Bills named team with most “expectations” on them in 2023

BillsFan619

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Atta boy.

Nobody is agreeing with you.  You are comparing the Chargers, with a Coach and QB who have gotten to one playoff game--and lost--with a Coach and QB that has reached the playoffs 4 of the 5 seasons, twice to the Divisional, one of  which they lost infamously, but is considered one of the best games in league history.  The Chargers have achieved nothing.  Anyone who has seen any one of their games likely remembers nothing about it. Yet you insist that "there are many  similarities between these two teams". 

By all means, be very proud of that absolutely ridiculous take.  It suits you.

Let's paint the correct picture here. Here's what I've said: 

Both teams can't win when it counts. ✔

Both teams can't beat KC in the big game. ✔

Both teams have a reputation that they choke in the big game. ✔

Both teams have top tier QBs who have fallen short repeatedly. ✔

Both teams have coaches that have choked away a playoff game. ✔

Both fan bases have been disappointed in recent years. ✔

Nowhere in hell did I imply the Bills have not achieved more or are not a better franchise. Yet, you are seemingly "hell bent" in trying to imply I did. I didn't!!!

Like I said previously, the comparasion is more about how the two organizations can't get it done.

Sure there are vast levels of achievement. There's a given. I'd be foolish to counter the obvious. 

In concluding, I feel like you have taken what I said out of context. You have taken it to another level. You have looked at it from a macro point of view vs a micro. It is what it is. Perhaps we are splitting hairs and or perhaps I'm wrong. 

If you reread my post my similarities don't seem to be inaccurate. In fact, you  responded to only one point of contention.  Then you took off to another level. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

There are similarities. I never implied that the Bills aren't a better franchise or haven't accomplished more. I'd be a fool to take that stance. 

Only in your mind.

• Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

exactly.  enjoy the ride people.  I sure am.  

Elite teams go to Super Bowls. Elite teams win Super Bowls. Until then, the Bills aren't an elite team. 

They are a very good team which many fans are very satisfied with. 

Clearly, it's infinitely better than the past and far more enjoyable. That is worth something.

16 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Elite teams go to Super Bowls. Elite teams win Super Bowls. Until then, the Bills aren't an elite team. 

They are a very good team which many fans are very satisfied with. 

Clearly, it's infinitely better than the past and far more enjoyable. That is worth something.

I’m not satisfied. I want to win a Super Bowl.

I’ve been working the jugs machine just in case the Bills need another WR who runs a 6.9 49. I also email the FO with sleeper FA’s and draft recommendations.

besides that, what else can I do?

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

I’m not satisfied. I want to win a Super Bowl.

I’ve been working the jugs machine just in case the Bills need another WR who runs a 6.9 49. I also email the FO with sleeper FA’s and draft recommendations.

besides that, what else can I do?

OMG. This is hilarious. Thanks for the good laugh. 😄😄😄

14 hours ago, NUT said:

This season will prove to Bills fans McDermott is not the answer at HC.

Or, it will prove the naysayers wrong.  McD has taken on a much bigger role than what is being discussed in the media (not here obv, we love to chat about this ish!) having his DC leave to take over the D with the moves we have made is him jumping in front to put his stamp on the team.

if we fall short of the afc chip game, i think there is some hard times ahead at OBD.  if we make the super blow and lose, i really don't know, if we win it all, then it's fandemonium.

16 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

exactly.  enjoy the ride people.  I sure am.  

There is no team circling the Bills as a W which used to be common practice.  Poor Bill B.  He doesn’t start the season with 2 wins in his pocket.  

On 6/24/2023 at 10:47 PM, BillsFan619 said:

“The Buffalo Bills were named the team in the NFL with the ‘greatest burden of expectation’ on them heading into the NFL 2023 season.

But 2023 could be a sweet spot for Sean McDermott’s team. The Bills have played their best when being the perceived underdog.“

Full Article -https://www.yahoo.com/sports/bills-named-team-most-expectations-191519391.html

I'd think Baltimore has bigger ones with the new deal Lamar got, that added OBJ oh and a new OC etc. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.