What are your feelings on QAnon?

What are your feelings on Q'Anon?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Stand up and be counted

• I'm a true believer
    • I believe some of what they say
    • They are a ridiculous group of conspiracy theorists living in an alternate reality

6 minutes ago, Irv said:

It's fake news.  Doesn't exist.  

Why do you lie so often?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/aug/16/qanon-conspiracy-theory-sound-of-freedom-trump-desantis

It turned out to be a remarkably successful formula; in the days before the 2020 election, a Yahoo News/YouGov poll found that fully half of Trump’s supporters believed that top Democrats were “involved in an elite child sex trafficking ring” and that Trump was working to “dismantle” that same Democrat-led conspiracy. And despite the ludicrous and defamatory nature of the conspiracy theory, Trump seemed to embrace it; during a town hall event in October of 2020, NBC’s Savannah Guthrie repeatedly offered him a chance to denounce the movement and Trump refused.

Even as many conspiracists shifted the narrative to stolen elections and the Covid-19 pandemic, the belief persisted. A February 2022 poll found that even though it had been over a year since Q had communicated, the number of believers in the conspiracy was holding steady at 16% of Americans – which is over 40 million people. The poll found that the best predictor of QAnon beliefs came from which news source an individual trusted most – those who trusted far-right sources, including One America News and Newsmax (and, to a lesser extent, Fox News) were far more likely to believe in QAnon than others. Two sitting members of the House of Representatives – Marjorie Taylor Greene and Lauren Boebert – posted QAnon content to their social media accounts before being elected.

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Eyeroll 2

Z is the most infrequently used letter of the alphabet, Q is second.  Yet, Q precedes Z, and while Z is extraordinarily efficient (line line line), Q is artistic (ringlet with line pointing to center) and never ending.  There’s something here, of this much I am certain.  

Keep your head on a swivel. Never sit in a well-lit room in the heavy darkness of night without the shades drawn tight.  Think people, not systems. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

I don’t know what it is but I DO know adherents are exactly like nazis. They are lurking around every corner and are very, very scary. Be careful out on those hiking trails! I don’t know how people sleep at night.

this way you better be very careful on the hiking trails. there is a group of "naked Hikers" that frequent the gorge trails that are all around the finger lakes.   Now I'm wondering if "Naked Hikers" was code for Nazis.

• Like (+1) 1

They’re an extremely small group of conspiracy theorists with zero actual influence on the country. The left has hyper fixated on them so they can be used as strawmen to represent anyone who is even moderately conservative.

Edited by gobills404
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

18 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

They’re an extremely small group of conspiracy theorists with zero actual influence on the country. The left has hyper fixated on them so they can be used as strawmen to represent anyone who is even moderately conservative.

16% of the population is extremely small?  that's what the poll I cited showed.  you have other data?

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Westside said:

I believe it’s a figment of radical leftist mind.  Hoax.

Aren’t you the guy who trembled at the mention of the Antifa Air Force? 

40 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

the best and brightest of the 
MAGA's!

In the land of the blind …

• Like (+1) 1