Chargers - Mike Williams and Joey Bosa hurt in meaningless game

Big Blitz

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Remember when playing pickup football years ago, you would sometimes use the best player as 'official QB' for both teams?

Yep. We did that because there was one kid who was like the 12 year old Josh Allen - just bigger and better than everyone else, and it wouldn’t be fair or fun if only one side had him on their team

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Yep. We did that because there was one kid who was like the 12 year old Josh Allen - just bigger and better than everyone else, and it wouldn’t be fair or fun if only one side had him on their team

Ours went on to All WNY high school honours, and as a lineman in the Patriot League of the NCAA.  Well done, JJQ.

11 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

After the mind numbing choke job directed by the Chargers HC, who has the look of a dead man walking, it’s obvious he can’t keep his job. Sean Payton will accept the best coaching job, with Herbert and the assets in LA, if Denver doesn’t overpay and ***** him.

When you’re the Walton family, the term “overpay” is utterly meaningless as it applies to a coach (they don’t count against the salary cap).

Herbert isn’t clutch.  Staley is a fool.  And the Chargers fold like a beach chair.  

And for these reasons, I called a Jags comeback at halftime to all my Charger fans friends and even bet on it and they didn’t disappoint.  

Funny thing is, all of them expected it to happen too.  Chargers fans are now a lot like Bills fans were for a while where they expect the team to find new ways to lose games.  😂

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Herbert isn’t clutch.  Staley is a fool.  And the Chargers fold like a beach chair.  

And for these reasons, I called a Jags comeback at halftime to all my Charger fans friends and even bet on it and they didn’t disappoint.  

Funny thing is, all of them expected it to happen too.  Chargers fans are now a lot like Bills fans were for a while where they expect the team to find new ways to lose games.  😂

This needs to be the end of including Herbert in the same conversation as Allen, Mahomes and even Burrow.  He’s a good kid and a good QB but we can’t pretend he’s on the level of those other dudes.

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, FireChans said:

This needs to be the end of including Herbert in the same conversation as Allen, Mahomes and even Burrow.  He’s a good kid and a good QB but we can’t pretend he’s on the level of those other dudes.

I would wait to see if a coach really unleashes more of his abilities.  I really blame this loss on coaching decisions as Herbert looked very good in the first half. Look how bad Lawrence was looking , like a deer in the headlights bust under Urbans influence the prior season! 

( actually coming from a long time Buckeye fan.  I Thought Urban was not the mess as a person like he turned out to be and he was an atrocious NFL coach. Unfortunately for the Buckeyes, Day  has inherited some  of his arrogance but not continuing to beat Michigan two years in a row and blowing the lead in the Georgia game will prob get him one more year to flip things back , yet losing a heisman candidate qb is going to prove challenging. The Bucks have been atrocious on d under Day , who is an offensively minded coach. I think Harbaugh has his number tho and it was exactly opposite with Urban there. Sorry for getting off target with buckeye talk!) 

Pederson has literally done a 180 with Lawrence and the jags, so I think seeing Herbert under a coach like Peyton might really untapped Herbert’s full potential.  Look what Daboll has accomplished with the Giants qb and Allens development. Arguably , Allen has not had quite the same progression this year with the change to Dorsey. He is still right there with Mahomes, yet he has not  read defenses or game situations quite as well.   ( only basing this on his red zone issues and giving away certain points at times , even tho the team record has improved but I think Mcd has improved and Miller / great d was there for early season).  Allen didn’t really drop back as much if Dorsey hadn’t stayed, I just think his decision making can still progress, as it just may take  another year together to stabilize things and a year of experience for Dorsey to further develop imo. Coaching does influence production at the qb position watching as Tua progressed this year under a new head coach.  Hard to argue against coaching effects. 

Take away the unstable coaching for Herbert , place him with an experienced offensively minded quality head coach , and then I would be ready to see where Herbert finally fits, I suspect he will be right there with Mahomes , Allen, Burrows, Hurts , ( Purdy ?) , but above Tua because of versatility and durability.   I think he will still improve. 

10 minutes ago, DrPJax said:

I would wait to see if a coach really unleashes more of his abilities.  I really blame this loss on coaching decisions as Herbert looked very good in the first half. Look how bad Lawrence was looking , like a deer in the headlights bust under Urbans influence the prior season! 

( actually coming from a long time Buckeye fan.  I Thought Urban was not the mess as a person like he turned out to be and he was an atrocious NFL coach. Unfortunately for the Buckeyes, Day  has inherited some  of his arrogance but not continuing to beat Michigan two years in a row and blowing the lead in the Georgia game will prob get him one more year to flip things back , yet losing a heisman candidate qb is going to prove challenging. The Bucks have been atrocious on d under Day , who is an offensively minded coach. I think Harbaugh has his number tho and it was exactly opposite with Urban there. Sorry for getting off target with buckeye talk!) 

Pederson has literally done a 180 with Lawrence and the jags, so I think seeing Herbert under a coach like Peyton might really untapped Herbert’s full potential.  Look what Daboll has accomplished with the Giants qb and Allens development. Arguably , Allen has not had quite the same progression this year with the change to Dorsey. He is still right there with Mahomes, yet he has not  read defenses or game situations quite as well.   ( only basing this on his red zone issues and giving away certain points at times , even tho the team record has improved but I think Mcd has improved and Miller / great d was there for early season).  Allen didn’t really drop back as much if Dorsey hadn’t stayed, I just think his decision making can still progress, as it just may take  another year together to stabilize things and a year of experience for Dorsey to further develop imo. Coaching does influence production at the qb position watching as Tua progressed this year under a new head coach.  Hard to argue against coaching effects. 

Take away the unstable coaching for Herbert , place him with an experienced offensively minded quality head coach , and then I would be ready to see where Herbert finally fits, I suspect he will be right there with Mahomes , Allen, Burrows, Hurts , ( Purdy ?) , but above Tua because of versatility and durability.   I think he will still improve. 

Lawrence was a rookie, not a third year QB.

Coaching absolutely matters, and I'm not sure Herbert has the best coaching, as you say. But until that point, this guy is entering his 4th year as a QB, with 1 playoff appearance (and resulting in one of the biggest playoff chokes in NFL history).

For comparison, Joey B went to the Superbowl year two, Mahomes AFCCG year two and Superbowl year three, Allen went to the AFCCG year 3. 

Herbert ain't there. And I won't continue to pretend he's close until he is.

Edited by FireChans

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.