New stadium official groundbreaking - Monday morning (6/5/2023)

Draconator

On 6/20/2023 at 1:52 PM, SoCal Deek said:

Hey Western New Yorkers! Anyone been by the new stadium site recently? Is anything happening out there? Parking lot asphalt removal? 

I was there about a week ago. It’s all been plowed up into mounds on the north and west ends. There’s a large ditch in the middle of it. I had someone post pics about 2 weeks ago and since then it’s gotten more work. I could probably take a ride out there in the next week or so for more pics 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

47 minutes ago, mrags said:

I was there about a week ago. It’s all been plowed up into mounds on the north and west ends. There’s a large ditch in the middle of it. I had someone post pics about 2 weeks ago and since then it’s gotten more work. I could probably take a ride out there in the next week or so for more pics 

Curious when the first parts of the structure will be up.  

38 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Curious when the first parts of the structure will be up.  

I think they said not for about a year from now. Like expect next spring to be when they actually get steel in the ground. Think they said a smaller access building needed to be built first. For storage and for an operations center of some sorts. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

LOL.

That is actually pretty funny.

I wonder , if this really happened, if anyone was stupid enough to buy the dirt. 

Apparently you never heard of the "gamer girl bath water" trend.  There are plenty of stupid enough people.

Edited by The Wiz

1 minute ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I should be careful what i writel.  I have a key chain with part of the Bills old astro turf encased in plastic 

I have an 8x11 picture frame with a piece of it as well.  I didn't buy it but I wanted it when my grandfather passed.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, mrags said:

I think they said not for about a year from now. Like expect next spring to be when they actually get steel in the ground. Think they said a smaller access building needed to be built first. For storage and for an operations center of some sorts. 

Correct. There’s a ton of work that has to happen before anything starts coming out of the ground. Deep utility lines go in first (sewer, storm drain, etc) and then foundations are formed/poured after that. If I recall, the field level in the new stadium is still below grade so there’s a lot of earth to be removed (thus the blasting into bedrock) and retaining walls to be poured. All of that happens long before any steel is erected. 

8 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Correct. There’s a ton of work that has to happen before anything starts coming out of the ground. Deep utility lines go in first (sewer, storm drain, etc) and then foundations are formed/poured after that. If I recall, the field level in the new stadium is still below grade so there’s a lot of earth to be removed (thus the blasting into bedrock) and retaining walls to be poured. All of that happens long before any steel is erected. 

When I drove by over a week ago there was a large semi circle ditch/trench. A fairly large tractor was in it and barely reached the top. Utility lines, storm drains, retaining wall all seemed possible. Eventually I’ll get over there with a drone to see everything. But the pics is all I have for now. @Draconator got the pics and posted them in one of the threads if I remember. 

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, mrags said:

When I drove by over a week ago there was a large semi circle ditch/trench. A fairly large tractor was in it and barely reached the top. Utility lines, storm drains, retaining wall all seemed possible. Eventually I’ll get over there with a drone to see everything. But the pics is all I have for now. @Draconator got the pics and posted them in one of the threads if I remember. 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1slFkG1Tgt1z6Sr5_PsRrflmzreYclzkI?usp=sharing

19 minutes ago, Draconator said:

Thanks again @Draconator

The ditch I was talking about is clearly visible in image 12. And if you zoom in closely to the silver suv just to the right of center, just beyond the suv you can see the top of the tractor or caterpillar or whatever it is in the ditch. You can barely see the top of it.  

9 minutes ago, mrags said:

Thanks again @Draconator

The ditch I was talking about is clearly visible in image 12. And if you zoom in closely to the silver suv just to the right of center, just beyond the suv you can see the top of the tractor or caterpillar or whatever it is in the ditch. You can barely see the top of it.  

Here’s my professional assessment: They better step on it! 😉

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.