I thought 10-3 would feel better...

Inigo Montoya

8 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

And you look in a bubble based on Average Points.  The Bills are not an average opponent.  They should be scoring well above the average the Jets allow (okay am not bringing up weather, which played a part), but the Bills offense was bad yesterday outside the 2 TD drives (aided mightily by that great offside call and a 20 yard PI).  The other two drives were 25 & 21 yards (yep McKenzie too dropped another 3rd down).   

Talk about inconsistent.    

The Bills are 4th in offensive scoring and 2nd in defensive scoring.  They are well above average in both areas.

Do you not have basic understanding of averages?

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The Broncos defense is good. Nobody is arguing about the Broncos defense. The Broncos offense is horrific and put up almost double their seasonal average against the Chiefs. 

And the Broncos did it on only 320 yards offense and for once they converted in the redzone, which has been their issue all year.  They went 42, 60, 75 & 75 yards and were 4 for 4 in the redzone.  They had a good game.

17 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

After beating the Jets today the Bills are 10-3 and in the lead in the AFCE and sitting as the #1 seed in the AFC.  If you had taken a poll here at the start of the season and asked if we would take those stats heading into week 15 of the season, I think it would be 80/20 in favor of it.

Recognizing the Bills are sitting in a very good position right now, why does it feel like this has been a really rough season?

Maybe it's the constant parade of injuries?  The bad loses to the Phins, Jets, and Vikings?  Maybe the fact that we haven't seen the Bills' offense find that gear that they ended the season in last season?  Or maybe it's because the Bills have left themselves no room for error going forward if they want to win the division and the #1 seed?

I'm not complaining about where the BIlls are sitting at right now, I just imagined 10-3 would feel a whole lot better than it does. 

I would kill for the Jets to be 10-3. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Billsfan1972 said:

And the Broncos did it on only 320 yards offense and for once they converted in the redzone, which has been their issue all year.  They went 42, 60, 75 & 75 yards and were 4 for 4 in the redzone.  They had a good game.

Ah so when the Chiefs D underperforms the Broncos O had a good game.

When the Bills underperforms the Jets D is an irrelevance.

This is exactly what I am talking about. Logical inconsistency. When anyone else is bad there is a caveat. When the Bills are bad its just their fault.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Ah so when the Chiefs D underperforms the Broncos O had a good game.

When the Bills underperforms the Jets D is an irrelevance.

This is exactly what I am talking about. Logical inconsistency. When anyone else is bad there is a caveat. When the Bills are bad its just their fault.

I really only care about the Bills and they have underperformed.  They had <250 yards vs. NYJ at home.  That is bad.

KC's Defense did not underperform.  They held the Broncos to 320 yards.  What the Broncos did, which they've struggled all year was score TD's in the Redzone.

I'll give you KC's defense underperformed in the redzone if that helps.

Edited by Billsfan1972

1 minute ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I really only care about the Bills and they have underperformed.  They had <250 yards vs. NYJ at home.  That is bad.

KC's Defense did not underperform.  They held the Broncos to 320 yards.  What the Broncos did, which they've struggled all year was score TD's in the Redzone.

I'll give you KC's defense underperformed in the redzone.

How is that so hard to admit.

you know...if enough good posters, (not including myself at all here) told me my thinking was flawed, and gave me sound, logical reasons as to why this was the case, i'd probably listen.  i wouldn't think these posters are after me, but rather just trying to show me a different way of looking at things.  i wouldn't be angry, feel victimized, or doubtful.  that's just me though.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

How is that so hard to admit.

When the Bills gave up 307 yards to the Jets, you said the Bills defense was shredded!

But the Broncos put up 320 yards, KC's defense didn't underperform??

So now we can't use total score.  We have to use total yards.  But then we have to separate redzone now.

Holy!

1 minute ago, teef said:

you know...if enough good posters, (not including myself at all here) told me my thinking was flawed, and gave me sound, logical reasons as to why this was the case, i'd probably listen.  i wouldn't think these posters are after me, but rather just trying to show me a different way of looking at things.  i wouldn't be angry, feel victimized, or doubtful.  that's just me though.

It's past bizarre now.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I am sorry the Chiefs defense sucked yesterday. The yardage number (a result of short fields) is STILL worse than Denver's season average. They were awful. It was the opposite of getting the job done on that side of the ball. 

I have agreed with you that the Bills offensive performance was an underperformance. 

The point is week by week across the league teams underperform on one side of the ball or other. The good teams find a way to win regardless like the Bills and Chiefs did yesterday. 

That isn't to say that there isn't legitimate reason to be concerned about a Bills O that has only been middle of the league since the Green Bay game. There is. But there is hardly a team in the league that feels like it is rolling without problems right now. Maybe the Eagles do but I suspect their schedule may be lulling them into a false sense of security.

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

When the Bills gave up 307 yards to the Jets, you said the Bills defense was shredded!

But the Broncos put up 320 yards, KC's defense didn't underperform??

So now we can't use total score.  We have to use total yards.  But then we have to separate redzone now.

Holy!

It's past bizarre now.

Yes Wilson moved the Ball and was benched the following week (or was it two).  The Jets won the game because they kept the Bills off the field.  

And yes Denver converted in the Redzone, which they have been terrible at all year.  So I gave them credit.  However they still lost.

NYJ beat the Bills, primarily due to controlling the ball the second half.  Did you watch the game?????

1 minute ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Yes Wilson moved the Ball and was benched the following week (or was it two).  The Jets won the game because they kept the Bills off the field.  

And yes Denver converted in the Redzone, which they have been terrible at all year.  So I gave them credit.  However they still lost.

NYJ beat the Bills, primarily due to controlling the ball the second half.  Did you watch the game?????

Your ability to miss points is incredible.

You specifically bring up total yards as a reason KC defense didn’t play that bad.  The Bills gave up less yards and less points than the Jets.  But the Bills were shredded and KC didn’t play that bad.

6 minutes ago, Bleedingreennc said:

QB is and will always be our problem.

White should start for the rest of the season assuming he is healthy. Wilson should be the backup. Flacco at this point is done. Next year I could see an open competition for the starters job between White and Wilson.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I am sorry the Chiefs defense sucked yesterday. The yardage number (a result of short fields) is STILL worse than Denver's season average. They were awful. It was the opposite of getting the job done on that side of the ball. 

I have agreed with you that the Bills offensive performance was an underperformance. 

The point is week by week across the league teams underperform on one side of the ball or other. The good teams find a way to win regardless like the Bills and Chiefs did yesterday. 

That isn't to say that there isn't legitimate reason to be concerned about a Bills O that has only been middle of the league since the Green Bay game. There is. But there is hardly a team in the league that feels like it is rolling without problems right now. Maybe the Eagles do but I suspect their schedule may be lulling them into a false sense of security.

This is a guy that once stated that the 2007 Patriots dominated every team they played.  Also stated there have been a few teams in NFL history that have dominated every single team they played.  He literally said this.

• Eyeroll 1

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Your ability to miss points is incredible.

You specifically bring up total yards as a reason KC defense didn’t play that bad.  The Bills gave up less yards and less points than the Jets.  But the Bills were shredded and KC didn’t play that bad.

The Bills are winning so the people that love to post on here when they lose are desperate for attention and post any amazingly dumb opinion to get it.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Fine the Bills have taken care of business the last 4 weeks.  Happy?????😝

Now, was that so hard.

12 minutes ago, Justin C said:

The Bills are winning so the people that love to post on here when they lose are desperate for attention and post any amazingly dumb opinion to get it.

image.png.eb732b3a15f303c46f06e2c62c0103b4.png

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.