Well that was an absolute crap fest - PostGame thread

Einstein

25 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

So the example you choose to die on a hill is a 2nd and 24? You realize if he takes the 7 yard in cut there it is now 3rd and 15 at best, AKA 3rd and long? And then on the next play he would have to stand a few seconds in the pocket to deliver a long strike?

Seems clear to me that you got stuck in the weeds trying to criticize a play that you have no business criticizing and now you're trying to BS your way out of it. If you want to make a point that Allen and the offense need to take easier throws sometimes, have at it. But you chose a bizarre example to make your point on.

Definitely don't mention that the Bills offense in 2022 was first in the league at converting on third down

• Like (+1) 1

Coming in late.  Just got back from vacation.  Watched the Steelers game from the dvr.  Figured this was the thread for my biggest takeaway.  I shut the game off in the 3rd.  13 penalties in just a hair over 2 quarters (if I counted right).  I don't care what athletes you are putting on the field you are going to have a hard time beating even mediocre teams if you can't get your crap together.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/19/2023 at 10:02 PM, Big Blitz said:

And this is really unacceptable frankly. 

This was as great a spot as any to match a hungry home team’s energy and also their last chance to make a statement before the opener.  

The Jets are going to be flying up and down the sidelines on Monday night and we’re going to be giving that collective blank stare.  

What statement would that be...  we care about meaningless games and will risk injury to win the preseason?  You probably thought Rex and winning the offseason was a great accompĺishment.

On 8/21/2023 at 11:57 AM, newcam2012 said:

Well stated!

Indeed it was.  We won't ever see perfection in this world.  Mankind has too many ugly faults and if you ďo believe there in God then we can only hope we did enough in our time here that we shall witness pure perfection.  

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

There was a rumour that week that Pittsburgh had gameplanned for the Bills. After I am inclined to believe it. 

It's certainly possible.

But I think they might have just got steamrolled by the most complete team in the NFL.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.