Bernard, Torrence and Benford all officially starters

Process

1 minute ago, Slippery Rubber Mats said:

That frame of mind is cool and all, but he makes snap judgements on players like Bernard with zero data to back up what he's saying. Dude had played one game lol

For sure.  He loves to play “I told you so” and to play that game, you sometimes have to make snap judgements. 

I’m also guilty of giving my opinion on players before they play a game, or after only - handful of games.  

I didn’t think Bernard was a good pick and didn’t think he could hold up vs the run in the NFL.  He didn’t impress me in limited reps last season.  After a handful of games, I look to be incorrect.  And I’m very happy about that.  He’s been fun to watch the last 2 weeks.

I disliked the Elam pick.  I thought he was a 2nd rd prospect and knew that he’d need time to adjust to zone.  I was happy about his play last year and I haven’t given up on him yet.  I wish we’d dress him over Dane, but he doesn’t play STs, so I understand why he doesn’t dress.  Jury is out, but is trending towards bust than a good pick. G

I thought Spencer Browns suck could put a kink in our title hopes the last couple seasons.  I’ve been right about that to date….. but he’s shown some improvement this year.  Let’s hope the improvement continues.

I loved the Harty and Sherfield signings.  So far, Harty has done nothing and it doesn’t seem like we can get him open (or he can get open).  Maybe he needs that superdome turf to look super fast out there. He hasn’t looked nearly as fast in a bills uniform as he did in NO.  I look to be wrong about his signing (so far anyway).  Sherfield isn’t being used very much as a WR and I haven’t focused on him as a run blocker yet.  Tough to tell if he’ll be a nice piece come playoffs, but he might.  

I said the Leonard Floyd signing was our best offseason signing (not including the draft picks).  I was confidant that he’ll be a force…..and he is.

I was very vocal about Kincaid being a future star and Torrance being a quality starting RG for a long time.  Time will tell.  

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, NewEra said:

For sure.  He loves to play “I told you so” and to play that game, you sometimes have to make snap judgements. 

I’m also guilty of giving my opinion on players before they play a game, or after only - handful of games.  

I didn’t think Bernard was a good pick and didn’t think he could hold up vs the run in the NFL.  He didn’t impress me in limited reps last season.  After a handful of games, I look to be incorrect.  And I’m very happy about that.  He’s been fun to watch the last 2 weeks.

I disliked the Elam pick.  I thought he was a 2nd rd prospect and knew that he’d need time to adjust to zone.  I was happy about his play last year and I haven’t given up on him yet.  I wish we’d dress him over Dane, but he doesn’t play STs, so I understand why he doesn’t dress.  Jury is out, but is trending towards bust than a good pick. G

I thought Spencer Browns suck could put a kink in our title hopes the last couple seasons.  I’ve been right about that to date….. but he’s shown some improvement this year.  Let’s hope the improvement continues.

I loved the Harty and Sherfield signings.  So far, Harty has done nothing and it doesn’t seem like we can get him open (or he can get open).  Maybe he needs that superdome turf to look super fast out there. He hasn’t looked nearly as fast in a bills uniform as he did in NO.  I look to be wrong about his signing (so far anyway).  Sherfield isn’t being used very much as a WR and I haven’t focused on him as a run blocker yet.  Tough to tell if he’ll be a nice piece come playoffs, but he might.  

I said the Leonard Floyd signing was our best offseason signing (not including the draft picks).  I was confidant that he’ll be a force…..and he is.

I was very vocal about Kincaid being a future star and Torrance being a quality starting RG for a long time.  Time will tell.  

And now I'm gonna win our bet, and lose 10x the money in fantasy because I drafted him after you changed my mind.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Easy one was the 4th and 1 call. But there were terrible on early downs yesterday.

Lol….my bad.  Thought you were talking about Kincaid being an idiot.  

yeah I agree.  He’s made some really bone headed play calls in key situations.  The 3rd and 12 screen to Diggs too….. 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, NewEra said:

yeah I agree.  He’s made some really bone headed play calls in key situations.  The 3rd and 12 screen to Diggs too….. 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

Yes. That screen to Diggs was awful. I have defended Dorsey but yesterday was dreadful.

7 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Ahh I forgot about the 3rd and 12. 

Brutal game by Dorsey yesterday. We'll need better this week. 

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

That reminded me of one of those "Gold Rip" audibles that Allen used to call to John Brown under Daboll all the time...except those used to go for like 20+ yards most times

2 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Time has a tendency to march on and change perspective. It really wasn't that long ago that a few very wise and sensible posters here would have passed on Torrence all together because they were skeptical about his fit here.

Yea but there is projection in that. No projection was needed to know Bates wasn't starter material for a team aiming to compete.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.