Is Buffalo now considered the most intimidating/hardest stadium to play in for opponents?

Another Fan

8 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Outdoor stadiums are known to be the loudest. Not domes. I think it's due to the reverberation in the dome causing some noise to cancel itself out. I'm no expert, though.

Air conditions actively affect sound waves. Colder air makes sound travel further but slower (resting state of atoms). Sound waves actually bend away from heat and back towards the ground -field- which benefits the home team. Humidity by contrast makes sound travel faster due to increased density from microscopic water droplets. WNY weather has an interesting combination where the cold lengthens the wave -distance- of sound while the lake effect humidity can speed up the travel while the heat dissipation from fans makes sound waves amplify around the field itself. Seattle benefits from that combination as well due to the North Pacific weather.

Edited by Buffalo Junction
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Probably...I will say even though the fans might make the most noise, it is not the loudest place but that is due to how it is made with the seats going out at a lower upward slope than other stadiums and obviously not being in a dome.  The loudest place I ever was was the Houston playoff game, when they were coming back and made some big plays that place was insane due to its design.

Sure they weren't piping noise in? They do it in domes...

I think in the modern NFL where teams don't practice as often during the season, have fancy indoor practice facilities and are generally weenies, game-time weather conditions aren't the advantage they used to be. Crowd noise on the other hand, can be.

I hate to say it, I really do ha ha, but fans make more noise in Seattle and KC. Still, few teams like to play in Winter weather - and that likely includes many Bills player ha ha, but at least they are used to it.

Now let's ice the Fins' bench and turn up the AC in their locker room., for what they did to the Bills earlier.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.