The Walls be Closing

Kemp

5 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

It was a long shot.  trump likes those.  many have failed even worse especially in his biz ventures eg trump university or trump airlines..  if nothing else, it could serve as a rehearsal for a bigger, "better" insurrection.  Would it make you happy if it were successful next time?

it would make me happy if you could admit there was no insurrection plan.  Even the slowest and dullest among these folks would upon review of the "plan" have concluded it had zero chance of success.  So why do it?  Go back and don't come back until you bring me something that might work.

The idea that some sort of elaborate conspiracy and grand planning effort proceeded the events of the day is frankly, ridiculous and I won't believe it unless you've got access to the power point deck and the execution plan for 1/6 that you can upload to PPP.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Yeah, a guy who tried to overthrow the government in multiple ways and continues to do so is the kind of guy you want ruling over you.

When a total moron like yourself tells me to ***** off I know I'm on the right side.

Thanks.

Yep.  Go ***k off

• Awesome! (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

Since we are posting links to tunes. here is Everlast Cover of Cashes "Falsm River blues" with the background of "house of pain, jump around".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmt6OyRqb8A

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zmt6OyRqb8A" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Some serious talent there 😄

8 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

you've got access to the power point deck and the execution plan for 1/6 that you can upload to PPP.

great, saves me from searching for testimony to that affect.  Worry not your little head tho.  Jack Smith clearly has plenty of evidence that will be made public.  That'll be huge news that even you can't ignore.

Edited by redtail hawk

21 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

A well scripted failure.  Human history's best example of the worst insurrection plan and execution ever.  The basic objective of the plan appeared to be "let's occupy a single building and then declare ourselves in control of the country".   But overlooked were some details like no weapons, a group comprised of mostly out of shape old people, and most critical no support from any public institutions like some elements of the military that could use "force" to make it all happen.

The worst insurrection ever.  Maybe that's why nobody wants to take "credit" for the planning?  It was embarrassingly awful.   

Would you expect Trump to construct anything competent?

22 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

It was embarrassingly awful. Even Trump hated how "low class" the rioters looked.

But a reminder: it almost worked. It caused Congress to adjourn the ceremonial act of counting the electoral votes. It amped up the severe pressure Trump was putting on Pence. It almost caused Pence to flee the building on Secret Service advice. It came far, far too close for comfort.

it almost worked 😂 

thank you for the free satire… 

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

as I recall, Jack Kemp was a prominent Republican, even considered for president.  Great guy and pretty good QB.  Why would a D party loyalist choose his name?  It would be analogous to me using the screen name "Beasley".

Calling it now - you win the internet today.

• Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Would you expect Trump to construct anything competent?

I wouldn't expect Trump to have the ability to develop a coherent plan any more than I would expect Biden to address a media Q&A without a list of scripted and pre-defined questions and answers. 

But I would expect that Trump's co-conspirators would have some level of competency to develop a "plan" that had a chance of working.  What was the plan?  Storm the Capitol building.  Have a few dozen crazies engage in physical confrontation with Capitol Police while the majority of the protesters mill about inside the building taking tours and selfies?  Then when the government marshals a force big enough to engage the protest and they enter the Capitol to perform a sweep and clear mission what was the plan?  For the protesters to hit back at fully armed SWAT and other heavily armed law enforcement and military personnel with the canes and fanny packs?  It seems like that was it.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

19 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Yep.  Go ***k off

Again.

When I support a crime, you'll have a point.

You're free to tell me to ***** off, because what else do you have?

1 minute ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I wouldn't expect Trump to have the ability to develop a coherent plan any more than I would expect Biden to address a media Q&A without a list of scripted and pre-defined questions and answers. 

But I would expect that Trump's co-conspirators would have some level of competency to develop a "plan" that had a chance of working.  What was the plan?  Storm the Capitol building.  Have a few dozen crazies engage in physical confrontation with Capitol Police while the majority of the protesters mill about inside the building taking tours and selfies?  Then when the government marshals a force big enough to engage the protest and they enter the Capitol to perform a sweep and clear mission what was the plan?  For the protesters to hit back at fully armed SWAT and other heavily armed law enforcement and military personnel with the canes and fanny packs?  It seems like that was it.

You do realize Jan 6 was the pretty much the last resort for Trump and his goons, right?  

The mirage of lawsuits = failed

John Eastman = failed

What was left?

Trump admitted 6 months prior to the election that if he lost, it was because it was stolen.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Frank has explained the plan clearly and repeatedly.  You just ignore it.

But you are correct in that a civil war would be incredibly bloody and destructive.  Yet some here actually seem to want one.

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Nothing- pence’s role in election certification is purely symbolic. The theory he could do anything to change the outcome was total nonsense 

Sure, trump believed the same thing🙃.  His conflict with Pence on this matter is extremely well documented.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

But would expect that Trump's co-conspirators would have some level of competency to develop a "plan" that had a chance of working.  What was the plan?  Storm the Capitol building.  Have a few dozen crazies engage in physical confrontation with Capitol Police while the majority of the protesters mill about inside the building taking tours and selfies?  Then when the government marshals a force big enough to engage the protest and they enter the Capitol to perform a sweep and clear mission what was the plan?  For the protesters to hit back at fully armed SWAT and other heavily armed law enforcement and military personnel with the canes and fanny packs?  It seems like that was it.

When all legal attempts failed he arranged for meetings at the Willard Hotel in D.C. to come up with a plan to overturn the election with the usual suspects:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/willard-trump-eastman-giuliani-bannon/2021/10/23/c45bd2d4-3281-11ec-9241-aad8e48f01ff_story.html

Then he tried to get Pence to overturn the election.

I thought this was all common knowledge.

4 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

But I would expect that Trump's co-conspirators would have some level of competency to develop a "plan" that had a chance of working.  What was the plan?  Storm the Capitol building.  Have a few dozen crazies engage in physical confrontation with Capitol Police while the majority of the protesters mill about inside the building taking tours and selfies? 

Storm the Capitol. Force the ceremonial "counting of the electoral votes" to adjourn out of safety concerns. Keep the pressure on Mike Pence to refuse to certify critical electoral votes. Send the competing (real vs. fake electors) slates back to those states where Republican legislatures/governors could certify the fake slates. Remain in office as the "duly reelected President of the United States."

It's not like it's a secret:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastman_memos

Trump wasn't ever expecting the "low class" mob to somehow overthrow the Congress. It was a tactic. A delay and pressure tactic. And again: it almost worked. Only Mike Pence (who did take the advice of his legal counsel that he lacked authority to do what Trump told him to do; note that the implication here may be that IF he'd been told he had that authority he probably would have been willing to use it, despite the lack of evidence of voter fraud, so he's no golden boy himself) stood in the way. And the mob was clear on what it wanted to do with Pence if he didn't capitulate .. "Hang Mike Pence."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Nothing- pence’s role in election certification is purely symbolic. The theory he could do anything to change the outcome was total nonsense 

Read the Eastman memos, or the wiki summary of them (which is very good).

Who was on the stage with Trump on that rally on The Mall on the morning of January 6? Could it be ... John Eastman?? 

• Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

And yet Trump and his supporters believed it.

You know it's not a Mensa group when MTG is their most powerful representative.

By the way, when is the MTG-Boebert PPV brawl scheduled?