Update: All -22 stuff Joe Marino Locked on Bills, Now Cover 1 w/ play breakdowns

Reed83HOF

On 9/13/2023 at 6:38 PM, JayBaller10 said:

I think even the most ardent Bills homer would have to admit that wasn’t the play of a QB who had relentlessly studied the Jets defense from the two games last year. He looked unprepared and his line about preferring to react to what he’s seeing in game versus overdoing tape study rings louder after that sort of performance. 

I didn't rewatch the game but going from my memory I disagree.

To me he seemed just fine until he started to go deep from no reason at all, other than being bored as someone suggested. At some point, he was 17/21 or so and short game was working.

From some reason he started pushing it deep later in the game but he was prepared. He just decided not to get what he was given. Hopefully he learned a lesson (again).

My general comment (not directed to you) is that people still overreact way too much. He had a bad game from the mental point of view. He has them more often than we like. But he is still the man and I am fairly confident that he will show it later in the season. This rough start might be actually a goos thing.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, CincyBillsFan said:

This is why I'm fascinated to see how the season goes for Russell Wilson & the Broncos with Payton as coach. If Wilson returns to form and he had an ok start against the Raiders and Denver has a potent offense then you almost have confirmation that in today's NFL you must have an offensive minded head coach & GM.

Wilson was still pretty bad on Sunday. It was just check down. Check down. Check down. No vision.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Wilson was still pretty bad on Sunday. It was just check down. Check down. Check down. No vision.

Yeah he's done.  The Broncos are stuck with him for the next two years I believe where the dead cap isn't bad.

I wonder if going forward, you won't see teams giving up so much for a veteran QB.  It has to stick in the back of their mind, why that team is willing to trade that guy? Franchise QB's are so hard to come by.

11 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

So the argument goes from "McDermott is along for the ride we win because of Josh" 

To

"Why is Josh Allen not an all world Quarterback at the moment, it must be McDermott's fault"

Some people have already decided their answer and will bend every single piece of evidence to fit the narrative. 

Joe Marino is spot on. Monday was on Josh Allen. Nobody else.

respectfully disagree. That it was solely on Allen. percentage of blame may vary from perspective to perspective LOL

I have made my point about that already and so have you.
 Now ,

Lets move on to the Raiders.

Go Bills

• Disagree 1

5 hours ago, sunshynman said:

I think we saw the same problem in the Steelers preseason game. Josh doesn't trust the Oline to keep a pocket clean. He is afraid to stand in there and take the hit. He has been injured in the pocket, not on the run. The problem I see is that coaches are saying stay in, stop running. But until he trust the oline to give him a few seconds that is hard. And he tends to want to wait for the long route to get open. Problem is the outlets are there and we could march right down the field using them.

This is an under rated POV

And i agree fully.

Josh has gotten the crap beat out of him , because McBeanes could not address the O line proper.

Josh never learned how to move a pocket , step into one , when to quick release and when he could hold onto it for more than 3 seconds with out moving outside of the Tackles.

PTSD is real. And i sincerely have considered it happens to Josh over the last season into this one.
 So even if he has a better more predictable line , and how they break down. He cant trust them for that second or two. And who know what they are thinking Josh is going to do or be where

one two three throw. just make it simple for awhile please. From under center.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, sunshynman said:

I think we saw the same problem in the Steelers preseason game. Josh doesn't trust the Oline to keep a pocket clean. He is afraid to stand in there and take the hit. He has been injured in the pocket, not on the run. The problem I see is that coaches are saying stay in, stop running. But until he trust the oline to give him a few seconds that is hard. And he tends to want to wait for the long route to get open. Problem is the outlets are there and we could march right down the field using them.

This is for you, listen to the end...

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.