Anyone else watching other games & daydreaming about how much easier their QB's have it???

Billsfan1972

54 minutes ago, Mango said:

I think the Kurt Warner QB Confidential on Allen help explain a bit of that. I dislike how Warner chimes in with "I was never as talented as Allen" etc. But I do think a lot of his frustrations are similar to mine. Allen is a bit of a cheat code, so start there. But he attempts a lot of hard throws, and ignores a lot of easy ones. 

Yes agreed he tries the hard one, but there are never the easy one where a receiver is running wide open.

See Mahomes first & third highlight.  As soon as the ball was snapped you knew 84 was going to be wide open.  How much easier can it get?

Edited by Billsfan1972

3 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Yes agreed he tries the hard one, but there are never the easy one where a receiver is running wide open.

See Mahomes first & third highlight.  As soon as the ball was snapped you knew 84 was going to be wide open.  How much easier can it get?

I have it on my phone and the all-22, but Allen's throw to Davis against Chicago for a TD was a difficult throw and Shakir could have hopscotched his way in. 

As somebody who watches the A22 every week, there are a lot of open throws over looked for the big play. 

On 1/2/2023 at 7:53 AM, Billsfan1972 said:

Again watching TB & seems Brady has all day and receivers running open.  Stidham throwing for 360 vs. SF and Adams making great catches.  Mahomes a ho hum 330 yard game and again a lot of easy passes.  Goff and Prescott too.

Maybe I'm cherry picking, but I seem to see too many great catches & easy throws by QB's, whereas Josh Allen often seems to have to do it all.

Am I being too hypercritical of the Bills offense?

I have to agree. Not seeing a lot of dump offs to the flat, screens, or quick outs to RBs.  
Brady’s bread and butter has always been that quick rhythm…1,2,3 pass.   
Comparatively, Josh looks like he’s back there forever waiting and hoping for the open receiver before he rolls out (usually to his right) to buy more time. 
Is this on Josh? Does he spend too much time looking for the big downfield plays and missing open men for short yardage? Is it on Dorsey to get more creative? Where are the Jet sweeps and pulling guards (and Morse) on screens that were successful for the Dabol offenses?
Why, with a running threat like Josh are there not better designed RPOs? Mahomes has made a career of those cute shovel passes to Kelsey that catch a defender in the middle, having to choose between pursuing the mobile  Mahomes or covering the receiver. 

Just hope they’ve been saving this bag of tricks for the playoffs. 

Edited by SoMAn

On 1/2/2023 at 7:53 AM, Billsfan1972 said:

Again watching TB & seems Brady has all day and receivers running open.  Stidham throwing for 360 vs. SF and Adams making great catches.  Mahomes a ho hum 330 yard game and again a lot of easy passes.  Goff and Prescott too.

Maybe I'm cherry picking, but I seem to see too many great catches & easy throws by QB's, whereas Josh Allen often seems to have to do it all.

Am I being too hypercritical of the Bills offense?

Who?  I think you need need to watch the games not just the stats.  Allen has a full game less than Mahomes.  At the same time Buffalo has one of the best running games in the league currently.  Teams are terrified to bring up their safety because Allen will do what he did yesterday.  In 3 drives had a 49 and 50 yard Td in back to back drives.  On the 3rd had a 50 yarder dropped.

Buffalo will have to beat great teams to win it all.  Imo Kc doesnt provide Buffalo the same problems Miami does and what Kc use to.  There lateral and underneath style matches up to how Buffalo wants to play.  Cincy has a great play script but they slow down in the flow of game.  

Bills fans have seen the upper realms of what Allen and the offense is capable of.  The no punt game vs Ne.  That is something not other team is compared to.  Allen throws 3 tds 2 over 40 air yards but its not 300.  No kidding.  Buffalo lost 2 possessions because Hines accounted for 199 in return yards on his 2 tds.

• Agree 1

27 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Who?  I think you need need to watch the games not just the stats.  Allen has a full game less than Mahomes.  At the same time Buffalo has one of the best running games in the league currently.  Teams are terrified to bring up their safety because Allen will do what he did yesterday.  In 3 drives had a 49 and 50 yard Td in back to back drives.  On the 3rd had a 50 yarder dropped.

Buffalo will have to beat great teams to win it all.  Imo Kc doesnt provide Buffalo the same problems Miami does and what Kc use to.  There lateral and underneath style matches up to how Buffalo wants to play.  Cincy has a great play script but they slow down in the flow of game.  

Bills fans have seen the upper realms of what Allen and the offense is capable of.  The no punt game vs Ne.  That is something not other team is compared to.  Allen throws 3 tds 2 over 40 air yards but its not 300.  No kidding.  Buffalo lost 2 possessions because Hines accounted for 199 in return yards on his 2 tds.

This was posted January 2nd.  I watch TB and Brady's OL is fine (not perfect, but better than Buffalo's).  He has receivers running wide open and he has no mobility to buy time like Allen must often.  

Allen's two TD passes were one on the run, where he created busted coverage and the second he threw 65 yards on a line (sorry no other QB except maybe Mahomes does that). 

The Bills offence was good yesterday, but not great.  They scored 21 points (and yes Davis dropped a TD), along with a bad Int & Fumble.  These are mistakes they can't do vs. Cincy or KC (especially with the Bills Defence) 

Edited by Billsfan1972

2 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

This was posted January 2nd.  I watch TB and Brady's OL is fine (not perfect, but better than Buffalo's).  He has receivers running wide open and he has no mobility to buy time like Allen must often.  

Allen's two TD passes were one on the run, where he created busted coverage and the second he threw 65 yards on a line (sorry no other QB except maybe Mahomes does that). 

The Bills offence was good yesterday, but not great.  They scored 21 points (and yes Davis dropped a TD), along with a bad Int & Fumble.  These are mistakes they can't do vs. Cincy or KC (especially with the Bills Defence) 

Baltimore had 4 turnovers and Cincy scored 27 points.  Mahomes has been on fire.  This past month they needed every ounce of it to beat the mighty Bronocs and Texans.  My point many are picking out what they like about this and that team but dont ask why there numbers arent better than they are.  

3 hours ago, Mat68 said:

Plus they lost another possession in the 4th when NE's punt touched Jones(?) and NE recovered. Another possession was only 2 plays long, both runs, when Singletary fumbled. And Josh still would've had over 300 yards if Gabe doesn't drop a perfect 49 yard pass in the endzone towards the end of the game.

Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.