Man in Utah shot and killed today for threatening the president

6 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Well, I’m kind of wanting to see it now to

The FBI doesn’t going around making a habit of shooting men just because they open their door

These days, I'm not so sure...

• Agree 1

Well they finally have said something.

FTA:

On Monday, the FBI released a statement regarding the incident, confirming that Robertson pointed a revolver at agents prior to the shooting. 

The FBI continues to review an agent-involved shooting, which occurred around 6:15 a.m. on Wednesday, August 9, 2023, in Provo, Utah. The incident began when special agents attempted to serve arrest and search warrants on 75-year-old Craig Deeleuw Robertson at his home for threats to elected officials and law enforcement officers. Robertson resisted arrest and as agents attempted to take him into custody, he pointed a .357 revolver at them. The FBI takes all shooting incidents involving our agents or task force officers seriously. In accordance with FBI policy, the shooting incident is under review by the FBI’s Inspection Division. 

While neighbors took video of the raid, it is unclear if there is bodycam footage of it from the agents involved. 

According to a July 2022 policy notice, special agents or task force officers must “make reasonable efforts to wear and activate their (body worn cameras) for the purpose of recording their actions during FBI pre-planned arrests and searches.”

https://redstate.com/smoosieq/2023/08/15/fbi-provo-man-shot-and-killed-in-early-morning-raid-pointed-gun-at-agents-n2162682

Reports on this suspect say that the FBI had been monitoring him for months.

This begs the question, why stage a 4 am commando raid when they could have picked him up in the daytime?

Breaking in “home invasion” style is guaranteed to provoke a defensive reaction.

The FBI seems to have developed a taste for showy commando raids, instead of handling arrests in a peaceful manner.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

Well they finally have said something.

FTA:

On Monday, the FBI released a statement regarding the incident, confirming that Robertson pointed a revolver at agents prior to the shooting. 

The FBI continues to review an agent-involved shooting, which occurred around 6:15 a.m. on Wednesday, August 9, 2023, in Provo, Utah. The incident began when special agents attempted to serve arrest and search warrants on 75-year-old Craig Deeleuw Robertson at his home for threats to elected officials and law enforcement officers. Robertson resisted arrest and as agents attempted to take him into custody, he pointed a .357 revolver at them. The FBI takes all shooting incidents involving our agents or task force officers seriously. In accordance with FBI policy, the shooting incident is under review by the FBI’s Inspection Division. 

While neighbors took video of the raid, it is unclear if there is bodycam footage of it from the agents involved. 

According to a July 2022 policy notice, special agents or task force officers must “make reasonable efforts to wear and activate their (body worn cameras) for the purpose of recording their actions during FBI pre-planned arrests and searches.”

https://redstate.com/smoosieq/2023/08/15/fbi-provo-man-shot-and-killed-in-early-morning-raid-pointed-gun-at-agents-n2162682

Reports on this suspect say that the FBI had been monitoring him for months.

This begs the question, why stage a 4 am commando raid when they could have picked him up in the daytime?

Breaking in “home invasion” style is guaranteed to provoke a defensive reaction.

The FBI seems to have developed a taste for showy commando raids, instead of handling arrests in a peaceful manner.

You point a gun at the FBI you’re gonna ***** find out that’s all you really need to know

Just now, John from Riverside said:

You point a gun at the FBI you’re gonna ***** find out that’s all you really need to know

Fair point and that is as it should be, however you would agree that the FBI had a less confrontational option available to them then a pre dawn raid on an elderly, somewhat disabled guy. Amirite?

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, wnyguy said:

Fair point and that is as it should be, however you would agree that the FBI had a less confrontational option available to them then a pre dawn raid on an elderly, somewhat disabled guy. Amirite?

I am an elderly, somewhat disabled guy myself, and if the FBI comes to my door, I’m just gonna answer it

I don’t have a lot of sympathy for him If you don’t want the FBI knocking on your door, don’t make death threats against the president.

• Haha (+1) 1

This is another example of the Dems attempting to establish one party rule.  No different than Lenin or Jong-Un sentencing a political rival to death.  The Dems didn't like his internet posts and the order was made to execute him.  What a mess.   

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Keep repeating the same narrative. 

The FBI question hundreds of people a day, they had been following him for months ( per them) they chose to make it confrontational. 

The fact that you can’t bring yourself to admit that says so much. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, B-Man said:

The FBI question hundreds of people a day, they had been following him for months ( per them) they chose to make it confrontational. 

Who gave the FBI a heads up?

Who kept on egging the FBI on?

Did the guy comply?

Yes or No.

You won't miss an opportunity to distract from Indictment Season.

image.png.0858885b597c4d06a52868860739e67e.png

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, BillStime said:

And  then there is BillStime, in his nightly manic phase,  misreading what was said 

as predictable as can be. 

You can go back to your nightly pulling of all of your old threads off the back pages ( since no one else here cares about them)

Don’t forget to give this post your famous (insecure) laughing emoji 

Edited by B-Man
  • Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, B-Man said:

And  then there is BillStime, in his nightly manic phase,  misreading what was said 

as predictable as can be. 

You can go back to your nightly pulling of all of your old threads off the back pages ( since no one else here cares about them)

Don’t forget to give this post your famous (insecure) laughing emoji 

These guys feel empowered right now, they're all chest thumping and strutin around. 

Until the euphoria wears off 

And they realize, they have to live in joe Biden America 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Why do I get the feeling that had the FBI not done their job and this guy with a sniper rifle did go and take a shot at the president. You would be totally OK with that.

You ***** right wingers I swear to God your loyalties are so misplaced

• Eyeroll 1

57 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Why do I get the feeling that had the FBI not done their job and this guy with a sniper rifle did go and take a shot at the president. You would be totally OK with that.

Uh huh, what else do you believe? The vast majority of people on here support the FBI interviewing the guy. You are the person supporting murder for bad jokes.

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

lol what a statement. 

i know based on our interactions you’re not a very bright person so I’ll try and explain like a 3 year old. 

the fbi has an unlimited budget especially when it comes to threats to the president which I assume they do in conjunction with the secret service. 

they should have access to this guys phones, gun records etc. meaning they knew his daily movements as most people especially disabled older people who usually keep the same routine. They had already interviewed him so apparently they were able to arrange that without incident in the past. 

so when they planned the raid and decided this course of action they chose to put themselves in the most possible danger. Makes total sense.  Probably could have called him pretending to be Donald trump and to meet him for lunch and he would have shown up unarmed and just gotten arrested lol. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

lol what a statement. 

i know based on our interactions you’re not a very bright person so I’ll try and explain like a 3 year old. 

the fbi has an unlimited budget especially when it comes to threats to the president which I assume they do in conjunction with the secret service. 

they should have access to this guys phones, gun records etc. meaning they knew his daily movements as most people especially disabled older people who usually keep the same routine. They had already interviewed him so apparently they were able to arrange that without incident in the past

so when they planned the raid and decided this course of action they chose to put themselves in the most possible danger. Makes total sense.  Probably could have called him pretending to be Donald trump and to meet him for lunch and he would have shown up unarmed and just gotten arrested lol.

I didn't know that part.  That's bad.

3 hours ago, TSOL said:

These guys feel empowered right now, they're all chest thumping and strutin around. 

Until the euphoria wears off 

And they realize, they have to live in joe Biden America 

It was certainly better than Trump America

10 minutes ago, Doc said:

I didn't know that part.  That's bad.

What’s bad that they had already interviewed him and determined him to be a threat this doesn’t help his case. This doesn’t strengthen it at all.

Let’s bring this down to brass tacks if you point a gun at the FBI agent you’re likely to get shot

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

It was certainly better than Trump America

What’s bad that they had already interviewed him and determined him to be a threat this doesn’t help his case. This doesn’t strengthen it at all.

Let’s bring this down to brass tacks if you point a gun at the FBI agent you’re likely to get shot

nobody has said if you point a gun at the fbi you’re not gonna get shot. Literally nobody has said that. But perhaps there’s a situation where he couldn’t pull a gun? Imagine that. But you won’t cause you’re just ignorant 

Just now, aristocrat said:

nobody has said if you point a gun at the fbi you’re not gonna get shot. Literally nobody has said that. But perhaps there’s a situation where he couldn’t pull a gun? Imagine that. But you won’t cause you’re just ignorant 

Once again, Mr. ignorant

He pulled a gun on FBI agents

He got shot

End of story

5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Once again, Mr. ignorant

He pulled a gun on FBI agents

He got shot

End of story

I know you’ve claimed to be in the military so I’d imagine you learned something about tactics.  Do you think other tactics could have been used?

• Like (+1) 1