Merry Christmas, Bills family!

Bad Things

Merry Christmas, everyone! 

My kids have gone to their mom's home for the day, I've gone to the liquor cabinet, and after I say hello to the friendly ladies of XHamster, I'll be watching NFL football by myself on this holiest of days!

Living the divorced-dad dream. 

[If you've got a good woman, or man, don't mess it up, btw.]

• Like (+1) 1

We have a neighbor who is constantly snowblowing the older people out in the neighborhood once he does his own driveway. 

Noticed he had not come out yet this morning, 4 of us neighbors who were all out snowblowing at the same time came together and all went and snowblowed him out for once...

He came out as we were doing it and we all yelled "Merry Xmas!". He almost started crying...

This isn't to shine a light on what we did, this is to shine a light on people like him. Squirrel Winters is now famous in this area for what he did for Allen but every neighborhood has a Squirrel Winters and the reason why it resonated so much for people in WNY is because everyone can relate to him since they all know someone just like him in their neighborhood.

Outsiders wonder why so many people are drawn to WNY and the community we have and it's because the things that are viewed as extraordinary in other places are routine here. Not to say there aren't problem here, there are. But one thing you'll almost never hear about on the news here is someone found dead in their house that has been there for several days or a week or more and neighbors had no idea...here the neighbors would be banging on the door after a day or two of not seeing them or seeing mail in the mailbox untouched.  We look after our own and that's missing almost completely in every other place I've lived.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.