Which would be the better offseason

Sharky7337

What would make a bigger impact this off season  

115 members have voted

1. 1. If you had 30 ish million to spend which would make the bills a better team

• Re-signing Tremaine Edmunds and Ed Oliver
    • Signing Devante Adams

7 hours ago, SCBills said:

In this binary choice, I’d go Adams .. but I’d rather get Allen a younger WR2 and not give up what it would take to trade for Adams. 

This goes for any top end WR under contract anywhere. 

Would take at least a 1 for Adams, and we’d likely get out-bid with where we’re drafting.  Even if we traded Oliver for a 2nd, Bills don’t exactly have the ability to just be trading away multiple picks right now with Allen’s contract hitting. 

I would gladly give away a !st and a 4th (or Adams based strictly on talent, however, the salary he brings with him, would hurt the rest of the team, therefor I would rather have the first option. 

always take a superstar talent over great talent.  Oliver and Edmunds are good to great, Adams is a HOF caliber player.  We have no impact players that DCs fear beyond Josh and Diggs currently (Knox is close).  We would still have several studs on D with Miller, Groot, White, Poyer and Hyde, and Milano that OCs would have to account for.  I'd rather replace Edmunds and Oliver and get Adams.  Also, the draft is likely to be out of top WRs by the end of Rd. 1, while an impact DT or LB may be available then.    I understand why some would want to do it differently, but just my 2 cents.  

3 hours ago, BillsFanThru-N-Thru said:

Not even sure if we can do either ... according to Spotrac the Bills are over the estimated CAP of 225 Million by 6M and OvertheCap has then 5M of the 225

this is true.  But in fantasyland, what would you choose? 

Offensive line and WR/TE should be the main priority every year of Josh's career. You give him that and we will be Super Bowl contenders EVERY SINGLE YEAR. I am fine with a mediocre defense because Josh will find a way to outscore you every week...it's really quite simple and something the Colts never figured out until it was too late with Andrew Luck.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Heavy Kevi said:

Edmunds and Oliver are very good players.

Adams is a bonafide superstar elite weapon right smack dab in our biggest position of need.

This is a no brainer. We would fill those defensive positions, and there would likely be a dropoff... But this team needs another weapon on offense. Someone besides josh and Stef to carry this team.

Davante could be that guy (in this made up binary scenario)

8 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

We’ll probably take a swing at a WR in the 1st round of the draft.  Then start building with Guards and probably a Safety.  I wouldn’t mind finding a TE if at all possible.  We have our RB room as Cook is coming along really nice.  Diggs is phenomenal, and we have other good tools including a gadget guy in McKenzie, solid #1 TE in Knox.

Having a QB like Allen makes middle tier WR look real good.  Look at some of the guys on Indy, NE Green Bay over the years.  I agree we need better play at WR, but feel a 1st round rookie could give you that, plus sign a mid tier FA WR for more depth.  It took Edmunds and Oliver 3 to 4 seasons to look good, replacing them would more likely result in a large drop off defensively.

Agree go WR, then guard the neither another guard or safety depending what happens with Poyer and Hyde.  Do think McD knows the skills needed and like he did with Hyde find a CB to convert into safety.

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch
  • Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Airseven said:

So I presume the OP means re-signing Edmunds, extending (not re-signing) Oliver, and/or trading for Adams. Ideally, Edmunds gets tagged and, yes, negotiating with Oliver is prudent. The idea of trading for another big name, vet WR is silly.

Exactly.   The Bills don't need 2 #1 WRs.   They need a more consistent  #2 WR, whom they can acquire via FA or draft. 

1 hour ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Offensive line and WR/TE should be the main priority every year of Josh's career. You give him that and we will be Super Bowl contenders EVERY SINGLE YEAR. I am fine with a mediocre defense because Josh will find a way to outscore you every week...it's really quite simple and something the Colts never figured out until it was too late with Andrew Luck.

I agree that improving the OL is the best way to improve the offense.   Allen is good enough to lift his receivers, but he can't do that if he's on his back.  

Resigning/extending Edmunds and Oliver would be money well spent to help keep the defense better than simply "mediocre".

12 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Davante Adams signed a 5 year, $140,000,000 contract with the Las Vegas Raiders, including a $19,250,000 signing bonus, $65,670,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $28,000,000.

How do you plan to sign Adams exactly?

With the same $30M he would have spent to sign Edmunds and Oliver !

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

Draft a WR in the first 2 rounds.

this !  We should have worked around in the draft to get George Pickens. He was the real deal in Round 2. 

Edited by ganesh
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.