Takeo Spikes Alternate Jersey

enoff

I think it's great that they are coming out with throwback unis, but to hide exact copies of the 1965 unis in secrecy and have a whole show based around it is a little um......lame.

I'll definately be getting one, but I can't really understand all the hype over exact replicas of the 1965 unis.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Those are AWESOME!!!!! Nice Job Bills!!! Now, bring them back as permanent and we're talking.

BTW - Since we are wearing them twice this year, vs. Hous and @ SD, I expect a road throwback is coming out as well.

Most(all) players cut their sleeves and tape them to their shoulder pads. If the Bills put the numbers on the sleeves like the original, the players would cut off the stripes. :D

348877[/snapback]

What are you saying here?!? The Bills 2005 modern jersey has the numbers on the sleeves not the shoulders. Buffalo is one of a small handful of teams that still puts the numbers on the sleeves instead of the shoulder pads. This is because Bills management refuses to put a Bills logo on the sleeves...prefering the old school look of numbers. Kind of ironic that the old uni's have them on the shoulders!

I think it's great that they are coming out with throwback unis, but to hide exact copies of the 1965 unis in secrecy and have a whole show based around it is a little um......lame.

I'll definately be getting one, but I can't really understand all the hype over exact replicas of the 1965 unis.

348943[/snapback]

The unveiling creates hype, hype creates sales

:D

I have a feeling that we'll be seeing just as many, if not more, of these jerseys in the stadium by the end of the season than the regular ones. I for one will be buying a Losman, and a McGahee for my dad.

I think the road ones are better than that home ones.

I agree with you. But, I'll still buy Willis home & away. Its the cane fan in me. I always loved him in college, but refused to buy the awful Bills jersey. Now I can!!

What are you saying here?!?  The Bills 2005 modern jersey has the numbers on the sleeves not the shoulders.  Buffalo is one of a small handful of teams that still puts the numbers on the sleeves instead of the shoulder pads.  This is because Bills management refuses to put a Bills logo on the sleeves...prefering the old school look of numbers. Kind of ironic that the old uni's have them on the shoulders!

348952[/snapback]

When you look at the modern jerseys being worn on the field, you rarely see the stripes below the numbers on the sleeve. That is because the players cut or curl the sleeve under their shoulder pad.

My point is simple: Management wants people to see the stripes on the sleeve of "the throwback jersey", so they put the numbers on the shoulder. :D

Some neon sign company needs to make that pennant into a bar sign. That'd be SWEET.

Amen to that. Although, you could probably take it to a neon company and they'd make it for you. It would cost you big bucks tho.

I just got the Bills-Labatts Blue neon I've been looking for for years for my home bar. It s in a place of honor right behind the bar. Its terrific.

Probably time for BILLS' fans to unite! Economies of scale, baby!

You know, thats not a bad idea. If they made several, it would work. The only thing is, a place would probably do one for an individual no problem, but if they were making 30-40, they'd have licensing issues, which they'd still have with one, but less likely to get caught.

The trick is finding one that would take the risk.

But if you are looking, this one is pretty cool...simple, but cool...

http://www.neoncentral.com/inventory.jsp?number=G6100NC

You know, thats not a bad idea.  If they made several, it would work.  The only thing is, a place would probably do one for an individual no problem, but if they were making 30-40, they'd have licensing issues, which they'd still have with one, but less likely to get caught.

The trick is finding one that would take the risk.

But if you are looking, this one is pretty cool...simple, but cool...

http://www.neoncentral.com/inventory.jsp?number=G6100NC

348989[/snapback]

I've been looking at that one for a while. Tough to get the spousal unit to let me design a house around my bar, though. Someday!

I've been looking at that one for a while.  Tough to get the spousal unit to let me design a house around my bar, though.  Someday!

349033[/snapback]

Did anyone save a pic of the throwback uni's before they were taken off of the bills website? If someone could direct me towards a pic of the throwbacks it would be much appreciated. Thanks

--tornado

Did anyone save a pic of the throwback uni's before they were taken off of the bills website?  If someone could direct me towards a pic of the throwbacks it would be much appreciated.  Thanks

--tornado

349041[/snapback]

Look in Guffalo's profile.

Did anyone save a pic of the throwback uni's before they were taken off of the bills website?  If someone could direct me towards a pic of the throwbacks it would be much appreciated.  Thanks

--tornado

349041[/snapback]

Read the thread

I've been looking at that one for a while.  Tough to get the spousal unit to let me design a house around my bar, though.  Someday!

349033[/snapback]

Get a new spousal unit,

Actually, my wife bought me that one for our den, it looks great! she knows that I don't spend anything on any other vices (besides beer) so she allows 1 room of the house to be Bill-centric.