XFL Championship Sat 5/13 8pm ABC/ESPN

PromoTheRobot

DC vs Arlington. The Renegades were a controversial playoff team, sub .500, St. Louis with a better record got shut out. But they took out top seed Houston to get here.

https://www.espn.com/xfl/story/_/id/37569074/xfl-2023-championship-preview-games-schedule-players-know-watch-picks

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

No former Bills on the teams as far as I can tell. 

I remember I picked the DC Defenders in the first comeback of the XFL because Cardale Jones was their quarterback. I guess I'll root for them again. 

Now that I think about it, I only picked the Birmingham Iron in the old AAF because Bills legend Colton Schmidt was their punter. 

Edited by Roundybout

10 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

No former Bills on the teams as far as I can tell. 

I remember I picked the DC Defenders in the first comeback of the XFL because Cardale Jones was their quarterback. I guess I'll root for them again. 

No ex Bills players but one ex head coach...Greg Williams is DC's DC 

5 minutes ago, Poleshifter said:

This should be one sided contest, unfortunately. DC is very good with a 9-1 regular season record. Arlington is 4-6 from the weak South division.

It was a fun season in any case. I enjoyed it.

I have to say I liked hearing the officials audio, especially on replays. I thought overall the XFL was very well officiated.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I have to say I liked hearing the officials audio, especially on replays. I thought overall the XFL was very well officiated.

You missed a G or two.

I just can’t for the life of me decide to spend any of my free time watching this product.

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

No kidding! I knew Wade Phillips coached the roughnecks but I didn’t know Greggo was there too. 

1 hour ago, eball said:

You missed a G or two.

I just can’t for the life of me decide to spend any of my free time watching this product.

Some folks are snobs about football. No offense intended, but once they see the best, they don’t enjoy the lower tiers.

I enjoy the CFL, XFL, USFL, college ball, whatever. I even watch some televised high school ball. Different strokes for different folks.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, eball said:

You missed a G or two.

Some of these players will be invited to NFL camps. How is that any different than watching a college game? Besides these are 2 better teams and they have 11 weeks behind them. 

9 hours ago, Poleshifter said:

Some folks are snobs about football. No offense intended, but once they see the best, they don’t enjoy the lower tiers.

I enjoy the CFL, XFL, USFL, college ball, whatever. I even watch some televised high school ball. Different strokes for different folks.

9 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Some of these players will be invited to NFL camps. How is that any different than watching a college game? Besides these are 2 better teams and they have 11 weeks behind them. 

I think you guys misunderstand me.  I’m simply saying that given a finite amount of free time, watching the XFL or USFL (or CFL) doesn’t move the needle for me one bit.  I specifically make time for the NFL and other sports I watch.  I’m not being critical of anyone else who watches these leagues.

• Like (+1) 1

I mildly enjoyed the xfl this season. It has potential to be a good league. I still think the nfl should be involved to make it more appealing to nfl fans. These teams should be playing in nfl stadiums Imo. There's lots of things I think the xfl/nfl could do to make the league more appealing 

2 hours ago, Steptide said:

I mildly enjoyed the xfl this season. It has potential to be a good league. I still think the nfl should be involved to make it more appealing to nfl fans. These teams should be playing in nfl stadiums Imo. There's lots of things I think the xfl/nfl could do to make the league more appealing 

That will never happen. Not because the NFL has a problem with these spring leagues. Quite the opposite. It's because any direct involvement with these leagues opens them up to further potential CTE liability.

So the NFL will remain arms-length from the XFL and USFL, while still working with these leagues through official training, and using them as a laboratory for rules changes.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.