How can ignore feature work better

48 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

and my entire point i to try and understand why democrats particularly liberal democrats are so obsessed with sexual identity. It’s perverted and disgusting. Why is it central to all topics and why are they (your side) such narcissists. I do apologize that it seems to have invigorated some repressed homophobic anger. 

Who the hell are you to define perverted and disgusting?  I find most of your posts to be both but other MAGA's here seem to agree with some of them.  I'm not obsessed with sexual identity.  I've been certain of mine for as long as I remember.  And I really don't care what others do sexually as long as it doesn't affect me.  It hasn't so far.  Live and let live.  But since you can so easily define perverted and disgusting and see it so often, it must bother the hell out of you.  Poor you.  Turn your sensitive eyes away.  No one cares.

The remaining dribble deserves no mention except that the vast majority of Americans are clearly now organized into 1 of 2 broadly polar camps with vastly different goals and ideologies that very often conflict.  There is a relatively small middle group and it becomes more politically important every day.  It's not widely in evidence on this site. Finally, the data available on verified voters in the last 3 national elections shows that more educated voters are more likely to vote Dem and the higher the level of educational achievement directly correlates with the margin favoring Dems.  

For someone that gives career advice solely based on ROI, physics seems an odd choice.

Edited by redtail hawk

10 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Who the hell are you to define perverted and disgusting?  I find most of your posts to be both but other MAGA's here seem to agree with some of them.  I'm not obsessed with sexual identity.  I've been certain of mine for as long as I remember.  And I really don't care what others do sexually as long as it doesn't affect me.  It hasn't ever so far.  Live and let live.  But since you can so easily define perverted and disgusting and see it so often, it must bother the hell out of you.  Poor you.  Turn your sensitive eyes away.  No one cares.

The remaining dribble deserves no mention except that the vast majority of Americans are clearly now organized into 1 of 2 polar camps with vastly different goals and ideologies that very often conflict.  There is a relatively small middle group and it becomes more politically important every day.  It's not widely in evidence on this site. Finally, the data available on verified voters in the last 3 national elections shows that more educated voters are more likely to vote Dem and the higher the level of educational achievement the more likely.  

For someone that gives career advice solely based on ROI, physics seems an odd choice.

again you see points in isolation and miss the big picture (also I never said physics was the degree, just that my degree required mastery of that subject as well)

Re ROI topic, smart people in a capitalist society make money. And here’s how people vote by income. 

Screenshot 2023-05-20 at 1.13.23 PM.png

Your majority is comprised of the dregs of our economy 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

again you see points in isolation and miss the big picture (also I never said physics was the degree, just that my degree required mastery of that subject as well)

Re ROI topic, smart people in a capitalist society make money. And here’s how people vote by income. 

Screenshot 2023-05-20 at 1.13.23 PM.png

As a scientist, you should be aware that references are customary.  This graph might represent Florida votes in a school board election for all I know.  And we were discussing educational attainment to voting preference in presidential elections until you changed the outcome measured...

4 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

As a scientist, you should be aware that references are customary.  This graph might represent Florida votes in a school board election for all I know.  And we were discussing educational attainment to voting preference in presidential elections until you changed the outcome measured...

you position a self serving insinuation that college educated equals intellectual superiority and  to selection of your ideology.

I posit that there are numerous educational factors and that income tends to be in capitalist society a better measure of intellect. And when examining that break out it shatters that notion. 

your party is propped up by deadbeats. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

your party is propped up by deadbeats. 

here is a map of the states, listed by percentage of residents who don't pay any federal income tax.  I hope we can agree that they are the "deadbeats" you refer to.  In 2012, they were overwhelmingly highest in red states and vice versa.  please link conflicting or more recent results (there is now about 57% of the pop that pay no fed taxes)

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2012/09/where-are-the-47-of-americans-who-pay-no-income-taxes/262499/

Edited by redtail hawk

Mr. Snob again (redtail). I made a simple comment about wife or husband. Well, lefties nowadays are so concerned bout misidentifying  them, I just wanted to cover my bases.😅  Hope you get help for that TDS.

Edited by Wacka
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

here is a map of the states, listed by percentage of residents who don't pay any federal tax.  I hope we can agree that they are the "deadbeats" you refer to.  In 2012, they were overwhelmingly highest in red states and vice versa.  please link conflicting or more recent results (there is now about 57% of the pop that pay no fed taxes)

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2012/09/where-are-the-47-of-americans-who-pay-no-income-taxes/262499/

from your own article 😂 

Update: My colleague Derek Thompson picks up the baton from me and digs deeper into the demographics of the so-called 47 percent. One important note he makes is that it's often the lowest-income people in these red states who are most likely to vote Democratic -- it's just that the rest of the population is conservative enough to carry the states into the Republican column.

Game set and match 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Wacka said:

Mr. Snob again (redtail). I made a simple comment about wife or husband. Well, lefties nowadays are so concerned bout misidentifying  them, I just wanted to cover my bases.😅  Hope you get help for that TDS.

just seemed like you were just trying to be politically correct or mock political correctness. It stuck some nerve. 

12 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

from your own article 😂 

Game set and match 

Perhaps a game.  Certainly not set and match.  that edit is behind a firewall.  If the Atlantic published that story knowing that, it's journalistic malpractice.  No voting data provided and nothing to do with education level.  

Plumbing here needs work.  Taking a break.  Ciao baby!

On 5/20/2023 at 1:44 PM, redtail hawk said:

here is a map of the states, listed by percentage of residents who don't pay any federal income tax.  I hope we can agree that they are the "deadbeats" you refer to.  In 2012, they were overwhelmingly highest in red states and vice versa.  please link conflicting or more recent results (there is now about 57% of the pop that pay no fed taxes)

Now do it by house district.  

So as to not get lost in the other thread discussion with @SoCal Deek....

May I please request from those who insist on interacting with the @BillStime and @Tiberius of the board please not quote them and use the tag function instead? Using the tag function clearly alerts them that you are responding to what they've posted, while at the same time not subjecting the rest of us to their dreck.

A win for all.

Thank you.

9 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

So as to not get lost in the other thread discussion with @SoCal Deek....

May I please request from those who insist on interacting with the @BillStime and @Tiberius of the board please not quote them and use the tag function instead? Using the tag function clearly alerts them that you are responding to what they've posted, while at the same time not subjecting the rest of us to their dreck.

A win for all.

Thank you.

Don’t be so mentally weak. Just scroll past what you don’t want to read. It’s so easy that even lil billsy, Tibs, and redhawk can do it. 

4 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

Don’t be so mentally weak. Just scroll past what you don’t want to read. It’s so easy that even lil billsy, Tibs, and redhawk can do it. 

You know that they're trolls, right?

Well maybe not @redtail hawk but the other two you mention are here for the express purpose of throwing bombs into every thread. When you engage them, you validate them.

5 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Well maybe not @redtail hawk but the other two you mention are here for the express purpose of throwing bombs into every thread. When you engage them, you validate them.

And you are following suit. The commies bit is tiresome, boring, and like something those idiots would do. Do yourself a favor. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

And you are following suit. The commies bit is tiresome, boring, and like something those idiots would do. Do yourself a favor. 

Again, when I'm talking about commies I'm talking about them.  The only time that I see posts from commies is when others quote them.

Therefore...

If you'd do me the favor and stop quoting commies then you'll see far less posts from me about commies.

You can still engage them without quoting them, right?

Seem fair?

3 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Again, when I'm talking about commies I'm talking about them.  The only time that I see posts from commies is when others quote them.

Therefore...

If you'd do me the favor and stop quoting commies then you'll see far less posts from me about commies.

Seem fair?

Not happening. You’re a grown man, ostensibly. You don’t need the protection of strangers from words and memes that displease you. Neither do I. I will continue to wade through the repetitive boredom some like to engage in. 

Edited by JDHillFan

3 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Therefore...

Seem fair?

It’s an interesting conversation for sure. You’ve obviously decided to lump them all together under the over arching ‘commie’ tag. I’m curious as to how you came to that generalized conclusion? I’m not sure many of these posters have any idea what they actually want in terms of a governing style or system. Many, if not all, appear literally stuck in a 1950s style partisan tribal feud. They simply know that if someone with a ‘R’ after their name says something then they must sign up to be against it. I’ve watched the pendulum swing wildly over the decades and honestly can’t believe how some of the classic party line positions have utterly flip flopped. 

38 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

23 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

lmao

This is hysterical - the user known as "TAG AND INGORE" is calling others trolls. You can't make this up.

Seriously, wtf are you here?  Go back to your safe place... freakn snowflake.

16 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

Not happening. You’re a grown man, ostensibly. You don’t need the protection of strangers from words and memes that displease you. Neither do I. I will continue to wade through the repetitive boredom some like to engage in. 

By all means continue to feed the trolls then.

And wade on!