Why don’t the Bills DB’s “chuck” receivers?

Einstein

6 hours ago, Orlando Tim said:

Chucking recievers is generally used when you are doing man to man and leaving DBs on island. I do wonder if we will use it some this week on Higgins due to rotating the defense towards Chase who is scary good 

It's another reason they don't do it often at all. QBs can read it. The Bills don't like to give more pre-snap info than they have to.

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea Levi has admitted he played his assignment incorrectly. Doesn't mean the call was the right one, but there was definitely an execution break down.

Levi said when admitting what happened that it was the right call and if played right would have been stopped for a short gain.

8 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

it is amazing how Jaire Alexander has suddenly come out of nowhere. This guy talks the best trash and is seriously legit. Where has he been these last 5 years in the NFL?

The question should be where have you been for the last 5 years. Alexander has been good. 

1 hour ago, Thurman#1 said:

It's another reason they don't do it often at all. QBs can read it. The Bills don't like to give more pre-snap info than they have to.

Then show bump and bail. We do this pretty often. 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

15 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I’ve been trying to find where Levi admitted he played the coverage wrong. Does anyone know where he said it? This article and comments by Levi seem to indicate the exact opposite. That he played it as the coaches told him to.

9-D5-A759-F-06-C3-4-C6-C-8-F80-07253-B14

83-AF1248-D855-450-A-9-CE4-7007231-CF75-

We’ve all seen the video man.  It’s old news. 

11 minutes ago, NewEra said:

We’ve all seen the video man.  It’s old news. 

He admitted on video? Can you link me? I didn’t see and I can’t find it.

Levi’s comments in the article you quoted clearly contradict what you’re stating he said. 

24 minutes ago, Einstein said:

He admitted on video? Can you link me? I didn’t see and I can’t find it.

Levi’s comments in the article you quoted clearly contradict what you’re stating he said. 

He says that he took his teammates for granted.  He admitted that he didn’t know what his teammates were doing because he didn’t take 1 second pre snap to turn and look at where his teammates were aligned.  That misalignment threw off the entire play.  He hugged the sideline as if the chiefs had no timeouts.  Like a fool…..because he took things for granted prior to what will be the biggest play of his career.

28 minutes ago, NewEra said:

He says that he took his teammates for granted.  He admitted that he didn’t know what his teammates were doing because he didn’t take 1 second pre snap to turn and look at where his teammates were aligned.  That misalignment threw off the entire play.  He hugged the sideline as if the chiefs had no timeouts.  Like a fool…..because he took things for granted prior to what will be the biggest play of his career.

Thanks for finding the video. It seems to echo what he said in the article above. Only thing he took blame for was being too deep because he didn’t look at Poyer. I thought by your comment earlier that he admitted more than that.

As the article above stated, he says he played it as the coaches drew up and he only wishes he looked at Poyers depth.

6 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

The question should be where have you been for the last 5 years. Alexander has been good. 

Then show bump and bail. We do this pretty often. 

Showing bump and bailing tells the same thing that showing bump and bumping does. Unless you're bailing way before the snap, and if you're doing that, why bother.

• Disagree 1

2 hours ago, Einstein said:

I’ve been trying to find where Levi admitted he played the coverage wrong. Does anyone know where he said it? This article and comments by Levi seem to indicate the exact opposite. That he played it as the coaches told him to.

9-D5-A759-F-06-C3-4-C6-C-8-F80-07253-B14

83-AF1248-D855-450-A-9-CE4-7007231-CF75-

That shaded bit is nonsense. Wallace did this interview long after he was a Pittsburgh Steeler.

The interviewer even asks if it's OK to ask about this.

25 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Thanks for finding the video. It seems to echo what he said in the article above. Only thing he took blame for was being too deep because he didn’t look at Poyer. I thought by your comment earlier that he admitted more than that.

As the article above stated, he says he played it as the coaches drew up and he only wishes he looked at Poyers depth.

And again, no. He wasn't too deep. He specifically said he was too far outside. Yes, he should have looked at Poyer's depth, but didn't. No, that does not automatically mean that he was adjusting his own depth.  He was defending mostly the outside, as the film shows. Poyer was way too deep to cover the inside on that play, he was covering only against a Hail Mary. "We have to defend outside, and we have to defend that little bang route that he ran." He says that if he'd known Poyer was that deep, he "would have scooted in or I'd have pressed it." 

And, when you google "Levi Wallace 13 seconds", it's like seven of the first ten links to come up. Google is your friend.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Lol…… I should have known better than to engage.

/disengage

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

That wasn’t a chuck (or a chuck attempt). Tre just extended 1 arm out in press.

It's because he was beat and keeping Tre off balance.  Do you honestly think Tre was just trying to put on hand on him to guide him?....what does accomplish in press?

You're trying to knock him off his route.  Tre got beat.  

33 minutes ago, NewEra said:

/disengage

Yeah I'm out too.

• Haha (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

That shaded bit is nonsense. Wallace did this interview long after he was a Pittsburgh Steeler.

So you’re ignoring what Levi actually said in favor of what you think he meant?

And again, no. He wasn't too deep. He specifically said he was too far outside. Yes, he should have looked at Poyer's depth, but didn't. 

He said he ran it the way the coaches drew up, but if he had looked at Poyer he would have altered.

And, when you google "Levi Wallace 13 seconds", it's like seven of the first ten links to come up. Google is your friend.

I did google. I googled “levi wallace admits he played assignment incorrectly”. What DID come up is Levi Wallace saying be played it the way the coaches wanted him to.

677-DD83-D-D8-CF-49-AB-8-A93-CAA6-AED1-A

37 minutes ago, NewEra said:

/disengage

That’s a good idea. Especially if you’re going to ignore Levi Wallace saying he did what the coaches told him to do.

“Let me ignore what Levi Wallace actually said in favor of an obscure video from 8 months ago where he talks about not looking at Poyer”

Edited by Einstein

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.