Playoff Chances Across The NFL 2 Weeks In

corta765

We are two weeks in so some things have settled, some haven't, and the future is still very open. I am going to try and do this semi regularly because it is fun, as always agree, disagree, call me an idiot etc...

AFC

See You In January

Kansas City- The offense looks a bit more mortal finally, BUT the defense looks really good and apparently no one in that division has any interest in competing with them

Baltimore- Despite injuries they look very impressive and Lamar finally has some competent weapons which is a nice change.

Buffalo- Ships righted, stack some wins before the backhalf and when Von returns the D-line will be terrifying. Miami is a problem for the division though.

Miami- Playoff team who when Tua has time is the most fun offense in football. 2nd half showed the limitations a bit* to Tua once pressure develops and the precision passing is paused

Jacksonville- KC always brings the worst out of teams especially upstart contenders. Regardless their schedule is cakewalk and 12-5 could be the 1 seed

0-2, But Talent Right...Right!?

LA Chargers- Same thing new season and I am sure week 18 they will be 8-8 or 9-7 with a chance to get in via Tiebreaker or win and in... and who the heck knows from there

Cincy- Same as last year? Not so fast. Last year Burrow had an off opener but the offense the first two weeks was more dynamic. This calf isn't slowing and while he will play better the division isn't messing around this time.

Some Talent, Flawed One Way or Another, But One of Them Is Taking A Playoff Spot 

Cleveland- Up until Chubb went down I had the Browns marked for a playoff spot just simply because even if Watson is a game manager that running game was amazing. Now? who knows

Pittsburgh- Great defense, skill players ok, offense is circa 2009 Dick Jauron level bad. But Tomlins teams always finish near .500

Denver Broncos- They have already looked markedly better, but they just lost two winnable and needed chances at home. Better then their record but still feels like they finish 8-9 and say if only

Coaching Is There, Talent Isn't To Go The Distance

New England- Honestly their defense is pretty decent and then you watch the offense which at least has competent strategies and see they have no one who has any major blue chip talent. 0-2 already and lacking the guns for future matchups against KC/DAL/BUF/PHI/MIA

Tennessee- Vrabel gets a lot out of this bunch, but even in a lightweight division their not stacking up enough wins to make the dance even if it gets close for a bit.

NY Jets- Unless they get Jacoby Brissett or competent starter their going to where out regardless of how good the defense is and the good RBs they have that will get some points for them. Rodgers out is just such a killer for them.

Draft 24'

Indy- Richardson certainly his some skills and could be a real nice starter for them. 

Las Vegas- This team is wet noodle that will win 5 games and miss out on a top QB in the draft.

Houston- Stroud looks pretty decent, but they need to hope the rest of the lineup grows to and gets some Ws because they have no 1st round pick.

NFC

See You In January

Philadelphia- Offense will find its way a little more once Hurts is healed. Secondary might be a little suspect though.

San Fran- Most complete lineup outside of QB and Purdy is doing really well at that.

Dallas- Maybe its finally the boys year?

Should Make It...But

Detroit- Defense week 1 85 Bears, defense week 2? 85 Bills defense. This division is wide open they gotta prove they can do this before full faith is given.

Seattle- Offense is back in the groove and looks very dynamic. The defense may have some real issues if they can't tighten up plus the Rams might be a WC problem

Washington- Offense looks really nice as Howell is not acting like a 1st year esq starter, D line eats people, but the bar of competition has been low. BUF/PHI will be a real test that doesn't necessarily need Ws as much as showing you belong as the rest of the schedule has some very winnable matchups including 6 more at home.

Is The NFC South Sending Two Playoff Teams...60% Chance?

ATL- Might be the division favorites with their defense playing fine and the offense running through the stadium

Tampa Bay- Baker looks decent in a offense that is QB friendly and the defense is stout. Long season but 7-8 wins might do the trick, can they just stay .500 the rest of the way

NOLA- Offense should improve once Kamara is back as it looks weaker then the other two, but that defense is not weak

One of You Is Making It Despite Attempting Not To Or Being Very Young

Minnesota- The luck in one score games really shifted. For realz Kirk looks dare I say really good right now and the offense is going. Hang onto the ball with slightly better D and maybe they make up the deficit. 

LA Rams- Probably a year too early as the youth is finding its way, but the offense looks better with Stafford healthy and some good young players like Puka could make them really pluky.

Green Bay- Love is not awful and has had some really nice moments. Like the Rams maybe a year early but perhaps they can string enough wins to go 9-8 and sneak in.

Expectations Preseason Never Matched Reality, They Are Just Not Very Good

Chicago Bears- They remind me of the Bills in 2016 where two weeks in everything is burning down and there is not one quick fix. Difference is that Bills team at least had some talent/coaching at points whereas this Bears team still is a work in progress talent wise and the coaching is awful. Fields does not look good, but this is a team effort at atrocious play from top down.

New York Giants- Like the Vikings who had all the breaks in 22' the Giants are finding life without luck is tough. They are 1-1, but Barkley is hurt, Jones is still a lukewarm coffee at QB, and the defense has not started well. Daboll is legit as coach, but 6-11 7-10 step back looks very plausible. The one perk is maybe they can get a new rookie QB.

Draft 24

Arizona- Gannon looked shaky in preseason but at least two weeks in they are putting up a fight for 60 mins. Lets see what happens late in season when it doesn't matter and Williams could be the prize.

Carolina- Young is having growing pains and no one on that offense really moves the needle. The defense will help get them to 4-6 wins, but its a work in progress type year.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Nice job. 

No serious argument in the AFC, but I'd put Tennessee and the Jets ahead of Denver and Pittsburgh.  

The NFC is a total crapshoot after those top three and bottom three teams (IMO, Chicago belongs in the bottom group).  I think the Giants should be higher and Washington lower.  The Rams are all of a sudden a pretty interesting team, much to my surprise.  Will be fun to watch them against the Bengals on Monday.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, mannc said:

Nice job. 

No serious argument in the AFC, but I'd put Tennessee and the Jets ahead of Denver and Pittsburgh.  

The NFC is a total crapshoot after those top three and bottom three teams (IMO, Chicago belongs in the bottom group).  I think the Giants should be higher and Washington lower.  The Rams are all of a sudden a pretty interesting team, much to my surprise.  Will be fun to watch them against the Bengals on Monday.

Yea Jets I can understand that. It's why non bias wise if the Jets could actually trade for just a decent game manager like Brissett or something I think they can jump back in the race to some degree. Titans I just think are a team in transition but I always underrate them I think.

NFC haha yea if you said the playoffs were DAL SF ATL DET division winners and wild card PHI TB LA I wouldn't even bat an eye.

Edited by corta765

With the AFCN looking nowhere near as tough as expected, the Ravens have a pretty easy schedule. They will probably be favored in all but 2-3 of their remaining games. 

If they stay healthy, a big if for them, I think they take the 1 seed, just to lose to the Bills in the AFCCG.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, corta765 said:

Yea Jets I can understand that. It's why non bias wise if the Jets could actually trade for just a decent game manager like Brissett or something I think they can jump back in the race to some degree. Titans I just think are a team in transition but I always underrate them I think.

NFC haha yea if you said the playoffs were DAL SF ATL DET division winners and wild card DAL TB LA I wouldn't even bat an eye.

Who do you have winning the NFCE. Dallas or Philly? Right now, you have DAL as the division winner and WC.

42 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Who do you have winning the NFCE. Dallas or Philly? Right now, you have DAL as the division winner and WC.

My bad PHI. I think with their schedule being a little tougher and DAL looking the best they have in years they end up WC.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.