Two Bills Drive appreciation

gtw3

As I have mentioned before, I am in the military and am currently deployed so I have limited internet hours and limited access to content during that time.  One thing that I have access to, and loads up fairly consistently, is this website and other forums.  Likely because they are mostly text and not a lot of images.    So I spend a lot of my free time browsing ours and other team's forums and I just want to say that this fan forum is one of the best ones in the league.  There are so many people who contribute frequently (for better or worse haha).   Almost all threads get significant views and responses.  Our mods are active.  Game day threads are like clockwork.  I go to some other team's forums and it isn't the case at all.

We may not always agree with each other on our topics but we should all agree that we have a pretty great thing here in this forum.    

I know this may come across as a LAMP post but that honestly isn't the intent. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 7

42 minutes ago, gtw3 said:

As I have mentioned before, I am in the military and am currently deployed so I have limited internet hours and limited access to content during that time.  One thing that I have access to, and loads up fairly consistently, is this website and other forums.  Likely because they are mostly text and not a lot of images.    So I spend a lot of my free time browsing ours and other team's forums and I just want to say that this fan forum is one of the best ones in the league.  There are so many people who contribute frequently (for better or worse haha).   Almost all threads get significant views and responses.  Our mods are active.  Game day threads are like clockwork.  I go to some other team's forums and it isn't the case at all.

We may not always agree with each other on our topics but we should all agree that we have a pretty great thing here in this forum.    

I know this may come across as a LAMP post but that honestly isn't the intent. 

What a time we live in, you're blessed. When I was deployed, I got a newspaper a week late telling me of the Bills losing in the super bowl, again.

Fun times ;)

TY for your service

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

What a time we live in, you're blessed. When I was deployed, I got a newspaper a week late telling me of the Bills losing in the super bowl, again.

Fun times ;)

TY for your service

Yes.  It really is remarkable.  I have been in since '04 and it has come a long ways even since then. When the internet is open to all-hands I typically have 1 tab open on facebook messenger talking to the wife and another open on this site, binging all of my Bills info until the internet cuts out again. 

it can get pretty intense onboard too because we all come from different places and have such varied rooting interests.   So watching the games can be an adventure haha.

4 minutes ago, EffKCChiefs said:

How many of you came from the BBMB? It got shut down some years back. It was a wild place. I appreciate the football conversation (for the most part) on TBD. 

Not sure about BBMB.  I have seen it mentioned on here multiple times though.  i assume BBMB was Buffalo Bills Message Board? 

I know I have been a lurker on this forum for years and decided to start getting involved this year.

1 hour ago, EffKCChiefs said:

How many of you came from the BBMB? It got shut down some years back. It was a wild place. I appreciate the football conversation (for the most part) on TBD. 

I came from there. I was devastated when it shut down with basically no warning. But it worked out well cause this site is ran much much better 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Fun times ;)

TY for your service

Funny how much times have changed. When I was in, we didn't have digital cameras so I basically have no photos of me in the Army besides a few from basic, doing dumb things, etc. Now people have GoPro's. Yea, the newspaper. I would get mailed clips from my Oklahoma State Cowboys and the Bills from my parents and (then) wife. That was all we got and were sooooo thankful! lol 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, ArdmoreRyno said:

Funny how much times have changed. When I was in, we didn't have digital cameras so I basically have no photos of me in the Army besides a few from basic, doing dumb things, etc. Now people have GoPro's. Yea, the newspaper. I would get mailed clips from my Oklahoma State Cowboys and the Bills from my parents and (then) wife. That was all we got and were sooooo thankful! lol 

Right?

Best case, had one of those disposable kodak cameras. I'm in the same boat, so few photos of my time in the service.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.