Rumor: Derrick Henry to the eagles???

Alphadawg7

2 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Don’t discount the field conditions in the SB. They were ridiculous.

100 percent. Excellent post.

Well I guess the Eagles need to draft defensive lineman with much bigger feet don't they?   Because they didn't play the run well either.........while the Chiefs defense played on the same turf and shut the Eagles run game the f*ck down while the gimpy Mahomes was much more effective on the ground than Hurts.

If not for about a half dozen of those sketchy Bush-pushes prolonging drives for the Eagles the game would have been over much sooner.    A gimpy ankled Mahomes leading a team that was outmanned everywhere else except TE to victory was a case study in the importance of being built around an elite passer.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, MasterStrategist said:

Agree about some of this...but...

The field condition absolutely hampered the Eagles speed rush.  Bad field conditions/footing will tend to favor an offense, if they're capable of a quick or intermediate passing game (which KC can obviously do it all).

I'm still in the camp that we're not getting to the SB until we have a consistent/disruptive DL, but in general, much better in the trenches.

I'd love another WR this draft, but if the Cincy (and prior KC playoff) loss showed us anything, it was we're not good enough on either line.

I know everyone wants a new #2 WR, but I'm hapoy of this draft focuses on the trenches rds 1&2, then gets us a Wr and MLB.  Can't fill every hole this offseason, but Beane has to hit on the top 2 picks.  I'm fine if our MLB position is a rotation of sorts, and McD gets more creative with dime looks.

If you are drafting to fill holes like that you are probably about to have a bad draft haul.

Getting a new 2023 left tackle before another season of decline from Dawkins........and then moving him to guard..........would be great.  But getting a league average starting LT right away isn't likely to be happening from this draft.

Expecting rookie guard and RT prospects to be better than Bates, McGovern, Edwards and Brown is also unlikely.........but yeah they should be drafting players to develop the next couple of years at some of those non-premium OL positions. 

The one position they could gain the most from with just ONE player is a stud WR..........and good rookie WR's are often up to speed and making plays by mid-season.........but also not worth reaching for and botching your draft.   

Needs change FAST in the NFL.

• Like (+1) 3

9 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

If you are drafting to fill holes like that you are probably about to have a bad draft haul.

Getting a new 2023 left tackle before another season of decline from Dawkins........and then moving him to guard..........would be great.  But getting a league average starting LT right away isn't likely to be happening from this draft.

Expecting rookie guard and RT prospects to be better than Bates, McGovern, Edwards and Brown is also unlikely.........but yeah they should be drafting players to develop the next couple of years at some of those non-premium OL positions. 

The one position they could gain the most from with just ONE player is a stud WR..........and good rookie WR's are often up to speed and making plays by mid-season.........but also not worth reaching for and botching your draft.   

I'm not seeing a lot of change right now from OBD.  More of the same with the rationale that they were cap poor.  

If there's a DE prospect at 27 or thereabouts who can be a solid pass rusher in a couple years, that's better than a reach for a lesser WR.  I'm still skeptical their board is skewed toward defense like a weighted roulette slot(s).    

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

There are probably 2-3 WRs that are going to be upgrades for us this yr, vs ehat we already have....JSN, Flowers, and Addison.

Beane went and grabbed 2 FA wrs, not saying he's done or should he be, but I'm more skeptical we are taking one early.  This offense can open up, if Knox (or our Rb) needs to chip on every play.  

RT and DT, there are handful of players round 1 at both spots that would be instant competition.  We will see what happens.  We need to get better in the trenches, plain and simple...it might not be an immediate ROI, but will come this season

12 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Well I guess the Eagles need to draft defensive lineman with much bigger feet don't they?   Because they didn't play the run well either.........while the Chiefs defense played on the same turf and shut the Eagles run game the f*ck down while the gimpy Mahomes was much more effective on the ground than Hurts.

If not for about a half dozen of those sketchy Bush-pushes prolonging drives for the Eagles the game would have been over much sooner.    A gimpy ankled Mahomes leading a team that was outmanned everywhere else except TE to victory was a case study in the importance of being built around an elite passer.  

Funny, bc if Hurts doesn't fumble away the ball at midfield (returned for a TD have you), Eagles were about to take control.  That was the main momentum shift.

Eagles also showed on tape that they press man in alot of goal to go, Reid was a genius designing rub/motion that freed up 2 easy TD plays.

Eagles pass rush changes that game 9 out of 10 times.  Horrible field made the difference, and KC has tackles that struggled with the speed rush

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

There are probably 2-3 WRs that are going to be upgrades for us this yr, vs ehat we already have....JSN, Flowers, and Addison.

Beane went and grabbed 2 FA wrs, not saying he's done or should he be, but I'm more skeptical we are taking one early.  This offense can open up, if Knox (or our Rb) needs to chip on every play.  

RT and DT, there are handful of players round 1 at both spots that would be instant competition.  We will see what happens.  We need to get better in the trenches, plain and simple...it might not be an immediate ROI, but will come this season

Funny, bc if Hurts doesn't fumble away the ball at midfield (returned for a TD have you), Eagles were about to take control.  That was the main momentum shift.

Eagles also showed on tape that they press man in alot of goal to go, Reid was a genius designing rub/motion that freed up 2 easy TD plays.

Eagles pass rush changes that game 9 out of 10 times.  Horrible field made the difference, and KC has tackles that struggled with the speed rush

Yeah we see the draft differently.   I don't worry about immediate need too much.  That's what UFA was for.   And most of the UFA's they signed are short term fixes so they don't incline me to pass on a better player at that position.   Needs change fast.   

As for the Eagles.......the Chiefs forced Hurts to win the game for them by eliminating the RB's from the equation(despite that bad ol' turf monster working against them;)).

And I think Hurts played as well as he could have given the vast passing talent disparity between he and Mahomes.    If you re-played that game 10 times that's probably the best Hurts would have played.  But the bottom line is Mahomes still was just far more efficient.   By the second half the Chiefs were going to score on every drive no matter how long the game lasted.   But the excuses some bitter Bills fans make for the Chiefs winning are at least comical.    

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I could see it happening, if the Titans can get a second round pick and dump Henry it would facilitate a rebuild they are in desperate need to start. I think Vrabel is a good coach and hanging onto an older team is only going to hamper him. Hit the reset button and trade Henry if the compensation is solid. 

The Eagles are in win now mode and they can likely spare pick 62 for Henry and a late round pick. 

15 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

And no mention of coaching.  

3 hours ago, MasterStrategist said:

That play happened on third and five, and he was about to lose yardage even if he didn’t drop the ball.  It was a big play, but Kansas City was about to get the ball around their own 20 down 7.  The Eagles weren’t about to take control.  They were about to punt.

3 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah we see the draft differently.   I don't worry about immediate need too much.  That's what UFA was for.   And most of the UFA's they signed are short term fixes so they don't incline me to pass on a better player at that position.   Needs change fast.   

As for the Eagles.......the Chiefs forced Hurts to win the game for them by eliminating the RB's from the equation(despite that bad ol' turf monster working against them;)).

And I think Hurts played as well as he could have given the vast passing talent disparity between he and Mahomes.    If you re-played that game 10 times that's probably the best Hurts would have played.  But the bottom line is Mahomes still was just far more efficient.   By the second half the Chiefs were going to score on every drive no matter how long the game lasted.   But the excuses some bitter Bills fans make for the Chiefs winning are at least comical.    

When did Bills fans start begging for postseason football to be played in perfect conditions?  

17 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Henry to the Eagles would certainly make them a shoe in for the NFC championship if they can keep up their pace from last year. I still want to see Hurts dominate for one more year until I’m true believer. I think Henry is well worth their 30th overall pick. The Eagles have the O-Line to get the most out of him. This would make me terrified if I was a Cowboys or Giants fan. 

People keep forgetting just how good the 49ers roster is.  I mean its nasty good and the nastiest defensive unit in football heading into this new season.  

They get no love because of the question marks at QB, but Purdy was literally Mr. Irrelevant and turned them into a machine.  They don't need a superstar QB, they just need someone who has some pocket mobility and can facilitate the quick strike attack.  And regardless if Purdy is ready week 1, he will be ready at some point this season and will be their most likely QB in the playoffs.  

Then you still have all the potential and upside of what is Tre Lance.  if Tre starts the year off and that offense excels with him at the helm, he may not even relinquish the job and then you gotta defend all those weapons and Tre running.

I would bet on the 49ers representing the NFC next year before I wager on the Eagles even if they get Derrick Henry.  People forget the Eagles lost a lot of key players, especially on defense this year.  They had a wicked run game last year, its not like Derrick Henry is giving them something they didn't already have. 

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Billl said:

That play happened on third and five, and he was about to lose yardage even if he didn’t drop the ball.  It was a big play, but Kansas City was about to get the ball around their own 20 down 7.  The Eagles weren’t about to take control.  They were about to punt.

When did Bills fans start begging for postseason football to be played in perfect conditions?  

The larger point is probably who really cares who wins the Super Bowl if you don't?   

I never even cared when New England was winning them either.   Yeah, I don't like them but I also like knowing that our conference is definitely preparing the Bills to WIN the SB.

There are a lot of Bills fans who sided with Philly out of spite.   All I can say is if the Bills ever played ONE important game against the Eagles they would never root for a Philadelphia team again.   They should know better from our experience in the NHL.   Possibly the worst fans on the planet.

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

People keep forgetting just how good the 49ers roster is.  I mean its nasty good and the nastiest defensive unit in football heading into this new season.  

They get no love because of the question marks at QB, but Purdy was literally Mr. Irrelevant and turned them into a machine.  They don't need a superstar QB, they just need someone who has some pocket mobility and can facilitate the quick strike attack.  And regardless if Purdy is ready week 1, he will be ready at some point this season and will be their most likely QB in the playoffs.  

Then you still have all the potential and upside of what is Tre Lance.  if Tre starts the year off and that offense excels with him at the helm, he may not even relinquish the job and then you gotta defend all those weapons and Tre running.

I would bet on the 49ers representing the NFC next year before I wager on the Eagles even if they get Derrick Henry.  People forget the Eagles lost a lot of key players, especially on defense this year.  They had a wicked run game last year, its not like Derrick Henry is giving them something they didn't already have. 

Yeah I haven't been following it closely but last I checked SF was the #2 betting favorite behind KC.   Bills were 3rd.   Personally, I always expect major injuries to un-do the Niners.   They play hard and get beat up and their QB's seem to take a lot of punishment that Shanahan has failed to address despite a lot of talent on the OL.   But the NFC is weak so they are a good bet to be in that championship game again.  

47 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

All very fair points and minus QB the 9ers have hands down the best roster in football. I also want to see what Purdy can do now that DCs have a good amount of tape to strategize with in the offseason. If Purdy can build on last year then you are probably right, but that’s a big if. Is it a given that they aren’t gonna roll w/ Lance? I’m not up to date on their QB situation. 

1 minute ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

All very fair points and minus QB the 9ers have hands down the best roster in football. I also want to see what Purdy can do now that DCs have a good amount of tape to strategize with in the offseason. If Purdy can build on last year then you are probably right, but that’s a big if. Is it a given that they aren’t gonna roll w/ Lance? I’m not up to date on their QB situation. 

I agree about Purdy...what will he do once now that there is tape on him is a good question.  The main point for them is that they don't need a QB that can say do a lot, just needs to be the anti-Jimmy G where Jimmy G was a literal statue in the pocket and might have the worst pocket presence of any starter in the NFL.  That is why Purdy made such a difference, and both him and Lance will still have that mobility as part of their game and then really only need to be able to handle short strikes with that running and YAC offense built around them.  

So that for me is what makes the Niners still the most dangerous team.  It's the kind of team that could get to the SB with even a below average starter at QB.  If either Tre or Purdy can just be average/solid, that team will be very hard to beat.  Kind of like the Ravens when they had Trent Dilfer...the Niners are just so good everywhere else that they can mask some deficiencies at QB.  

TBH, their 3rd QB is Sam Darnold now too.  And while Darnold has not been good in his NFL career, if he had to play there I think its possible he could actually do alright himself as he won't be asked to carry the offense or be a high volume thrower.  And I suspect Purdy is going to start the season on PUP List or IR as I don't think he will be ready week 1.  So I think its probable that Darnold starts the season as the #2 QB.  

And if the Niners do see one of their QB's come in and play well (like Purdy was last year before injury), then they are IMHO the hand-down favorite to rep the NFC in the SB, even if Eagles get Henry.  

32 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah I haven't been following it closely but last I checked SF was the #2 betting favorite behind KC.   Bills were 3rd.   Personally, I always expect major injuries to un-do the Niners.   They play hard and get beat up and their QB's seem to take a lot of punishment that Shanahan has failed to address despite a lot of talent on the OL.   But the NFC is weak so they are a good bet to be in that championship game again.  

Injuries are absolutely a legit concern with them, they have been through the ringer with injuries multiple years now.  So yeah, I have them as the NFC favorites assuming they are not crushed by injuries again.  

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.