Tommy Sweeney has "Medical Event" at Practice

BuffaloBillyG

8 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Not a ton known at this time. Was reported to be working off to the side when he suddenly needed medical attention. Pretty scary for a guy that has had heart issues in the past. Prayers up for Tommy.

In this case it might be good that he signed with the Giants with Daboll and Shoen there.  We know it would have been ignored on some teams.  Miami comes to mind.

Edited by AuntieEm
  • Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, AuntieEm said:

In this case it might be good that he signed with the Giants with Daboll and Shoen there.  We know it would have been ignored on some teams.  

I would think the opposite because of the Hamlin incident. That was probably a wakeup call for all teams in sports not just the NFL to be as well prepared as possible. You hope something serious like that never happens again, but they have to be prepared as best as they can.

• Agree 3

12 minutes ago, Gregg said:

I would think the opposite because of the Hamlin incident. That was probably a wakeup call for all teams in sports not just the NFL to be as well prepared as possible. You hope something serious like that never happens again, but they have to be prepared as best as they can.

You would hope, but then you and I are Buffalo fans so I'm guessing you are from Buffalo area.   As such unless you prove otherwise you are automatically assumed by any Bills Mafia to have utmost respect for players health and well bring outside of his athletic contributions to the teams success.  Miami certainly shows  a disregard for player health with the heat issues on visiting sidelines. And keeping Tua in game after obvious concussion.  Hamlin incident did bring safety to the forefront, it's hard to judge how long before other news distracts from importance ofsafety.  .

Edited by AuntieEm

21 minutes ago, wppete said:

Wow that’s awful. Hope he is ok. Does he have an injury history? 

13 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

He got diagnosed with myocarditis when Covid first hit.  Prayers for him.

7 minutes ago, AuntieEm said:

He got covid and got some heart condition from it one of the known side effects covid can leave in otherwise healthy young people that get covid.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30374985/buffalo-bills-tommy-sweeney-diagnosed-heart-condition

Missed a whole season due to the myocarditis. 

Just now, wppete said:

Hope the young man is ok. 🙏 

Indeed curious if he had some shortness of breath or if he wears one of those bra that monitor heart rate and something triggered off that to make them aware.  Either case I'm glad it's daboll as coach as he's a players coach in that regard.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.