What Buffalo Bills draft choice surprised you the most on draft day?

JohnNord

There are too many head scratchers to list, but here are my top 3.

1.  Aaron Maybin

2. 'lil Donte Whiffner

3.  E J Manuel

We all know Whiffner was an average player, but 1 and 3 on my list were guys that wouldn't have been drafted by any team on this continent.

Edited by Homey D. Clown

19 hours ago, KingBoots8 said:

Watkins over Mack.

I think everyone absolutely thought we traded up for the kid in our back yard. I remember dancing around like “ohhhhh snap we got Mack!”… then hearing Watkins just threw me off. I liked Watkins but not enough to trade up for him. Even with as good a prospect as he was thought to be, it just felt like a reach. 

Watkins, to this day, pisses me off. What a lazy good for nothing talent wasted. Thought he had the makings of Julio 2.0 but he never worked hard enough to stay durable. Complete bum with a shitload of natural gifts. 

I was actually really surprised (and excited) when they drafted Marshawn Lynch. I mean, they hadn't really been drafting the most exciting players up to that point and he was an exciting player. 

Whitner was a surprise given how Ngata was still on the board. I think the Spiller pick was kind of a surprise as well. 

21 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Easily Whitner over Ngata.  Never saw that coming and was stunned when they didn’t call Ngata’s name.  

That would be mine as well except in that very same draft, they traded back into the 1st round and took DT John McCargo. I thought for sure they were trading up for Nick Mangold.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, Manther said:

Sorry, could not resist....

Nobody really knows how players will turn out.  Read the pre-draft analysis on just about anybody and you might think he's gonna be great.  

I'll wait on Bernard.  When he got on the field, it was due to injury and he wasn't ready.  They chose him to develop over time, and it's time now to see him develop.  Maybe he'll put on 15 pounds and get taller and become a beast.  

Biggest surprise for me was probably Whitner.  I freaked out.  I remember thinking they had the USC QB in their hands, and they surely could've traded down.  

Nobody really knows how players will turn out.  Read the pre-draft analysis on just about anybody and you might think he's gonna be great.  

I'll wait on Bernard.  When he got on the field, it was due to injury and he wasn't ready.  They chose him to develop over time, and it's time now to see him develop.  Maybe he'll put on 15 pounds and get taller and become a beast.  

Biggest surprise for me was probably Whitner.  I freaked out.  I remember thinking they had the USC QB in their hands, and they surely could've traded down. 

200.gif&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=49149df8917c55dcd

23 hours ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Basham

I thought it was weird that they doubled down on DE but I didn’t mind because the talk was that Boogie Basham was a high floor type player.  It uh…wasn’t true.  

1 hour ago, Damian said:

Trading the #10 pick to KC, which they used to draft Mahomes.

Yeah, we got Tre in that round, but still Mahomes...

This is all hindsight though…I don’t remember anyone being surprised by the move.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.