How is Josh Allen's Health Actually?

Wizard

8 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

I think he’s fine.  We’ve played some pretty good defenses, and our OC today called a horrible game.

He has called multiple terrible games.  Seems he is always looking for the big play versus taking what the defense is allowing.   The fins will be bringing folks from all over the place so the quick hitting passes are gonna be key along with running the ball.   jets coach believes they will be seeing Buffalo again this season and that defense scares me.   The OC has to start figuring out how to get the ball spread around better as well as quick hits.

11 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

He literally threw a bomb to Brown on the first possession and also completed one to Diggs vs NE but it was called back for a hold. Do people watch the games? And do people watxh what NE and The Jets were doing in their secondary?

Josh looked fine yesterday.  We dropped at least 5 well thrown passes.  The throw down the sideline to McKenzie was perfect.  Knox played well, but it would have been nice if he caught the contested pass on the last drive when we were trying to run out the clock.  Singletary should not be on the field in any passing situations.  Stone hands.  Ugh!  Weather looked lousy on TV.  And our O line was garbage.  Dawkins 3 holding penalties and a false start.  Seriously!!  That is awful.  Josh will do what he has to at any given moment in the game to make plays.  But its a team game, and everyone has to bring their A game every week if we are going to win the Bowl.  

A shout out to the defense.  They were tough and played strong the entire game.  Great to see all the D lineman stepping up without Von.  

• Like (+1) 1

Browns, Lions, Patriots, Jets....all scrappy teams the play physical.  Lets not forget dealing with a snow storm, flu, no practice for a couple weeks, a game moved.  I know the Lions are bad on defense but they have been much better as of late.  The Jets and Patriots have elite defenses.   I think Josh is close to 100%, he does not seem limited.

btw:  The bills have 2 turnovers in those 4 games and they WON THEM ALL.  Three of them were away and one was home in crappy weather.  

I think they have focused heavily on not turning it over and that has resulted in less spectacular output, for me, I am focused on winning and not stats as much.  There are always things to work on and I trust they will do that.

Edited by Matt_In_NH
  • Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, BillsFan692 said:

Josh just looks like josh to me you guys expect too much he has a lot of guys around him dropping balls and coaches who have neutered him over the past 3 weeks.

He isnt taking as much chances and hes gun shy on throws because the coaches done told his ass NO MORE TURNOVERS.

Classic mcdermott ball really. 

Hopefully the coaches will instead try to give him back some reigns and some confidence and unleash "the beast" for the playoffs. Allen at his best when the coaches are giving him the freedom to cook

You cant cry about turn overs forever the coaches on this team are brutal sometimes, then again they the best we had in a long time so we should probably all just shut up and enjoy the josh allen experience lol

The bolded is speculation.  Though I'm sure you're right: people talked to Josh about ball security.

But how much of this goes back to his elbow?  How many picks were the result of the UCL?  We may never know but certainly some were.

And how much does Josh trust his elbow?  If he's damaged, he's not going to admit it publicly and inform our opponents.  But maybe he has a twinge of pain effecting his release on 1 of 3 throws.  1 of 5.  That might make him 'gun shy' too.  

• Agree 1

If we would have just cut the amount of drops in half yesterday, then Josh finishes 20/27 with around 220 yards in pretty crummy weather.  Not lighting the world on fire, but not bad against a Jets secondary that very well might be the best in the NFL.

3 hours ago, Matt_In_NH said:

I think they have focused heavily on not turning it over and that has resulted in less spectacular output, for me, I am focused on winning and not stats as much.  There are always things to work on and I trust they will do that.

Yep.  I was saying after the Minny game, if they just stopped turning the ball over and learned to accept the occasional field goal try instead of playing hero ball for TDs, the team would get back to it's winning ways.  That's mostly been the case.  The only game that we were on the cusp of losing during this stretch was Detroit and that was the game where we turned the ball over in the red zone.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.