"80 for Brady"

Sargent Hulka

11 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

True, I think all I was getting at in my post is how little hope I have for this movie to contain any redeeming qualities. It seems like a theme that’s been done before, and it needs some element of humor to work. I’m sure they’ll try, and some people will like it, but these aren’t actresses I see making me laugh much. Betty White would have been great in this type of role, if the movie involved anyone but Brady. 

I hear you.  This movie is obviously meant to be a comedy, and outside of Lily Tomlin, you think of the other actresses more for their dramatic roles.  Sally Field started in sitcoms (Gidget and The Flying Nun) at the beginning of her career.   Rita Moreno is remembered most for her musicals but has starred in the revival of the sitcom, One Day at a Time.  As to Jane Fonda, I've seen her in a number of movie comedies, and she's quite good.  Hopefully the script is worthy of their talents and Brady's role is brief.

Edited by jkeerie
  • Like (+1) 1

• 2 months later...

Has anyone actually watched this movie?  It showed up on Paramount+ so I figured I’d give it a shot as a possibly funny comedy, considering the cast.  

When they start out bragging about the Pats having killed the Bills (back in 2007) and then fawning over Brady, I decided “Nope, can’t do it!”.  It could be a funny movie but more Patriots than I could stand.

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/11/2023 at 6:59 PM, BobbyC81 said:

Has anyone actually watched this movie?  It showed up on Paramount+ so I figured I’d give it a shot as a possibly funny comedy, considering the cast.  

When they start out bragging about the Pats having killed the Bills (back in 2007) and then fawning over Brady, I decided “Nope, can’t do it!”.  It could be a funny movie but more Patriots than I could stand.

I watched it last week on MGM + (formerly EPIX).  As you say, it's also on Paramount +. So there are at least 2 places to see it if you already are a subscriber.  It was OK.  The stuff they did wouldn't happen in the real world.  I won't give out too many spoilers, but there's no way some of the stuff would happen, like getting into the Patriots coaches box & talking to Brady through his helmet & getting into the game without valid tickets and ending up in a corporate box. 

Marshawn Lynch had a scene in the movie playing poker.

It looks like they took real highlights from the game, the Atlanta choke Super Bowl.   

For those who hate the thought of watching it because of the Patriots, at the end of the movie they become Tampa Bay fans after Brady signs with the Bucs.  

On 4/11/2023 at 5:59 PM, BobbyC81 said:

Thought about watching it, then I figured I could just stab myself in the eyes and just cut out the middle man.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 6

On 1/28/2023 at 11:55 AM, Simon said:

Do you think disseminating it even more will make it stop?

C'mon Big Toe, I hadn't seen hardly anything til you made me think about it now! :lol:

I especially like the “Big Toe” comment.

Yeah, I resuse at all costs to watch this idiotic premise movie.  It’s one or more of my apps, but to me torture is living in a Turkish prison, alternating 80 for Brady and crying babies like Nave Seal SERE training.

1 hour ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I watched it last week on MGM + (formerly EPIX).  As you say, it's also on Paramount +. So there are at least 2 places to see it if you already are a subscriber.  It was OK.  The stuff they did wouldn't happen in the real world.  I won't give out too many spoilers, but there's no way some of the stuff would happen, like getting into the Patriots coaches box & talking to Brady through his helmet & getting into the game without valid tickets and ending up in a corporate box. 

Marshawn Lynch had a scene in the movie playing poker.

It looks like they took real highlights from the game, the Atlanta choke Super Bowl.   

For those who hate the thought of watching it because of the Patriots, at the end of the movie they become Tampa Bay fans after Brady signs with the Bucs.  

I live in NE and I watched NE fans do that in real time.  It was soooooooooooooooooooo annoying.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.