RIP- Robert Blake, actor age 89

Wacka

Robert Blake , the star of Truman Capote's "In Cold Blood", Baretta and in Our Gang as a child dead at 89 from heart disease. Was found "innocent"  in the death of his wife.

"Dat's the name of dat tune"

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

He's still kicking. And... Natalie Wood was only 8 years his junior. He was only like 51 when she drowned. 

Yep and her oldest daughter Natasha Gregson Wagner is an actress most known for small roles in lot's of 90's movies.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQTUt4544w0o5xxFgB40DK

• Like (+1) 1

Big fan, being my doppelganger might have something to do with that. Spent the last 40 minutes watching his interview with Piers Morgan on youtube, really interesting and painful life, starting with his mother trying to self-abort him twice. Hop he can finally find peace.

I remember watching Baretta (1975–78) before I went off to college and loved his cockatoo Fred. 

image.thumb.png.03e331c45d23b2f3f011fe876d381241.png

It actually gets its own IMDB entry.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm9228283/bio?ref_=nm_dyk_trv#trivia

The iconic Cockatoo from the television series Baretta starring Robert Blake, whose title character kept the bird in his shabby apartment. Lala was perhaps the most memorable aspect of the series.

After Baretta ended, LaLa was retired to the San Diego Zoo, where he starred in live animal shows. In November, 1990, LaLa was stolen from a holding cage. He was found on a dirt road a mile away the next day, mussed up, but otherwise unharmed and returned to the zoo.

It is also first show I remember seeing Dana Elcar in who became better known from MacGyver.

Met him once with him taking a break from a show and he asked if I was looking for an autograph and I replied "No. I just wanted to tell you I appreciated your work."

I was walking away he said in jest "Are you sure you do not want an autograph?"

He must have got a lot of requests.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.