Biden Impeachment Inquiry: The Walls Be Closing.

BillsFanNC

3 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Well, yes. By calling it an "impeachment inquiry" the political purpose is now front and center.

Wow--hold on.  Chi presses you with a gentle nudge and you throw in the towel?

What about the smoke? You just said a congressional inquiry was warranted.  In the 6 minutes since then it's all political?

(Of course there are political elements to this.  That's the way it works.  It's like everyone suddenly becomes the Dali Lama when the focus of an investigation shifts.)

2 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Wow--hold on.  Chi presses you with a gentle nudge and you throw in the towel?

What about the smoke? You just said a congressional inquiry was warranted.  In the 6 minutes since then it's all political?

(Of course there are political elements to this.  That's the way it works.  It's like everyone suddenly becomes the Dali Lama when the focus of an investigation shifts.)

They were already having hearings. And that's what I thought was appropriate. Hunter was, of course, subpoenad to appear for those hearings, which are now, by the miracle of bs, transformed into an "impeachment inquiry," which is a new term as far as I can tell.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

They were already having hearings. And that's what I thought was appropriate. Hunter was, of course, subpoenad to appear for those hearings, which are now, by the miracle of bs, transformed into an "impeachment inquiry," which is a new term as far as I can tell.

So, you don't support an impeachment inquiry, but believe the evidence gathered so far suggests additional scrutiny into potential wrongdoing by Joe Biden?  But had Congress steered clear of any impeachment talk at this point, you were comfortable that it wasn't political (or overtly so)? 

Just trying to get a handle on the smoke. 

Just now, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

So, you don't support an impeachment inquiry, but believe the evidence gathered so far suggests additional scrutiny into potential wrongdoing by Joe Biden?  But had Congress steered clear of any impeachment talk at this point, you were comfortable that it wasn't political (or overtly so)? 

Just trying to get a handle on the smoke. 

What I'm saying is that the House Republicans did some kind of focus group thing and realized that associating "Biden" with the term "Impeachment" helped. So a regular old fashioned congressional hearing is now officially an "Impeachment Inquiry."

Go ahead and impeach him if you want. Then they can say both candidates have been impeached. I guess that's what they want, so just do it.

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

What I'm saying is that the House Republicans did some kind of focus group thing and realized that associating "Biden" with the term "Impeachment" helped. So a regular old fashioned congressional hearing is now officially an "Impeachment Inquiry."

Go ahead and impeach him if you want. Then they can say both candidates have been impeached. I guess that's what they want, so just do it.

I'm having trouble following you.  

We started with you supporting a/the inquiry, by congress. You suggested there was enough 'smoke' to support it.

You have been crystal clear on how you feel about anything associated with the I word.  I get that for sure. 

But now, you're on to this being an issue borne of a  "focus group"?  It would be silly to claim there is not a political aspect to the H & J Biden issue, of course there is.   I recognize it could all be political, but human nature suggests otherwise.

When you raised the issue of "smoke", it seemed you were saying reasonable people would reasonably support investigating the matter further because of evidence (or material if you prefer) brought to light thus far.  

• Like (+1) 1

We Are Well Beyond Hypocrisy

by Victor Davis Hanson

The abject narcissism of the insular Left is startling.

They apparently believe the American public is amnesiac enough to forget what leftists once did, now that they’re doing the utter opposite.

And they assume we are to discount their hypocrisy and self-absorption simply because they self-identify as erudite and moral and assume their opponents are irredeemable and deplorable.

The Left is saturating the airwaves with outrage over the current House Republicans’ impeachment inquiry. They allege that formally investigating Joe Biden’s role in the family grifting operation is somehow a poor constitutional precedent, if not out-of-bounds entirely.

https://amgreatness.com/2023/12/18/we-are-well-beyond-hypocrisy/

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

We Are Well Beyond Hypocrisy

by Victor Davis Hanson

The abject narcissism of the insular Left is startling.

They apparently believe the American public is amnesiac enough to forget what leftists once did, now that they’re doing the utter opposite.

And they assume we are to discount their hypocrisy and self-absorption simply because they self-identify as erudite and moral and assume their opponents are irredeemable and deplorable.

The Left is saturating the airwaves with outrage over the current House Republicans’ impeachment inquiry. They allege that formally investigating Joe Biden’s role in the family grifting operation is somehow a poor constitutional precedent, if not out-of-bounds entirely.

https://amgreatness.com/2023/12/18/we-are-well-beyond-hypocrisy/

The best response is just to laugh in their faces.

• Agree 1