1. 1. Who should the Bills take at #34

• Jalin Hyatt, WR, Tennessee
    • Steve Avila, OG, TCU
    • Bryan Bresee, DT, Clemson
    • Trenton Simpson, MLB, Clemson
    • Jack Campbell, MLB, Iowa
    • Anton Harrison, OT, Oklahoma

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/28/2023 at 12:00 AM

24 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

The games he’s missed I recall the run game going to complete dog poo.  

He brings a nastiness to the run game no other linemen on the roster has.  

I agree his pass pro was bad last year but they are chalking it up to his early season setbacks.  I’ve said it before I’d draft one but I believe they aren’t giving up on Brown.  We draft one first, that guy is the starter.   

I’m starting to see too many holes and significant ones if an injury happens to that DL or Milano or Poyer.    

I’m not saying not to draft an OT btw.  This is more of a “in defense of Spencer Brown” post.  

I think we can go OT at 34 and I absolutely would consider it - then maybe Ika in Round 3.  I just don’t think McBeane will.  

Philadelphia 76Ers Basketball GIF

We’re talking about the run game.  The run game.  

I agree….they aren’t drafting one high.  It will be a mistake imo. Protect Josh Allen.  Spencer Brown does not

46 minutes ago, mrags said:

So why would you want Hyatt then? 

you said the best talent. I think you meant was fastest 

No, I meant talent.  You build for the future.  A year from now (or sooner) the WR room consists of Diggs(31), Hopkins(32), Hyatt and Shakir.

What's wrong with that?

3 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Great book. Love me some Kurt Vonnegut. Also a great Snapcase song (some love for our local Buffalo boys!)

I voted JMS. I'd put good money on the Bills needing a new starting Center by week 6 of this year. Morse has been running on borrowed time for 2 years already.

I think I was too young to read Slaughter House Five when I picked it up(10 years old). So it goes.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

You could always try again. I've read some novels a half dozen times over the years. They change with you.

Correct. I read it a couple more times in high school. Different read in high school.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

If you guys are fans, there is an excellent Vonnegut documentary on Hulu right now. It's everything I always hoped for/to know. And the coolest part is the opening scene, one of his speaking appearances, takes place in Buffalo in the early 80s.

Probably none of you have heard of this fella, but if one is interested in experimental fiction with scifi elements, R. A. Lafferty is a favorite of mine. Neil Gaiman speaks well of him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

rolling with Spencer Brown is a repeat of the same mistake made with Gabe Davis last year: pinning hope for a very important position on improvement.  We need guys who can do it, not using hope as a strategy here. 

In this scenario we got a monster upgrade at wide receiver plus the free agent guards we added and Damien Harris. Plus we have the second rounder if bergeron is still there.  

50 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

No, I meant talent.  You build for the future.  A year from now (or sooner) the WR room consists of Diggs(31), Hopkins(32), Hyatt and Shakir.

What's wrong with that?

Nothing wrong with that. Except 2 things. 1. If you trade for Hopkins now, your all set now for Wr and you need to fill other holes or this year will also be a bust and trading for Hopkins would be pointless. 2. If you feel that Hyatt is that guy fine, but I personally don’t think he’s going to be that good of a receiver. And because of that I wouldn’t be wasting a 2nd rounder on him. I’d rather draft someone that can protect Josh or stuff the middle on D and will be a sure starter for years to come. But that’s my opinion. And I’m just not a huge fan of Hyatt. If we take him I’ll be excited and hopeful. 

4 hours ago, Dopey said:

I think I was too young to read Slaughter House Five when I picked it up(10 years old). So it goes.

4 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

You could always try again. I've read some novels a half dozen times over the years. They change with you.

The Great Gatsby for me. It just speaks to me now in a different way. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.