The past 5 Super Bowl winners

gtw3

it does not change the dissapointmet I have in this team for losing to the Jets.

To be honest I fully expected to dominate them and the fact they looked like crap just fuels my anger. and nobody is going to make me feel better about that. 

There is time to fix it, but injuries might derail the whole thing.  I expected not to lose to Miami and the NY Jets regardless and here we are. 

Yeah I'm going to keep watching, and yes I hope for improvement but everytime I see the kind effort/game we just saw I'm going to be livid. Piss poor run D, no QB pressure from our DL, a group of WR's who dissapeared, never any consistent running attack, questionable coaching schemes.

Josh not playing well is a big part of it, but the team/coaching around him needs to be able to bail him out of those games, as well as Josh needs to realize he can't stare down the primary WR and needs to able ot take the safe stuff.

Right now we are against the ropes for home playoff advantage and that should not and can not be the case. We lose 1 more we are not in the drivers seat. We cannot afford to lose another game IMO. That has me worried because we look very pedestrian recently

Edited by ddaryl

I’ve been telling my Giants/Jets fans friends that love to text me after a loss……all that matters is we’re playing our best football in December/January…….this isn’t college football where we have to go undefeated and beat every team by 3+ scores.

Edited by streetkings01

Sounds like a rationalization post.  None of that historical stuff has any impact whatsoever on what happens to the Bills this season, but if it makes you feel better, go for it.

BTW, I have seen NO ONE write "Burn it down" and "Start over" after the Jets game.

I have seen frustrated Bills fans wondering what the hell happened to Josh, though.

I still think we will be fine, though if we don't pull it together, the No.1 seed will not happen.

7 hours ago, gtw3 said:

With so many people wanting to jump off of a cliff or burn it all to the ground after a mid-season, divisional, road loss, I thought I would TRY to provide a little bit of perspective and hope.

Looking into the past 5 Super Bowl winners, they all had points in their seasons where their fans likely assumed it was “a lost cause, all the players sucked, they were cursed and/or they probably should fire everyone.”

2021 Rams (12-5): Lost 3 games in a row (weeks 9-12 w/the bye in-between).  Got beaten by SF twice including a 31-10 loss in week 10 and a loss in the season finale.  

2020 Bucs (11-5): Lost 3 out of 4 mid-season (weeks 9-12) including a 38-3 thrashing by the Saints.  Brady, I’m sure, was washed up, Arians had no idea how to coach, it was a failed experiment and they all needed to be fired.

2019 Chiefs (12-4):  Lost 4 of 6 (Week5 – 10).  This was the season where Mahomes was injured and missed some time.  The initial fears on his injury were significant but he ended up only missing 2 games.  The Chiefs went 1-1 in those games.

2018 Pats (11-5): Lost 2 of their last 4.  Got stomped by Tennessee in week 10.  Lost in week 14 in Miami on that crazy last second lateral walk-off play.  They’d lose the next week against Pittsburgh to drop their record to 9-5.  Their worst record through 14 games since 2008.  I’m sure the sky definitely wasn’t falling in New England (sarcasm).

2017 Eagles (13-3):  They were fairly dominant throughout their regular season but lost Wentz in week 13 for the season. It was their second loss and dropped their record to 10-2.  I’m sure the Eagles fans felt cursed at the time.  Had a “why can’t we have nice things” mentality.   A sentimentality that I have seen expressed this week on this forum.

Point being, Super Bowl caliber teams still lose an occasional game.  Especially on the road against divisional rivals.

This is a great perspective! Of course it doesn't mean the Bills will win the Super Bowl but the Bills still have a pretty good shot at it.

This is a good point by the OP.  Good teams will have bad games over the course of a season.

Those old enough to remember will recall the 90s Bills suffering frustrating losses to inferior teams - and still running through the AFC playoffs and into the SB.  

Presumably the best NFL team wins the Super Bowl every year.  But not since 1972 has the best team in the NFL not lost to an inferior one at some point.  In fact, the best team will typically have maybe 4 or so losses over the course of the season to less talented teams. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.