Church Of England Debate Gender Of God

Tiberius

Nice 

DEAL ISLAND, Md. — It’s Sunday morning, and the Bibles are on the dashboard. Disposable Communion cups drop into the consoles and coat pockets. Radios are tuned to 91.1 FM as pickup trucks and minivans weave around piles of oyster shells to claim a spot close to the bandstand. Horns blare, and heaters crank as the piano player gets into position.

It’s the call to prayer at Church by the Bay.

Since 2020, three pastors who lead a combined seven churches on the Deal Island Peninsula have been worshiping together at a small beach on Maryland’s lower Eastern Shore. The pastors, two White and one Black, are part of the United Methodist Church. A spur-of-the-moment idea to bring the faithful together during the pandemic has become a once-a-month gathering where hundreds of worshipers honk along to a boisterous service that offers a mix of polemics, politics and preaching.

“There isn’t a better church than this one right here,” said Cathy Sikos, a retired Walmart worker who lives in nearby Dames Quarter. “It’s a true depiction of what a church should be. No fancy building. Just pure worship. It’s God’s place. I wouldn’t want to go anywhere else

https://www.washingtonpost.com/religion/2023/02/11/maryland-deal-island-churches/

• Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Nice 

DEAL ISLAND, Md. — It’s Sunday morning, and the Bibles are on the dashboard. Disposable Communion cups drop into the consoles and coat pockets. Radios are tuned to 91.1 FM as pickup trucks and minivans weave around piles of oyster shells to claim a spot close to the bandstand. Horns blare, and heaters crank as the piano player gets into position.

It’s the call to prayer at Church by the Bay.

Since 2020, three pastors who lead a combined seven churches on the Deal Island Peninsula have been worshiping together at a small beach on Maryland’s lower Eastern Shore. The pastors, two White and one Black, are part of the United Methodist Church. A spur-of-the-moment idea to bring the faithful together during the pandemic has become a once-a-month gathering where hundreds of worshipers honk along to a boisterous service that offers a mix of polemics, politics and preaching.

“There isn’t a better church than this one right here,” said Cathy Sikos, a retired Walmart worker who lives in nearby Dames Quarter. “It’s a true depiction of what a church should be. No fancy building. Just pure worship. It’s God’s place. I wouldn’t want to go anywhere else

https://www.washingtonpost.com/religion/2023/02/11/maryland-deal-island-churches/

sounds like fun.  

Does ignorants ever stop surprising us ? What will they come up with next ? 

Actually they have been trying to do away with the Bible that way there will be no rules to live by that have any moral structure to them & people can just do or live in what ever way they decide to which seems to be the times in which we live in today .

• Like (+1) 1

Progressives will hollow out your religion and wear the corpse like a suit. 

They are parasites who latch on to everything people hold dear, eat away at it, then destroy it from the inside.  

It’s happening in culture.  It’s happening in education.  It’s happening in religion. 

All that will be left is a hive-mind wasteland of androgynous, overweight, they/them’s who are subservient to the government and disavow the institutions that teach them to be individuals.  

Here’s to the future!

Edited by SCBills
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Progressives will hollow out your religion and wear the corpse like a suit. 

They are parasites who latch on to everything people hold dear, eat away at it, then destroy it from the inside.  

It’s happening in culture.  It’s happening in education.  It’s happening in religion. 

All that will be left is a hive-mind wasteland of androgynous, overweight, they/them’s who are subservient to the government and disavow the institutions that teach them to be individuals.  

Here’s to the future!

Jesus was a Progressive!!! 

image.png.85ca0c3c6c8323ffa3b94713cf90954e.png

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Jesus was a Progressive!!! 

image.png.85ca0c3c6c8323ffa3b94713cf90954e.png

Other, lesser known quotes attributed to liberals:

"If, through wealth, privilege, entitlement and connections to organized crime, 

I can become youngest President of the United States, have a threesome with a vulnerable 

Hollywood starlet and my youngah brothah Bobby, and have people worship me 60 yeahs after my death, who the *&^% wouldn't want to be Democrat?

John F. Kennedy, Democrat

"Mary Jo, just hold your breath sweetie. I'll be back in 10 owwahs."

Ted Kennedy, Democrat

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Other, lesser known quotes attributed to liberals:

"If, through wealth, privilege, entitlement and connections to organized crime, 

I can become youngest President of the United States, have a threesome with a vulnerable 

Hollywood starlet and my youngah brothah Bobby, and have people worship me 60 yeahs after my death, who the *&^% wouldn't want to be Democrat?

John F. Kennedy, Democrat

"Mary Jo, just hold your breath sweetie. I'll be back in 10 owwahs."

Ted Kennedy, Democrat

Fake quotes? 

3 hours ago, SCBills said:

Here’s to the future!

yes, let's break off the the red states from the blue and see which best fits your description.

Chiming in as a professed Christian but Not and I repeat NOT basing this comment on anything officially "Christian"

The trinity of Father Son and Holy Spirt were described to me by a friend recently as GOD the Father the SON JESUS, and the HOLY SPIRIT as the female component as counselor, comforter,  conscience, encourager.

ALL GOD as water, ice and fog are all water but in different forms 

That is the only feminine type gender I would place on God.

Peace. 

Edited by muppy

On 2/8/2023 at 12:44 PM, Tiberius said:

image.png.b91dab084c35de9bb56c6797bc13ef10.png

This looks Lily-white. Is this wrong? 

It is a interpretation by someone but if you have any common sense seeing as Jesus was in the area of Israel i using said common sense would think that he is a bit darker than that interpretation but that's just me .

Maybe this will help you understand a little bit better . There are some 70% of Americans polled that interpret this presidents actions while in office to not be very good & not really good for the country but your interpretation on the other hand is that this sitting president is doing a great job despite all the facts to the contrary .

Now do you understand the difference in interpretation Tibs ???