Newsom vs DeSantis Debate

Irv

5 hours ago, dickleyjones said:

My criticism is not about what i personally find offensive. It is about what i think is a good or bad political move on a debate stage.

There are books written for 2 year olds about poop and i bet you will find many in libraries. Which kinda highlights my point - the poop map was childish and makes DeSantis look weak at best, poopy at worst.

If you don't believe there was plenty of substance to the debate and you want to focus on a poop bag rather than all the stats he was rattling off then that means you came into with a preconceived dislike for him and no matter what he was going to say you wouldn't support.

There are plenty of voters like you who don't really care about the cultural issues that helps create the rot in our societies and as a father of two girls that are in school, I care very deeply about all the things that schools and corporations are doing to inject ideologies that aren't rooted in science and that are created to help indoctrinate these minds into believing things such as Critical Race theory, faux DEI concepts, transgendered males competing against women, corporations attempting to run roughshod over politicians and a number of other things.    

I'm Floridian, so I'm biased for DeSantis but I can tell you this, I was never biased for Rick Scott, Jeb Bush, Charlie Crist back when he was a Republican.  What DeSantis did during COVID and all the bold items that he promised and delivered on, I'm thankful.  I feel like what he was able to accomplish specially COVID that I am indebted to him.    

He'll very likely lose and Trump will be the nominee, but I am 100% convinced he would end up being a much more disciplined, energetic, organized and effective executive than anyone else running on either side of the aisle.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Magox said:

If you don't believe there was plenty of substance to the debate and you want to focus on a poop bag rather than all the stats he was rattling off then that means you came into with a preconceived dislike for him and no matter what he was going to say you wouldn't support.

There are plenty of voters like you who don't really care about the cultural issues that helps create the rot in our societies and as a father of two girls that are in school, I care very deeply about all the things that schools and corporations are doing to inject ideologies that aren't rooted in science and that are created to help indoctrinate these minds into believing things such as Critical Race theory, faux DEI concepts, transgendered males competing against women, corporations attempting to run roughshod over politicians and a number of other things.    

I'm Floridian, so I'm biased for DeSantis but I can tell you this, I was never biased for Rick Scott, Jeb Bush, Charlie Crist back when he was a Republican.  What DeSantis did during COVID and all the bold items that he promised and delivered on, I'm thankful.  I feel like what he was able to accomplish specially COVID that I am indebted to him.    

He'll very likely lose and Trump will be the nominee, but I am 100% convinced he would end up being a much more disciplined, energetic, organized and effective executive than anyone else running on either side of the aisle.

The policies that the institutes in Florida would not fly as president

1 hour ago, Magox said:

Turn off Fox News before your kids disown you. 

44 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

The policies that the institutes in Florida would not fly as president

Aside from the 6 week abortion which he already has heavily implied he wouldn’t go for any sort of abortion agenda as president what policies wouldn’t “fly”?

40 minutes ago, B-Man said:

If you took out the name, Newsom and you put in the name Trump, this would actually be true

49 minutes ago, B-Man said:

That is your opinion.

(and it is incorrect.)

Well, I think that your opinion is incorrect

Gavin Newsom went into enemy territory and made DeSantis look stupid

55 minutes ago, Magox said:

Aside from the 6 week abortion which he already has heavily implied he wouldn’t go for any sort of abortion agenda as president what policies wouldn’t “fly”?

Well, his book burning for one

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

If you took out the name, Newsom and you put in the name Trump, this would actually be true

Well, I think that your opinion is incorrect

Gavin Newsom went into enemy territory and made DeSantis look stupid

Well, his book burning for one

Which book burning?

Give me an example

12 hours ago, Magox said:

there was plenty of substance, sure. but that won't sway the Ds and Rs much if at all. it's the independents that I consider when judging the way these two present themselves. i admit i have seen DeSantis debate a couple of times recently and both times i thought he came off poorly and this reaffirmed my opinion.

i do care about cultural issues, but again i'm not judging these two on issues. we know where Ds and Rs stand. 

i agree with you about COVID, i don't know every detail of how Florida handled it but i know that the governments did a lot of damage in Canada in the name of "saving the healthcare system". they did the exact opposite. in Florida i know they lifted restrictions earlier which was good and DeSantis gets points for that.

and you may be correct about his effectiveness when in office. my interest is political strategy. does the guy really have what it takes to win the presidency? i don't think he does, it's not his policy, it's the way he performs on a microphone. and again i'm not saying that is good for society but it is the reality.

11 hours ago, BillStime said:

Turn off Fox News before your kids disown you. 

Fox News is actually behind the curve, when it comes to these topics…

10 hours ago, BillStime said:

That debate did DeSaster no favors - it just reaffirmed the guy will never be POTUS.

Meh…disagree…

I’m sure no one thought George W. Bush, Donald Trump, Joe Biden would ever be president…Times change…DeSantis might not have a shot now, but you never know which direction the winds will blow in the future…

30 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Meh…disagree…

I’m sure no one thought George W. Bush, Donald Trump, Joe Biden would ever be president…Times change…DeSantis might not have a shot now, but you never know which direction the winds will blow in the future…

I believe that Newsom said will not be potus in 2024

It did make me think so I didn’t really catch onto it and should have this debate about what will probably be presidential candidates in a future year they are both young

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

Meh…disagree…

Barry got a facial claiming Trump would never be President. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

Meh…disagree…

DeSaster is worse than Al Gore.

No one likes DeSaster.

I just don't see it.