The Bills won last night because.... (karma reasons only)

Just Jack

I kind of feel like I went above and beyond on Saturday to help the Bills win and I'm starting to think I might deserve a Super Bowl ring when they win it in January.

Saturday morning started with swapping out my holiday/winter flag with my Bills flag.

After going out to a nice lunch, my girlfriend and I spent the afternoon baking Christmas cookies and dog biscuits.  We did this at her place, so I planned ahead and brought my normal weekly Bills apparel (red Fred Jackson t-shirt to be worn underneath my Josh Allen jersey).

After lunch, we even went to the supermarket to grab a few ingredients for baking.  I had my list in my pocket, which was a short list.  I could have easily gotten what I needed while we were there, but a) I was not alone and b) I was not wearing my Bills attire.

So after baking, it was time to don me my Bills apparel and get ready to head to the supermarket.  Alone.  To get things I could have gotten hours earlier.

Lots of pre-planning and extra trips in order to keep things alive.  It was all my pleasure and ... you're welcome.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I stopped buying dolphin safe tuna and instead started specifically seeking out "dolphin mix" tuna.

I'm glad it was karmically beneficial for the Bills... but I'm a little worried about the transient karmic impact. I'm not superstitious, but I'm a little stitious.

Edited by transient
karmic realization
  • Like (+1) 1

3am- I take a visit to Mescaline city USA

3:45am- I start smelling colors and I'm pretty sure my dog started singing the Beatles' Let it Be in backwards Cantonese

12pm- The previous event repeated itself on an endless loop, only to be stopped after the combination of Shrooms and PCP kicked things into high gear

8pm- I emerged as the Lizard King I was always destined to be

You're all welcome

Late to the party here, sorry.  Yet, a quick check-in on this awesome prompt. So in the spirit of a growth mindset, not only did I crush wings the night before and day of the game (so grateful the game was at 8:15pm), but I went to the game. Yep, drove from the midwest to WNY and soaked in all that is good with WNY. 

This stated here are a few quick random thoughts:

(1) I had Diggs' hot sauce, actually not bad.  I have had worse. Simply not as bad as some have said it.

(2) BarBils wings are on another level; sure I can appreciate the differing views of others on this topic, but I have had wings in a lot of states at a lot of places and for me and my palate BarBils is in the top 2 of wings places.

(3) Relatedly, Legend Larry's in Sheboygan, WI is still my all-time favorite.  Trust me, those of you that happen to find yourself in east central WI, go there.

(4) I am still a bit curious how "Bills fans" (yes, intentional quotes) think it is (a) funny (b) appropriate or (c) rebellious to throw snowballs on the field when we are on Offense in the red zone.  Really?

(5) Similarly, the cheering when we were on offense in our redzone (more around the 5-10 yd line) is equally baffling to me.  Me thinks some "fans" are not really fans or not that smart or some combo of the two.

Disclaimer, yes clearly a Phins fan or two threw snow balls, yep got it. But I was there and can state with some degree of certainty the vast majority of snowball throwers were Bills fans.

(6) Still not a big fan of fighting in the stands. Saw a hugely drunk Bills "fan" try to provoke a very polite Phins fan, security was called and it ended in Bills fans (decent) defending the Phins fan and then fighting with another Bills fan. So, Bills fan on Bills fan over a Phins fan.  Christ we are a dumb bunch sometimes.

NOTE as someone who goes to away games to support the Bills, I absolutely hate that we treat other fans poorly. Hate it. If you ever go to an away game you know how stupid it is to treat visitors poorly. You know the whole "shoe is on the other foot" fable. I have been to SD, HOU, IND, Green Bay, Chicago, and STL and feel some Bills fans could learn a thing or two from opposing teams fans.

(7) On a positive note, watching fans toss the snow upward after a huge play (so, a TD) was an AWESOME sight to behold....that is Bills fans at their best.

(8) Generally speaking Bills fans are awesome and the tailgating is strong and it is always heart warming to be welcomed to a tailgate by complete strangers when they see our license plate from the midwest.....though, I was in full Bills attire and still got "You a Bills fan?" when learning I came from the Midwest......slightly puzzling, but I attribute that to liquor.  And yes, as I type that I should attribute much of the above to liquor. 

In sum, still doing my part, growing by the week, and have plans to keep eating wings and attending games until this awesome ride ends!

Edited by IndyMark
  • Like (+1) 1

I'm trying to get ahead of the next Karma thread.

As we all know, the Bills are playing on Christmas Eve at 1pm.

Here's my situation:  When I don me my Bills apparel, this consists of my trusty Fred Jackson red t-shirt and my blue Allen jersey.  As of now, the plan is to go to my parents' house at around 2pm.  No problem.  They'll have the game on and couldn't care less what I wear.

But we'll be leaving there by around 3 or 3:30 to head to my girlfriend's family's house for their party.  I haven't seen most of these people since last Christmas Eve.  We've only been dating for a little over a year and a half.  I'm sure my girlfriend will tell me that they won't give a crap if I'm wearing a Bills jersey and they won't have a problem with putting the game on TV.

But I'm still hesitant.  More about the jersey than the game.

Based on what she says, I'll either just wear the jersey OR put a sweater on over it, which will look stupid because it'll hang down below the sweater if I don't tuck it in.  If I tuck it in, I'll be uncomfortable and I'm gonna be uncomfortable already, because I'll have 20 f*cking layers of clothes on inside a cozy house.

AND I need to find time to run to the grocery store.

Why the hell would God plan for a birth during football season??  He's GOD.  He could have done this during that small window when there's no sports!!

4 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

Based on what she says, just wear the jersey. Let 'em know who you are.

That actually crossed my mind.  The family is VERY cool.  I don't think most of them are big sports/football fans, but I do know that my girlfriend's son is a huge football fan and he'll definitely want to watch the games.  I'll have this figured out tonight.

• Like (+1) 1

So…the Bills won because I morally supported them by flying to Montana to freeze my rear end off (AZ weather is the best) and pushed it over edge by drinking a bit of shine, ate some wings and finally threw snowballs at dune Chief fans (all that was around 🤷🏼‍♂️).

Not the most spectacular but I did what I could.

6 hours ago, WhoTom said:

Based on what she says, just wear the jersey. Let 'em know who you are.

As expected, my girlfriend said to wear the jersey and no one would bat an eye.  However, watching the rest of the game might be a challenge.  Only one TV on the main floor and they use it to pump Christmas music.  But I can watch it from my phone.  Hopefully the game is in hand by the Bills by then and it's less of a concern.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.