WR Ja'Marr Chase out 4-6 weeks with a hairline hip fracture & torn labrum - NOT going to IR

Big Turk

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

who else are you down?  I’m out Chase, M. Brown, and Thomas. 

I lost track of how many players I am down....Breece Hall, Michael Thomas, DJ Chark, Hollywood Brown, Jon Metchie(Dynasty league)...plus an assortment of guys that have missed a game here and there. And the problem in my dynasty league is we carry huge rosters so there are very few startable players sitting out there to replace them with.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

who else are you down?  I’m out Chase, M. Brown, and Thomas. 

I am down M. Brown, Mike Williams and now Chase. Every other position I am good on. I have three good RB’s in Jacobs, Mixon and Stevenson, Dallas defense, Bass as my kicker, Kittle at TE and Dak/Geno Smith at QB. 

Never had a WR corps be so decimated in 10+ years of playing fantasy.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Sure this sucks for them not sure its a "big blow for playoff chances" though.

Agree, they will be fine especially since their next 4 week are Browns/Steelers/Panthers/Bye week. After that they do have 2 back to back games against the Titans and Chiefs in Late Nov/Early december that will major ramifications in the AFC playoff picture though and probably will need him then.

22 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Serves as a reminder to everyone shooting down every "we don't need ___" scenarios.  I don't care who we get nearly as much as I hope we do SOMETHING. This could happen to us in a week, and a trade is off the table. Meanwhile #2 and #3 teams are making moves to arm up

It is nice idea, but we can't have a backup with starting talent at every position. We only have so many roster spots, cap space, and draft pics.  We have more depth than most teams do and making a big trade just in case we have an injury makes 0 sense

12 minutes ago, DanInUticaTampa said:

It is nice idea, but we can't have a backup with starting talent at every position. We only have so many roster spots, cap space, and draft pics.  We have more depth than most teams do and making a big trade just in case we have an injury makes 0 sense

Doesn't mean we need to make a desperate overpay move, but I also don't want us hanging onto expendable draft picks with the assumption we have this year wrapped up and and worrying about mid round picks. Seems like there's reasonable moves to be had.

• Big Turk changed the title to WR Ja'Marr Chase out 4-6 weeks with a hairline hip fracture & torn labrum - NOT going to IR

My fantasy team has been ravage by injuries and other misfortune.  Chase, Mitchell (San Fran), Metcalf, Dobbins, Akers and Lazard are all out.  I will have my first losing fantasy football season in years, but it is okay because the Bills will have a great season.

On 10/27/2022 at 3:39 PM, Big Turk said:

Joe Burrow's favorite target....Cincy could struggle offensively until he gets back.

That seeking answers part doesn't sound too promising...Bo Jackson was seeking answers about his hip injury at one time...

UPDATE: 

So not going to IR sounds as though he wants to come back in less than 4 games, but this really sounds like something he ought to take his time with letting it heal to avoid lingering problems. 😬 

The Bengals have a bye in 2 weeks so he could miss 4 weeks and 3 games and come back sooner than IR

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.