NFL Head Coaches who also were their teams defensive play callers:

Chaos

On 6/19/2023 at 8:19 PM, Nextmanup said:

Here's the thing: most people here are sheep and worship anyone currently associated with the team like a god.

Then, when a certain person leaves the team, they usually make fun of that person and sneer about how bad they were.

I don't get it either.

Kiko Alonso, to name one of dozens, went from highly regarded fanboy player to the butt of jokes here in about 48 hours when we traded him off the team.

Rex is another great example.  

Look below you will currently find 4 of the people you speak of.

5 hours ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

You cherry picked your examples.  

No, I picked the only examples I could find. I did not find that Belichek did that for 3 of his many coaching seasons. I assume he stopped doing it because he thought there were better options though. He can certainly be included as an example, but I am not sure it demontrates that this relatively novel concept is consistent with success. 

2 hours ago, Chaos said:

No, I picked the only examples I could find. I did not find that Belichek did that for 3 of his many coaching seasons. I assume he stopped doing it because he thought there were better options though. He can certainly be included as an example, but I am not sure it demontrates that this relatively novel concept is consistent with success. 

So you state:

1) Belichick is one of the greatest coaches of all time

2) Belichick called his own defensive plays in 3 seasons (two of which he won 12 and 13 games, and went to a Super Bowl in one of them)

3) This fact is irrelevant to your post, which picks a few other coaches who called their own plays, but ignores Belichick, to make the veiled point that McD will fail like those other coaches. 

OK, whatever, dude. 

Edited by Bob Chandler's Hands

On 6/22/2023 at 5:22 PM, Chaos said:

Duh.....derp! You somehow didn't think of the guy who terrorized your team for two decades and is considered one of, if not the greatest coach of all time. You somehow didn't know he's a defensive coach who's called his own plays.

You should take a break from posting for a while.

On 6/19/2023 at 8:12 PM, stinky finger said:

I dug a little deeper. None of these asshats has a Stanley Cup either.

And yet I recall a Chinese mag that had the Buffalo Bills as Stanley Cup Champions. No joke too, ha ha. Quality journalism right there.

• Shocked 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.