Fun fact about Marv Levy

Dan Darragh

19 minutes ago, Dan Darragh said:

Did you know that Marv got recruited to Wyoming as a defensive back? He attended Wyoming for one semester before transferring to Coe because the coach who recruited him to Wyo left and he couldn't stand the new coach.

So the Wyo-Buf connection has deeper roots than I had realized.

That is a wild fact. Glad that the Marv era Bills and today’s team have one more thing in common. Thanks for posting.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

29 minutes ago, Dan Darragh said:

Did you know that Marv got recruited to Wyoming as a defensive back? He attended Wyoming for one semester before transferring to Coe because the coach who recruited him to Wyo left and he couldn't stand the new coach.

DD, as a lover of obscure facts, thank you!  That is awesome.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Dan Darragh said:

Well in Yellowstone Park there this sign is common.  Another connection in ref to Wyo-Buffalo 😄

0803DC96-4FFC-44B1-AC22-B40B205F2DD1.jpeg

Edited by Another Fan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Dan Darragh said:

Hard for me to imagine anyone that Marv can't get along with.  The replacement coach must have been an 'over-officious jerk'.

3 minutes ago, Dan Darragh said:

He said they were on football football football 24 hours a day and he didn't have time to study.  Good ol' Marv.

Is there an interview or transcript available?  Never can get enough Marv Levy.

Marv Levy was supposed to be our guest of honor at our annual tailgate;  then COVID situation ruined it and he was not travelling - Marv did not have COVID.

I sometimes handle guests (agents contact me); Andre is one I brought in.

Tailgate-with-Andre-Reed-Charlie-Taylor.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Is there an interview or transcript available?  Never can get enough Marv Levy.

Levy originally was recruited to play football at Wyoming. He lasted one semester.

"It was 24 hours a day," he said. "You'd come back and look at film, do this, do that. There was no time to study."

A high school teammate, Dudley Simpson, sold Levy on Coe, telling him he could play sports and still have time to be a good student.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/sports/1/01/01/marv-levy-named-iowa-sports-hall-of-fame/2971611/

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.