Takeo Spikes Alternate Jersey

enoff

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like I'm in the minority, as I don't really like the throwbacks at all, nor do I like the white helmet with the standing Buffalo. Maybe it's because I'm younger and we all just like what we first saw (for me, the red/white/blue uniforms of the late 80s). The white helmets are just... Boring. :lol:

CW

With the white helmet and original logo, those are freaking awesome. I love em' and my wallet will take a big hit. For you purists, the Bills had a gray facemask in 1965, but what the heck, they still look incredible. I wonder if the players will wear black spikes? Mr. Wilson wants more revenue, well he got it with these throwbacks.

I think it's great that the Bills are honoring the 1965 team with the throwback jerseys. There's nothing better than an organization recognizing the long-standing ties it has with its community. I've already alerted my wife that I'll be purchasing the throwback this weekend, and I hope I can buy an authentic one instead of the replica one.

But I guess I'm not on board with the standing buffalo logo crew. I'm going to get a kick out of seeing it opening day, but after that, I really perfer the charging buffalo.

Remember why they made the switch in the first place? They had OJ and were moving into Rich, and wanted a more dynamic representation of the team than a bison standing around like it was about to take a dump. And the standing buffalo doesn't even have horns, which in my opinion, is the bison's best feature.

The white helmet doesn't excite me either. In the 70's, all five AFC East teams had white helmets. The white helmet back then was like the black hockey jersey is today: overplayed.

Anyway, in the end I really don't care what they're wearing, I just want them to win.

Does anyone know if there will be a patch or something on the front of the jersey? At least something to honor the 1965 team that the jersey is representing?!? Otherwise it's a plain blue throwback jersey from any anonymous team. I hope there is something to identify it as a Buffalo Bills jersey when we out-of-staters where it proudly outside of WNY!

Does anyone know if there will be a patch or something on the front of the jersey?  At least something to honor the 1965 team that the jersey is representing?!?  Otherwise it's a plain blue throwback jersey from any anonymous team.  I hope there is something to identify it as a Buffalo Bills jersey when we out-of-staters where it proudly outside of WNY!

349608[/snapback]

I'll wear mine proudly - will promptly give the bird to anyone asking why I am wearing a Giants jersey

The penis Buffalo returns!  I know, I know...its not a penis, but that little bump is still always amusing to me.

I'm far too young to remember those days, but methinks these throwbacks are going to look damn good on our players.

349941[/snapback]

I like the fact that we have a logo with a penis in it. If you've got it, flaunt it.

Meanwhile, there isn't even one Dolphins player with a penis.

Anybody hear if there will be customized jerseys available, either through the Bills or NFL Shop? 

I wouldn't mind a Kemp, Lamonica, or Cookie version.

349475[/snapback]

Yes.

I feel like I'm in the minority, as I don't really like the throwbacks at all, nor do I like the white helmet with the standing Buffalo.  Maybe it's because I'm younger and we all just like what we first saw (for me, the red/white/blue uniforms of the late 80s).  The white helmets are just... Boring. :doh:

CW

349423[/snapback]

The white helmets are boring but you LIKE Drew Bledsoe? Holy need for vision transplant, Batman.

UPDATE: Breaking News from WGRZ.com (as reported on KFFL).......

Channel 2 Has Sneak Peek of New Bills Third Jersey

Posted by:  Jeff Yakawiak, Sports Producer 

Created: 6/2/2005 4:49:34 PM

Updated: 6/2/2005 5:58:49 PM

The Buffalo Bills will begin their Celebration of Champions Weekend at Ralph Wilson Stadium.

One of the most anticipated events will be the unveiling of a third jersey.

Channel 2 Sports had a sneak peek.

The third jersey is a throwback of the past. The jersey resembles the 1964 AFL Championship team.

The prominent color of the jersey is blue with white and red trim on the sleeves.

This sounds strangely familiar. Anyone else hear anything about this?

:doh:

I am still curious how the sleeves will look on the Authentics... if there is the elastic, how much of the bottom set of stripes will be cut off?

349944[/snapback]

I have a feeling that on players they'll look like the Lions unis do now with the stripes covering the lower part of the shoulder pads.