Covid Protocols 2023

MASKAHOLISM IS AN INCURABLE DISEASE: 

No Masks, Please, We’re Rational. 

Mask mandates are starting to return despite 97 percent of Americans having acquired Covid antibodies and all the evidence that the mandates failed to make a difference in Covid infections or mortality (including a recent study in The Lancet  reporting that the only significant effect of the state mask mandates in the U.S. was a decrease in fourth-graders’ test scores).

Yet the media are urging the return of masks, and the CDC, unlike every country in Europe, continues to advise masking toddlers. The maskaholics’ faith remains as strong as that of the Cambodian villagers who protected themselves from the coronavirus by erecting magic scarecrows in front of their huts.

https://www.city-journal.org/article/no-masks-please-were-rational

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, B-Man said:

MASKAHOLISM IS AN INCURABLE DISEASE: 

No Masks, Please, We’re Rational. 

Mask mandates are starting to return despite 97 percent of Americans having acquired Covid antibodies and all the evidence that the mandates failed to make a difference in Covid infections or mortality (including a recent study in The Lancet  reporting that the only significant effect of the state mask mandates in the U.S. was a decrease in fourth-graders’ test scores).

Yet the media are urging the return of masks, and the CDC, unlike every country in Europe, continues to advise masking toddlers. The maskaholics’ faith remains as strong as that of the Cambodian villagers who protected themselves from the coronavirus by erecting magic scarecrows in front of their huts.

https://www.city-journal.org/article/no-masks-please-were-rational

Remember - your masks (two is better than one) protect me. Mine protect you. We should also do our part and stay six feet apart. 

This public service announcement has been brought to you by chigoose. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, TSOL said:

I actually wear a mask sometimes because I'm a construction worker and I'm subject to  a lot of dust from chipping concrete and stuff 

Nothing wrong with that. I fly constantly and a small percentage of people wear masks. Lately it seems most common among the elderly. Nobody cares a lick. It’s only when the finger-wagging Karen’s (chigoose, redhawk, etc) get antsy does anyone care. 

Edited by JDHillFan
Spelling
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, JDHillFan said:

Nothing wrong with that. I fly constantly and a small percentage of people wear masks. Lately it’s seems most common among the elderly. Nobody cares a lick. It’s only when the finger-wagging Karen’s (chigoose, redhawk, etc) get antsy does anyone care. 

I will say that I've seen older people and people who look like they have health issues wearing masks out in the general public lately. I attribute that to corona, yes, and I don't disagree. If the more vulnerable people in the general public feel it necessary then I think it cannot hurt but for healthy fit and younger people to wear them because some obscure govt agency tells them too, I find that a little ridiculous. 

• Like (+1) 1

The masks aren't helping elderly or immunocompromised people either.

They don't work to stop spread of respiratory viruses.

I've worked with respiratory viruses in labs for years. Mundane strains and some pretty nasty flu strains that had mutations rendering them resistant to antivirals.

We were required to wear PPP when working with the highly concentrated viral cultures.  Gloves.  Lab coats. Safety glasses.

But never masks.

Why?

Because they don't work.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

The masks aren't helping elderly or immunocompromised people either.

They don't work to stop spread of respiratory viruses.

I've worked with respiratory viruses in labs for years. Mundane strains and some pretty nasty flu strains that had mutations rendering them resistant to antivirals.

We were required to wear PPP when working with the highly concentrated viral cultures.  Gloves.  Lab coats. Safety glasses.

But never masks.

Why?

Because they don't work.

It's like cake. Cake isn't good for you but it makes you happy, and being happy is good for you. So if it makes elderly and immunocompromised feel more comfortable, makes them feel happy to go grocery shopping, comfortable, then maybe they aren't so bad. 

I'm not saying that they should be mandated, I'm just saying that if it makes elderly people more comfortable then don't criticize them for it. 

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Will this vaccine "shut down the virus" Joke?  And should we trust one from your Admin?

46 minutes ago, TSOL said:

I actually wear a mask sometimes because I'm a construction worker and I'm subject to  a lot of dust from chipping concrete and stuff 

They're useful there because those particles are bigger than Wuhan virus.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

🎯

Boy I hope they try, and I hope we see massive civil disobedience.  

We know the useful idiots will again turn full blown authoritarian demanding masking, new shot, lockdowns, school closure and what not.

Edited by Chris farley
  • Like (+1) 1

Read it and weep Quack...

In 2019, WHO published a systematic review and meta-analysis on the use of face masks for the prevention of influenza, involving ten high-quality studies with more than 6000 participants.

Its conclusion:

"There was no evidence that face masks are effective in reducing transmission of laboratory-confirmed influenza." 

In other words, there was universal scientific consensus pre-April 2020 that masks did not work. But, post-April 2020, what had once been scientific consensus had suddenly become "misinformation".

How does something like that happen?

How does scientific consensus become "misinformation" within just a few months, without any change in the actual science?

• Thank you (+1) 2

3 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

Read it and weep Quack...

In 2019, WHO published a systematic review and meta-analysis on the use of face masks for the prevention of influenza, involving ten high-quality studies with more than 6000 participants.

Its conclusion:

"There was no evidence that face masks are effective in reducing transmission of laboratory-confirmed influenza." 

In other words, there was universal scientific consensus pre-April 2020 that masks did not work. But, post-April 2020, what had once been scientific consensus had suddenly become "misinformation".

How does something like that happen?

How does scientific consensus become "misinformation" within just a few months, without any change in the actual science?

I still recall Teflon Tony saying masks were ineffective...and then a week later saying they were effective.  Way to lead, Tone.

• Like (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, Doc said:

I still recall Teflon Tony saying masks were ineffective...and then a week later saying they were effective.  Way to lead, Tone.

Fauci doesn't know his head from his taint.  Look.  Wear seventeen useless masks.  Take 84 useless boosters.  Wear a useless mask on your sphincter.  Stick useless masks in your ears.  I don't care.  But don't make me take a useless shot and don't make me wear a useless mask.  This is America.   Mind your own f-ing business.  What a mess.

Edited by Irv
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Irv said:

Fauci doesn't know his head from his taint.  Look.  Wear seventeen useless masks.  Take 84 useless boosters.  Wear a useless mask on your sphincter.  Stick useless masks in your ears.  I don't care.  But don't make me take a useless shot and don't make me wear a useless mask.  This is America.   Mind your own f-ing business.  What a mess.

They can't use the lies about it being perfectly safe and that it will prevent you from getting Wuhan virus or transmitting it anymore.  So they can't mandate *****.

• Like (+1) 2

And some people will write this off to incompetence, human error, or anything else they can to avoid admitting the truth: we (humanity) were had. 

Because once they admit that to themselves they’ll have to ask the next question: why? And the answer to that is reality shattering and most people would rather continue to live in the lie and pretend it’s just same-old-same-old, than face the hard truth.

Link to the article.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-12453329/amp/Covid-blame-just-1-weekly-deaths-causes.html

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, B-Man said:

By all means lets shut down the populace again.

c9080e0256a8c9953d9bd5ed572534a0f6306e9734e7d2ede9051290582e14f6.thumb.jpg.7e3ca9d4f4c76d22d4b94c89e2049fdb.jpg

You would think that with the population densities of China and India that it would have ravaged those countries.  Now China I can see fudging the numbers, but not India.

• Like (+1) 1

Old Crow Medicine show is coming to the Ithaca to the old state street theatre. Same place I saw my first concert (Violent Fems in the 90's).  Was about to buy tickets but just read in the Ithaca voice that they are re instituting vaccine status. Testing, masking won't be allowed. back to only the vaccinated being allowed in.

There are a lot of "people" just waiting to go back to the lockdowns and the control they had.

8 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

Old Crow Medicine show is coming to the Ithaca to the old state street theatre. Same place I saw my first concert (Violent Fems in the 90's).  Was about to buy tickets but just read in the Ithaca voice that they are re instituting vaccine status. Testing, masking won't be allowed. back to only the vaccinated being allowed in.

There are a lot of "people" just waiting to go back to the lockdowns and the control they had.

It's easier just being at home for many.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Doc said:

It's easier just being at home for many.

it's not good for people. that's a self-imposed prison. 

I think the other narratives are control. 

and people that are just acting out of fear due to the MSM narrative.

the first and last example are kind of sad.  but understandable.

the second is the problem.

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

I was going to attend a conference last year and give a talk but the organizers required proof of three doses to be considered fully vaccinated.  I had been vaccinated twice but just had a lab confirmed positive test the previous month. So I called the organizers and explained the situation, happy to deliver the proof of two doses plus the very recent lab confirmed positive.

Nope, not good enough. I was stunned (at the time, not anymore) that scientists, albeit not immunologists, didn't get that a booster after just having the disease was not only completely unnecessary,  but potentially dangerous.  Can you say cytokine storm?

So I didn't attend and our sponsorship went poof.

They called again this year wanting us to sponsor the conference. 

They received a very polite ***** off in response. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Chris farley said:

yg4FdKqiggQ==%2B%7C%7C%2BvG0z7vBvuRATF2O

Why Won't COVID Lockdown Artists Admit They Were Wrong?

STEPHEN MOORE

b3926dd1-ed1a-4ec4-9139-a5a41b4ca6c9-860

COVID mania just won’t go away. The deadly strains of the virus have been gone for two years now, and yet the recent outbreak of a mild flu-like variant is again stoking panic on the Left.

It is one thing for well-meaning medical experts to have disagreed about how to best combat a once-in-a-half-century deadly virus. We didn’t know exactly what we were dealing with. But now we know with concrete scientific evidence that most mandates and lockdowns had a small impact on the spread of the virus and on fatalities. It turns out there was almost no difference in death rates in states with strict lockdowns and no lockdowns at all. The same is true of cross-country evidence.

https://hotair.com/stephen-moore/2023/09/01/why-wont-covid-lockdown-artists-admit-they-were-wrong-n574883

NobK4gl.jpg

• Awesome! (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, B-Man said:

yg4FdKqiggQ==%2B%7C%7C%2BvG0z7vBvuRATF2O

Why Won't COVID Lockdown Artists Admit They Were Wrong?

STEPHEN MOORE

b3926dd1-ed1a-4ec4-9139-a5a41b4ca6c9-860

COVID mania just won’t go away. The deadly strains of the virus have been gone for two years now, and yet the recent outbreak of a mild flu-like variant is again stoking panic on the Left.

It is one thing for well-meaning medical experts to have disagreed about how to best combat a once-in-a-half-century deadly virus. We didn’t know exactly what we were dealing with. But now we know with concrete scientific evidence that most mandates and lockdowns had a small impact on the spread of the virus and on fatalities. It turns out there was almost no difference in death rates in states with strict lockdowns and no lockdowns at all. The same is true of cross-country evidence.

https://hotair.com/stephen-moore/2023/09/01/why-wont-covid-lockdown-artists-admit-they-were-wrong-n574883

NobK4gl.jpg

ITs just crazy when thinking back to when I went to school there and my first concert.  Ithaca was antiestablishment, anti-corporate and full of interesting individuals.  it's went a full 180. even the commons has a chipotle and Starbucks at the entrance.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43rXQVjZoT0

first time I saw OCMS was in the same area, at good old grass roots.

I believe one or two of the members are from another small lake town near Ithaca.

• Thank you (+1) 1