Trump vs. DeSantis, who is your man?

Tiberius

Trump vs DeSantis   

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your choice to lead the GOP?

• Trump
    • DeSantis

Former President Donald Trump plans to hold a rally in Florida this Sunday - the same day as a series of rallies being held by Florida Governor Ron DeSantis amid mounting speculation of a rivalry between the two.

Trump's rally, being held in Miami in support of Senator Marco Rubio as he seeks a third term, comes on the same day as DeSantis has planned three stops in the Tampa area and in Southwest Florida.

DeSantis is widely seen as a leading Republican competitor to Trump should both men choose to run for president in the 2024 election.

Several US news outlets have reported that some members of the DeSantis camp have expressed anger that they were not informed of the rally prior to Trump's announcement.

"You've got the Sunday before election day totally hijacked by Trump parachuting in," a Republican consultant in Florida was quoted as saying by Politico.

"No Republican could go to a DeSantis event that day. None. And DeSantis won't be here? This is big."

A spokesperson for Trump downplayed any rivalry. When asked if he would campaign with DeSantis last week, Mr Trump said that "he's a nice man".

"I was the one who got him elected," he added, according to the New York Times.

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-us-canada-63497994

Trump planning to announce shortly after Election Day? Let the fun begin! He will have to systematically take down any and every other potential nominee. That’s the only way he knows to play this game. The ass-kissing Ted Cruz of post-Trump 2016 nomination days? Gone. Welcome back “your dad was in with Oswald and your wife is ugly too.” And there’s so many, many more. Bring on the 🍿 

31 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Trump planning to announce shortly after Election Day? Let the fun begin! He will have to systematically take down any and every other potential nominee. That’s the only way he knows to play this game. The ass-kissing Ted Cruz of post-Trump 2016 nomination days? Gone. Welcome back “your dad was in with Oswald and your wife is ugly too.” And there’s so many, many more. Bring on the 🍿 

I think it's better if DeSantis runs. Too much baggage with Trump. 

Putting up Trump in 2024 would be a blunder like the Democrats made by running Hillary in 2016. Biden is ripe to lose re-election. The only thing that can help him is handing the Democrats an opponent with an extremely low favorability rating. Putting up Trump against Biden would do just that. Have to believe the Democratic money will be pouring into the Trump primary campaign. 

23 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Putting up Trump in 2024 would be a blunder like the Democrats made by running Hillary in 2016. Biden is ripe to lose re-election. The only thing that can help him is handing the Democrats an opponent with an extremely low favorability rating. Putting up Trump against Biden would do just that. Have to believe the Democratic money will be pouring into the Trump primary campaign. 

I don't think Biden will run. I think health will prevent it. I don't know who it will be, but I doubt it's Biden.

38 minutes ago, Doc said:

Biden can't/be allowed to run again.  And bypassing Kammy for a white candidate, be it Hilly or Newsome, loses them the POC vote.  

I'm not sure I agree with the last part (about a minority candidate), but the likelihood that a white male other than Biden could make it through the primaries is pretty slim.

I'm no DeSantis fan but he's smart, sane, young, and Machiavellian (Trump is only the last one), and probably would be able to actually govern in a reasonably effective manner.

3 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I'm not sure I agree with the last part (about a minority candidate), but the likelihood that a white male other than Biden could make it through the primaries is pretty slim.

I'm no DeSantis fan but he's smart, sane, young, and Machiavellian (Trump is only the last one), and probably would be able to actually govern in a reasonably effective manner.

Who do you see then? 

Trump better hope his endorsed candidates get across the finish line. 

GA and PA should be easy R dubs if McCormick beat Oz and GA nominated a normal candidate instead of Herschel.   Instead Trump cleared the way for Walker and got Oz across the finish line. 

In fairness.. if Vance and Masters win, those are two very good senators, imo, and (love her or hate her) Kari Lake “looks” to be a strong Trump nominee. 

10 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Trump better hope his endorsed candidates get across the finish line. 

GA and PA should be easy R dubs if McCormick beat Oz and GA nominated a normal candidate instead of Herschel.   Instead Trump cleared the way for Walker and got Oz across the finish line. 

In fairness.. if Vance and Masters win, those are two very good senators, imo, and (love her or hate her) Kari Lake “looks” to be a strong Trump nominee. 

Fetterman destroys anything the left has to say about Walker.  Not a high IQ individual himself and he has actual brain damage.  It's a travesty to have stuck with him.

9 hours ago, Greg S said:

I don't know if he could win. Media hates him and we have too many sheep in this country who believe what the media tells them. 

Times are a changing… Nobody trusts the media anymore and Twitter can’t manipulate an election again. 

I don’t want him to run, but he is.. and if he’s nominated, he’s going to likely win. 

2 hours ago, Doc said:

Who do you see then? 

I will have to do a survey of:

- the universe of boring white Democratic women senators and governors (no, not Hochul!)

- the universe of black and hispanic Democratic senators and governors

- and lest we forget: boring LGBTQ Democratic senators and governors - Jared Polis?

My take: America wants boring!  

Edited by The Frankish Reich

6 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I will have to do a survey of:

- the universe of boring white Democratic women senators and governors (no, not Hochul!)

- the universe of black and hispanic Democratic senators and governors

- and lest we forget: boring LGBTQ Democratic senators and governors - Jared Polis?

My take: America wants boring!  

There are really just 2 candidates: Newsome and Hillary.