Why don’t the Bills DB’s “chuck” receivers?

Einstein

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Yes, he was saying if he saw Poyer line up deeper than he should have, then Wallace would have changed his alignment to fix Poyers mistake. That’s exactly what he was alluding to even if you don’t want to believe it.

- He did not say he lined up deeper than he should have.  You don't know it was Poyer's mistake.  You are making this up.  

What I said above. Wallace is telling you should he have changed his alignment if he knew Poyer made the mistake of going too deep.

- You are making this up.

This comment indicates to me that you didn’t actually read what I wrote, but instead just skimmed it.

I didn’t post screen shots of how they should have aligned, I posted screenshots of how they DID align. On multiple plays. And even after a timeout where the coaches had the opportunity to fix Wallace’s alignment if they didn’t like it.

- You don't know what free reign or adjustments the players are allowed to make.  All you know is Wallace said he should have turned and looked at Poyer.

That can happen, of course. But the reason we know it didn’t happen in this situation is because of 3 straight plays of the same alignment. If Wallace (or any other defender) was off, then they were off for 3 straight plays. And the Bills called a timeout and apparently didn’t feel like fixing it?

You’re the decider of that?

- Are you?  You made a claim too right?

That’s ironic coming from you. You are constantly going around the board looking for “gotcha” moments. 

- Why do you think people argue with you constantly?  Its in almost every thread and it's usually multiple people.  Are we just all too stubborn to see you are always right?  

18 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

He did not say he lined up deeper than he should have.  You don't know it was Poyer's mistake.  You are making this up.

Yeah, players never come outright and say it. They allude to it. It’s been this way since the dawn of the NFL. Actually, more like the last 20 years. Before that, players were a bit more forthcoming with criticism.

You are making this up.

If reading between the lines is making things up, then there is no point to this forum as most posts are “made up”. This current regime especially tells us nothing and it’s all coach speak. We have to read between the lines and look at tape to determine. 

And in this case the tape says a whole lot.

You don't know what free reign or adjustments the players are allowed to make.  All you know is Wallace said he should have turned and looked at Poyer.

This is the same fallacy you keep repeating.

”we don’t KNOW for sure”

Someone should tell Cover1 and PFF to go out of business since the team didn’t specifically tell them that what they’re analyzing is right or wrong so they can’t know for 100% sure.

I have posted numerous screenshots that paint a very clear picture with the same formation on 3 consecutive downs with a timeout in-between and no changes to Levi’s placement but you want to ignore that. It hasn’t gone unnoticed.

And then in the exact same situation the following year the coaching staff COMPLETELY changes the defensive alignment. It is so obvious what happened.

Why do you think people argue with you constantly?  Its in almost every thread and it's usually multiple people.  Are we just all too stubborn to see you are always right?  

I average 0.84 positive rep points per post. You average 0.9 positive rep points per post. Practically identical.

As far as being argued with a lot, you probably have that perception because you are always looking to argue with me. You and a couple others on here like to pick on my posts but 99% of the rest of the forum doesn’t.

And that fact is proven by my positive reputation according to the forum software (much more likes and agreement than dislikes).

But because you feel the need to constantly seek out my post and argue with me over petty stuff, it has painted your perception of me negatively. But the stats don’t back up your views.

Edited by Einstein

12 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Yeah, players never come outright and say it. They allude to it. It’s been this way since the dawn of the NFL. Actually, more like the last 20 years. Before that, players were a bit more forthcoming with criticism.

- So you made it up because he didn't say it.  You are using your speculation as fact.  And the article, he didn't allude that it was Poyers fault.  He never said "Poyer was too deep."  

If reading between the lines is making things up, then there is no point to this forum as most posts are “made up”. This current regime especially tells us nothing and it’s all coach speak. We have to read between the lines and look at tape to determine. 

And in this case the tape says a whole lot.

You feel what you interpret reading between the lines is accurate all the time.

How well are you at breaking down tape of defensive alignments?  How experienced are you?

This is the same fallacy you keep repeating.

”we don’t KNOW for sure”

Someone should tell Cover1 and PFF to go out of business since the team didn’t specifically tell them that what they’re analyzing is right or wrong so they can’t know for 100% sure.

- Great.  PFF right now has Andy Dalton as the 5th best QB this year.  Coming off of a top 5 performance according to PFF and being a free agent...he's going to get a large contract somewhere.  I hope he doesn't go to the Jets, I don't want them to have a top 5 PFF QB next year.  

And I like Cover 1, they can give you a general idea and do a nice job.  But they can't tell you everything.  All we know is Wallace said he didn't turn and look but we aren't allowed to use that because he's not telling the truth according to you.  

12 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Inposted numerous screenshots that paint a very clear picture with the same formation on 3 consecutive downs with a timeout in-between and no changes to Levi’s placement but you want to ignore that. It hasn’t gone unnoticed.

I average 0.84 positive rep points per post. You average 0.9 positive rep points per post. Practically identical.

As far as being argued with a lot, you probably have that perception because you are always looking to argue with me. You and a couple others on here like to pick on my posts but 99% of the rest of the forum doesn’t.

And that fact is proven by my positive reputation according to the forum software (much more likes and agreement than dislikes).

- Every single poster on this board has more likes than dislikes.  FilthyBeast has more likes than dislikes and has an Excellent reputation.  Congrats on your participation trophy.   

But because you feel the need to constantly seek out my post and argue with me over petty stuff, it has painted your perception of me negatively. But the stats don’t back up your views.

21 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I feel fortunate to not be this oblivious. 

Do you go around life insulting everyone you meet or just those you feel deserve to be insulted because they don’t agree with you?

21 minutes ago, teef said:

what the ***** is going on here?

A disagreement about what happened during 13 Seconds and the typical insults that come from it. 

7 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Do you go around life insulting everyone you meet or just those you feel deserve to be insulted because they don’t agree with you?

A disagreement about what happened during 13 Seconds and the typical insults that come from it. 

It’s not an insult. 

2 minutes ago, teef said:

It is a volatile subject. 

It is.

But there is truly no football subject that would cause me to insult an other human being. It’s just not worth it. I’d rather leave the discuss altogether than do that.

Have a good day Teef! 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.