Crime vs racism

4 hours ago, Orlando Tim said:

The facts are simple for anyone with an IQ above room temperature - evil people will victimize their own most often by a large percentage, largely because their own allow it at a higher rate. The evil of each race and creed will usually damage their own before looking for another to victimize. Those that attack other races directly in the past 20 years are the exception not the rule, but all evil needs to be stomped out, whether "mine" or "yours". 

Yours, mine and ours. They’re all Americans. Send the bad ones to prison ( yes, even rich, influential ones). If they’re here illegally throw them out and/or jail them. Simultaneously, look for ways to decrease the crime rate especially in target high incidence groups. Not easy but better than just complaining 

• Eyeroll 1

5 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

Yours, mine and ours. They’re all Americans. Send the bad ones to prison ( yes, even rich, influential ones). If they’re here illegally throw them out and/or jail them. Simultaneously, look for ways to decrease the crime rate especially in target high incidence groups. Not easy but better than just complaining 

So on these topics you agree that Dems are wrong?

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

13 hours ago, LeviF said:

This entire thread is about violent crimes. Homicide stands out in particular. What is the method by which racism causes someone to murder people and why doesn’t it apply to women?

So still no answer about the stat you posted?  

Historic racism has placed black people in the lower classes where most of the violent crime happens. Women don't commit violent crime as much as men. 

8 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

As a society we’ve collectively chosen to invest a fortune in both time and money in a justice system. There are no shortage of laws and associated penalties already on the books for breaking them. How about we just enforce the laws, without prejudice or bias, and incarcerate those that break them? I know it’s a novel idea…but let’s give it a try. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

As a society we’ve collectively chosen to invest a fortune in both time and money in a justice system. There are no shortage of laws and associated penalties already on the books for breaking them. How about we just enforce the laws, without prejudice or bias, and incarcerate those that break them? I know it’s a novel idea…but let’s give it a try. 

I agree but the part about finding ways to mitigate the impetus for crime is just as important.  Prisons and prisoners are expensive monetarily and psychologically (repeat offenders).  We need an analysis of cost for social programs versus cost of incarceration and what efforts deserve funding.

25 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

I agree but the part about finding ways to mitigate the impetus for crime is just as important.  Prisons and prisoners are expensive monetarily and psychologically (repeat offenders).  We need an analysis of cost for social programs versus cost of incarceration and what efforts deserve funding.

Hawk, you’ll noticed I didn’t say it’s one versus the other. Enforce the laws first, foremost and unrelentingly. If society chooses to do then do those other things you mention….so be it. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

So still no answer about the stat you posted?  

Historic racism has placed black people in the lower classes where most of the violent crime happens. Women don't commit violent crime as much as men. 

You haven’t asked any questions except “but muh racizm!!??” You’re not honest or curious. You’ll continue to insist that the only reason 13% of the population commits nearly 60% of all homicides is this magical, vague notion that apparently doesn’t affect everyone in said 13%. 

But again, your entire line here is “yeah well white people have it coming.”

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

was their citizenship questioned by racist republicans too? or are you just proud to know some other black candidates lol

I am proud I am not ignorant enough to call Obama the first. And there was never a question of their citizenship. 

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

I'm not David Duke. David Duke is a proud supporter of Donald Trump and I think both those d*ckheads are terrible for our country

Yet Trump is not a supporter of David Duke. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SUNY_amherst said:

I'm not David Duke. David Duke is a proud supporter of Donald Trump and I think both those d*ckheads are terrible for our country

I actually agree, they are both bad.  But I don't think you are great for America either.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Re: some posts upthread, solving the crime problem is trivially easy. You don’t even need 20th or 21st century tech. Progressives simply object to any measure that effectively controls and eliminates criminal behavior. 

• Agree 2