Is Spencer Brown our long-term RT?

Success

20 hours ago, Arkady Renko said:

If I recall correctly last year we acted like our success depended on Spencer Brown being in the lineup.  I thought Kromer was going to do a much better job of getting the best out of talent.  

How quickly we forget how important he was in his rookie year, this year was a bit of a mess for Brown but he'll be back. Hopefully he can just stay healthy!

13 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

OK, I respect this. However my question is, what happens if a team never does this?  Imo they wind up like the current weak Buffalo Bills. 

Yes! That is why the 2022 draft was so underwhelming - due to the inattention to the OL and a weak attempt at bolstering WR. 

The other issue is that McD doesnt seem to trust rookies even if they are drafted high and play a position which is expected to contribute right away. I am currently quite pessimistic about next season (not due to the recency effect) but I dont trust Beane to make the right investments and it also appears that they will keep Frazier.  

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, without a drought said:

Kromer's sit and watch my beach chairs approach didn't seem all that effective.

I had high hopes for Kromer. Do you think the players just needed time to get used to his new approach? Evidently, it was very different. 

8 minutes ago, finn said:

I had high hopes for Kromer. Do you think the players just needed time to get used to his new approach? Evidently, it was very different. 

I did too, it was strange that everyone seemed to regress a bit, when I was expecting improvement as individuals players and more importantly as a unit.

If Kromer sticks around, hopefully things will fall in place with better play from those who return as starters and for the new pieces put in place.

22 hours ago, Success said:

I had (and still have) very high hopes for Brown, but he didn't break out this season like we had hoped.  I don't know enough about offensive line play to make a good judgment on the question in the OP.

For the guys who have a better understanding on that stuff - does he get a pass on '22 because of the injury?  Can he be part of a revamped & stronger line?  Or is this a position Beane has to look at filling this offseason or next?

I really don’t think so but it sure sounds like the Bills are going to start him next season.  Honestly he really never has been anything better than average at RT.  He’ll make an impressive looking block on a run play then get smoked in pass protection.  He’s a weakness IMO

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.