Musk’s follies

BillStime

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

8000 employees to support a largely stable platform definitely feels like a bloated number.

Time will tell if 1500 is the right size, but I suspect he's not too far off the mark.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, yall said:

8000 employees to support a largely stable platform definitely feels like a bloated number.

Time will tell if 1500 is the right size, but I suspect he's not too far off the mark.

Would it be a stretch of the imagination to consider that many of the other 6,500 employees were tasked with performing censorship and monitoring duties based on the firms previous arrangements with State intelligence services and other government agencies?

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Would it be a stretch of the imagination to consider that many of the other 6,500 employees were tasked with performing censorship and monitoring duties based on the firms previous arrangements with State intelligence services and other government agencies?

Maybe?

I guess before I chimed in with an opinion on that I'd wanna know the growth rate of their employee base. Was there a dramatic spike that correlated with known dates on content moderation? Or was it just natural bloat over time in a "hip" silicon valley company that paid developers to play foosball?

• Like (+1) 1