Bills won the draft. Change my mind

DJB

1 hour ago, Success said:

Beane was laser-focused on helping Josh Allen.  Protecting him, giving him more time, establishing a running game,  and adding to the # of legit weapons he has.

That's what you do when you have an elite QB.  

We're in such good hands w/ Beane.  He's not a superior drafter, but he's a good one, and he has built Buffalo into a top contender, year after year.  He nailed it this offseason, 100%

All in all, I agree.  It's been a decent off season.  Beane can only get the players, the rest is on the coaches and the players themselves.

My mantra this season is what Poyer said in his "welcome back" presser.  When asked how the Bills get over the hump his answer was, 

"FINISH".

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

What would have been a better draft?

Lions original picks were:

R1- 6th

Who was available: Tyree Wilson, Paris Johnson Jr, Jalen Carter, Darnell Wright, Peter Skrownski

R1-18th

Kancey, Jaxson Smith-Ngijba or any of the Wide Receivers, Banks

R2-17th

Mauch, Benton, Cam Smith, Gervon Dexter

R2-24th

Rashee Rice, Stevenson, John Michael-Schmitz, O’Cyrus Torrence, DJ Turner

You just answered your own question.  The Gibbs pick in particular was egregious. Absolutely inexcusable that they didn’t use that first pick on Wilson or Carter. And there is no way they should have failed to land a CB, like Gonzalez or Turner.

Edited by mannc
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

33 minutes ago, mannc said:

You just answered your own question.  The Gibbs pick in particular was egregious. Absolutely inexcusable that they didn’t use that first pick on Wilson or Carter. And there is no way they should have failed to land a CB, like Gonzalez or Turner.

All you keep saying is the Gibbs pick is egregious. 

So Carter and or maybe Gonzalez or Turner and then no answer for the 2nd round pick.

So no real answer even when presented the premium positions around when the Lions picked.

2 hours ago, Success said:

Beane was laser-focused on helping Josh Allen.  Protecting him, giving him more time, establishing a running game,  and adding to the # of legit weapons he has.

That's what you do when you have an elite QB.  

We're in such good hands w/ Beane.  He's not a superior drafter, but he's a good one, and he has built Buffalo into a top contender, year after year.  He nailed it this offseason, 100%

I'm currently watching Total Access on the NFL Network and the question was posed to Maurice Jones Drew and Bucky Brooks, who drafted the best players to improve their team?  MJD surprised me by immediately saying the Buffalo Bills with Kincaid and Torrence improving weapons and the oline.  I rarely hear MJD say anything good about the Bills.  Brooks immediately agreed, but then added Seattle.

• Like (+1) 2

This Bills certainly didn't win the draft, but they did very, very well indeed. The Bills did exactly what I had hoped they’d do in this draft by bolstering their offensive skill player position group with Kincaid. In retrospect I'd pick Kincaid over ANY of the WR's in the draft!! He brings high-end movement skills and toughness after the catch, and should be able to give Josh a much-needed boost on passes to the short and intermediate areas where the Bills struggled last year!!. Kelce can't really block either, and no one seems to care.   They got crazy value in Torrence, a player most would have been happy if they took at 27.. Unlike everyone else, I love the William's pick. He’s a rangy, aggressive playmaker at the second level, his wingspan and speed rivals Edmunds. I bet he wins the ILB job outright by mid-season. He reminds me of Hamlin...... Shorter gives the Bills a developmental player with high-end athletic traits. Could be a real sleeper pick... Go Beane. The Bills are still the cream of the AFC East.  

2 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

So Carter and or maybe Gonzalez or Turner and then no answer for the 2nd round pick.

So no real answer even when presented the premium positions around when the Lions picked.

No answer for the second round pick?  What are you talking about? They get Wilson and Gonzalez (premium players at premium positions) and then they have two second round picks to use as they please. As it is, they massively reached for a RB and an off-ball linebacker, then drafted a TE with pick 34 to replace the guy they traded for pick 55.  Absolutely awful.  The only thing they did right was getting Herndon Hooker in the 3rd.

• Like (+1) 1

loved the draft.  Dorian Williams is going to surprise people.  Then we traded back to get picks for next years presumably better draft, while still coming away with a big WR target and an OG who did not allow a sack last year.  

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I think the Bills punted on the draft starting with the Dorian Williams pick in the 3rd.

The concept of value just went out the window.

Honestly after Torrence they should have just traded all the rest of their picks for next years Draft. 

If Kincaid turns out to be a HOFer the class is good, but otherwise I think they got next to nothing.

Browns had a good draft, I still like what the Lions did, Steelers of course had a nice draft. 

Bengals not getting any of the elite TEs, WRs or OTs made me happy. 

I think this is sourpuss speak for they didn’t draft the players I wanted

7 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I’m just wondering if you realize that you talk of value, then the use the premium pick on opposition that is undervalued

6 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I think this is sourpuss speak for they didn’t draft the players I wanted

I’m just wondering if you realize that you talk of value, then the use the premium pick on opposition that is undervalued

How's that cape John? 

I gave the Bills a B+ for the draft by the way, just don't feel like they got much R3-R7, but you can't say that on this board without the caped crusaders dashing in to protect the Bills. 

And before you say it again John, yes I know they won 13 games last year. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.