not quite sure what your point is here. Democrats are trying to get guns away from these kids well conservatives think that everyone should have one readily available to them.

The mental gymnastics that you must’ve had to go through to come to that conclusion

Those kids are going to have to work those 40 hour work weeks in order to pay back what they owe from sleazy loaning officers

Um.  An ELEVEN year old shot 2 kids.  

That is NOT a gun problem. 

Holy cow.  

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I’m not quite sure what your point is here. Democrats are trying to get guns away from these kids well conservatives think that everyone should have one readily available to them.

The mental gymnastics that you must’ve had to go through to come to that conclusion

Those kids are going to have to work those 40 hour work weeks in order to pay back what they owe from sleazy loaning officers

DEMS work to disarm legal owners and promote lawlessness. 

eff, they consider illegal carry a victimless crime and it falls under bail reform.  they attack the vehicle and companies' vs the crimes taking place.

Dem strongholds are shooting themselves in the foot, literally.

Edited by Tommy Callahan
  • Haha (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

absolute bs.  You're clearly including blacks as a "protected minority.  But they're not protected:

Black people were overrepresented in most jails with relevant data. In 2022, Black people made up 12% of the local populations but 26% of the jail populations on average across the 595 jails from the JDI sample for which race data was available for the entire year.

if they do crime they go to jail, often with harsher sentences than whites.  Jim Crow laws were not written or supported by liberals wanting to treat blacks as children.

I'll have to look but I believe the percentage of whites on welfare isn't much different than blacks or other minorities.  Oh, and the big one - "minorities" will soon be the majority.

https://blog.gitnux.com/welfare-recipient-statistics/#:~:text=higher welfare rates.-,38.8% of welfare recipients are White%2C 39.8% are Black,%2C and 3.3% are Other.

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

9 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

spot on. they live in some echo chamber where victimhood is the commodity. where they think Martyr mentality is a hero mentality. 

look at the guy that was killed in Brooklyn the other night. his girlfriend didn't even help or give the police any details.  its ideology over common sense.

1 hour ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Black people were overrepresented in most jails with relevant data. In 2022, Black people made up 12% of the local populations but 26% of the jail populations on average across the 595 jails from the JDI sample for which race data was available for the entire year.

chicken or the egg.

Women are half the population, but only 6 percent of the penal system.  sexist judicial system, or are women less likely to commit crime?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Tommy Callahan said:

spot on. they live in some echo chamber where victimhood is the commodity. where they think Martyr mentality is a hero mentality. 

look at the guy that was killed in Brooklyn the other night. his girlfriend didn't even help or give the police any details.  its ideology over common sense.

It's amazing how the Dem leadership has caused them to hate themselves so much that they're willing to be killed.  Or protect those who kill them.

1 hour ago, Tommy Callahan said:

chicken or the egg.

Women are half the population, but only 6 percent of the penal system.  sexist judicial system, or are women less likely to commit crime?

We Asians are 7.4% of the population but less than 2% of penal system.  There must be bias for us.

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Doc said:

We Asians are 7.4% of the population but less than 2% of penal system.  There must be bias for us.

Another good reference that destroys the "percentage in the penal system, is the evidence for systemic racism" talking point that gets parroted non stop.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Another good reference that destroys the "percentage in the penal system, is the evidence for systemic racism" talking point that gets parroted non stop.

As they like to say, "don't commit crimes, idiots."

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

up here every night its the wild west with the Kia and Hyundai thefts and crimes with them.  

And the state is on top of it. they are suing Kia and Hyundai.  while not even holding the criminals.

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 10/5/2023 at 12:09 PM, Doc said:

On 10/5/2023 at 12:14 PM, Tommy Callahan said:

up here every night its the wild west with the Kia and Hyundai thefts and crimes with them.  

And the state is on top of it. they are suing Kia and Hyundai.  while not even holding the criminals.

it’s the cars fault people steal them. Too many people that have no idea have a voice 

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

i do think the younger generations are so much better than the selfish boomers. The future will be better

How is generation of narcissists that spend 12 hours a day taking selfies that are mostly unfit physically, mentally, and emotionally for military duty going to "save us"?  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, SUNY_amherst said:

You just described the baby boomers lol.

so tired of seeing 60+ year olds on facebook with their selfies

I don't see 60 year olds walking around town, and driving, starring at their phones all day.  The iPhone is to young people what the Bible to Christians.  Their phone is their God, providing guidance and instruction.  Wake up and look around at the real world and see what's going down around you.  We're headed for some hard times so best to prepare rather than be surprised.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SUNY_amherst said:

haha ok old man

Everyone uses their phones too much these days, especially old baby boomers 

Without the attacks on age.  

https://www.digitalmarketing.org/blog/how-much-time-does-the-average-person-spend-on-social-media 

US adults spend an average of 38 minutes on Facebook alone.

While young adults continue to use social media sites at high levels, usage by older adults has increased over the years. 

People aged 16-29 spend the most time (3 hours daily) on social networking platforms, while aged adults between 45 and 54 spend 1 hour and 39 minutes every day.

Millennials spend around 2 hours and 30 minutes on social media. 

The pattern indicates that younger people spend the most time on social media channels.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

this is something I noticed about the younger generation that is really great and different from us:

when we were growing up if another kid was weird or different**, he or she had a really rough go at it. Lets just be honest. I'm talking physically beaten up, obviously picked on verbally, etc.  Lets be real the bullies were the "cool kids." 

They arent like that at all these days, it is crazy. the younger gen goes out of their way to protect the different kids and bullies are like the new losers. I think that is great. AND its very Christian. 

--

**weird or different back then could've been many things- a different race or religion, obviously if they were gay, or even if they were just physically unattractive or mentally challenged. 

cool story bro

what one do you have personal experience with.  

Anit bullying rules in school ended up being a tool for the bullies.  

31 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

I am a grown man with kids. I base it off of that. Do you have kids in schools in the last decade or do you just read things on the internet all day

that's cool. I figured you for a college student.

I have a 9-year-old in school now. one in college and one graduated with grandkids.  crazy, huh

Some of us can multitask.

• Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

I am a grown man with kids. I base it off of that. Do you have kids in schools in the last decade or do you just read things on the internet all day

Same here. And I noticed the same thing with my kids. The anti-bullying thing has been internalized by them now. I don't hear about kids who are different being bullied. One of the families we know well has a younger kid on the autism spectrum. They never mentioned her being bullied. Most of the other kids went out of their way to be supportive. This is a good development.

• Like (+1) 2